OtakuBoards

Haiku: The Game

Heaven's Cloud

[color=indigo] Here is a little game that I used to play in an English program I attended one summer. It is called the English Haiku game.

As I am sure most of you already know, a Haiku is a three line poem that is set up by the number of syllables in each line. The first line has five syllables, the second seven, and the third five.
Here is a quick example of an english Haiku.

Flowing from up high
cascading down the mountain
Springs thaw brings new hope

The way that you play the Haiku game is by utilizing either five or seven syllables and creating a new poem around them. You can choose any five or seven syllables as long as they are in sequence. Here are two examples from the previous haiku.

[b]Springs thaw brings new hope[/b]
To villagers in Song-Pei
Dilligent harvest

or

Tears spring forth from child
[b]from up high cascading down[/b]
they wet tender cheeks

anyways those are the rules of the game. I hope a couple of you decide to play. Please use the last haiku that was posted to build your poem off of. Also please put the line you used in bold face so we can see the structure of the poem.

Rain from the Heavens
Caresses my worn body
Unyeilding fatigue[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Um, no it doesn't. It has five syllables. :p [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]No, [b]fatiuge[/b] has two stress points. I checked in the dictionary. Fa-tigue.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]No, [b]fatiuge[/b] has two stress points. I checked in the dictionary. Fa-tigue.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] Yes it has two stress points and unyeilding has three stress points un-yeild-ing. 3+2=5...so we are cool to continue...come on guys this can get really creative if you just give it a try:) [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]Unyielding is Six![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] Give it up Raiha, you are wrong...here is the proof...click on the link and it will take you to a dictionary

[url]http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=unyielding[/url][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]Well, the way I learned it is different. :p And the way my dictionary tells it, is different also. But still, I'll do it the WRONG way.
~~~~~~~~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][b]Unyielding fatigue[/b],
Is taking a hold on me,
Plauges my soul to death.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...