OtakuBoards

May's Night Sky, Greates for years to come...

Amphion

It seems there is a pretty strong Steller-fan base here so I thought everyone would be interested in this. I stress that even if you are not into astronomy that much you still need to check this out, you may be dead before you ever see anything like it again. Well no further waiting here it is...

[i][b]Exert from Astronomy Magazine(May)[/i][/b][i]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a good look at this May's Sky - you won't see anything like it for years to come. The bright planets are gathering for a brilliant show in the evening sky. April's lineup was impresiive, but this month you can capture several planets in the same binocular field. The next series of multiple-planet groupings won't take place until 2020, when Jupiter and Saturn will share a small patch of sky once again. However, even that conjuction will be less spectacular because Mars and Mercury will not be in the area.

The bright planetary beacons Venus, Saturn, and Jupiter are garunteed attention grabbers this month. As luck would have it, Mercury simultaneously puts on its best evening show of the year - a performance wherein it's even brighter then orangy Mars.

Saturn, Venus, and Mars form a tight triangle in binocular view from May 4 to 7. Watch how Saturn slumps below the climbing pair of Venus and Mars over the next week. Then the crescent moon adds to an already dazzling visual feast from May 13 to 16.[/i]

Guest Morph
[size=1][color=red] Wow, thats pretty cool, Ill see if I can see it when it comes, I probably won't be able to because I'll be busy, but I'll try to see something that only happens every 20 years or so.... It could be very historical, I may remember it when I'm like 80 years old.... Ehh, probably not but....

*Flash Foward*

Old Blaze: Ohh, I-I remember that whats her name on that spider web thing about the planet thing, ehh, Im probably going insane....[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]

[sarcasm]Nice signature, Forte..[/sarcasm]

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Yes, Forte really knows how to walk on thin ice, doesn't he? :devil:

In any case...I'll have to check this out, it sounds interesting...[/color]