Heaven's Cloud Posted April 17, 2002 Posted April 17, 2002 [color=indigo] Here is a little game that I used to play in an English program I attended one summer. It is called the English Haiku game. As I am sure most of you already know, a Haiku is a three line poem that is set up by the number of syllables in each line. The first line has five syllables, the second seven, and the third five. Here is a quick example of an english Haiku. Flowing from up high cascading down the mountain Springs thaw brings new hope The way that you play the Haiku game is by utilizing either five or seven syllables and creating a new poem around them. You can choose any five or seven syllables as long as they are in sequence. Here are two examples from the previous haiku. [b]Springs thaw brings new hope[/b] To villagers in Song-Pei Dilligent harvest or Tears spring forth from child [b]from up high cascading down[/b] they wet tender cheeks anyways those are the rules of the game. I hope a couple of you decide to play. Please use the last haiku that was posted to build your poem off of. Also please put the line you used in bold face so we can see the structure of the poem. _________________________ Okay here is the first Haiku Rain from the Heavens Caresses my worn body Unyeilding fatigue[/color]
Raiha Posted April 17, 2002 Posted April 17, 2002 [COLOR=royalblue]Rain mists from the sky, [b]They wet our cool, tender cheeks,[/b] And cross my whole mind. That was lame.[/COLOR]
Heaven's Cloud Posted April 17, 2002 Author Posted April 17, 2002 [color=indigo] That is how it's done, but i think I hid the haiku to start everyone off...it was at the bottom of my post....here it is again;) Rain from the Heavens Caresses my worn body Unyeilding fatigue [/color]
Raiha Posted April 17, 2002 Posted April 17, 2002 [COLOR=royalblue]Unyielding fatigue doesn't count. It has six syllables. Change it please.[/COLOR]
Charles Posted April 17, 2002 Posted April 17, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i] [B][COLOR=royalblue]Unyielding fatigue doesn't count. It has six syllables. Change it please.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] Um, no it doesn't. It has five syllables. :p
Raiha Posted April 18, 2002 Posted April 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i] [B] Um, no it doesn't. It has five syllables. :p [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]No, [b]fatiuge[/b] has two stress points. I checked in the dictionary. Fa-tigue.[/COLOR]
Heaven's Cloud Posted April 18, 2002 Author Posted April 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i] [B][COLOR=royalblue]No, [b]fatiuge[/b] has two stress points. I checked in the dictionary. Fa-tigue.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo] Yes it has two stress points and unyeilding has three stress points un-yeild-ing. 3+2=5...so we are cool to continue...come on guys this can get really creative if you just give it a try:) [/color]
Heaven's Cloud Posted April 18, 2002 Author Posted April 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i] [B][COLOR=royalblue]Unyielding is Six![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo] Give it up Raiha, you are wrong...here is the proof...click on the link and it will take you to a dictionary [url]http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=unyielding[/url][/color]
Raiha Posted April 18, 2002 Posted April 18, 2002 [COLOR=royalblue]Well, the way I learned it is different. :p And the way my dictionary tells it, is different also. But still, I'll do it the WRONG way. ~~~~~~~~[/COLOR] [COLOR=seagreen][b]Unyielding fatigue[/b], Is taking a hold on me, Plauges my soul to death.[/COLOR]
Heaven's Cloud Posted April 18, 2002 Author Posted April 18, 2002 [color=indigo]Darkness rolls through me I fear immaculate death [b]is taking a hold[/b][/color]
Raiha Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 [COLOR=seagreen]I look around twice, Darkness rolls on through my soul, And there is no rest.[/COLOR]
RicoTranzrig Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 OOC: Eh, why not... ~~~~~ [COLOR=darkblue]Around the corner A demon confronts my soul Consuming my heart...[/COLOR]
Raiha Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 [COLOR=seagreen]I am so afraid, What is around the corner? I don't want to know.[/COLOR]
Heaven's Cloud Posted May 6, 2002 Author Posted May 6, 2002 [color=indigo][b]I don't want to know[/b] Why you abandoned our love With reckless malice[/color]
Sui Generis Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 [b]With reckless malice[/b] The fool swings his mighty sword Aimed at Everyone
RicoTranzrig Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]A budding actress Destined to become famous Stopped only by fate.[/COLOR]
Heaven's Cloud Posted May 7, 2002 Author Posted May 7, 2002 [color=indigo] Rico, Rico, I think you forgot the rules of the game;) Take a look at the first post...but we'll continue with your poem, since it was the last one... [b]To Become Famous[/b] Dances through all of our thoughts Misguided Daydream[/color]
Raiha Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 [COLOR=seagreen]Spreading my own wings, I take to my solo flight, [b]Misguided[/b] actions.[/COLOR]
RicoTranzrig Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 Whoops sorry...I get it now...I think ~~~~~~~ [b]My Solo Flight[/b] ends Everyone judges my life Destorying my soul.
Heaven's Cloud Posted May 9, 2002 Author Posted May 9, 2002 [color=indigo]They all look at me with hateful, accusing stares [b]Destroying my soul[/b][/color]
RicoTranzrig Posted May 9, 2002 Posted May 9, 2002 [color=darkblue][B]They all look at me[/B] As I leave with head hung low I take to the street... [/color]
Heaven's Cloud Posted May 9, 2002 Author Posted May 9, 2002 sorry, couldn't resist a Batman reference [color=indigo]The cries for vengance for them [b]I take to the street[/b] I am the Dark Knight[/color]
Sui Generis Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 With rain on my face She walks away and leaves me [b]I cry for vengence[/b]
RicoTranzrig Posted May 13, 2002 Posted May 13, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]She stands up, angry, [b]She walks away and leaves me[/b] I run after her...[/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now