OtakuBoards

The Scorpion King

Battlepoop

[COLOR=deeppink]I have not seen it, I don't plan to any time soon.

I usually like to see the first movie(s) in a series before I watch any sequals or prequals. I haven't seen The Mummy or The Mummy Returns, so...

Plus it doesn't look very good. Clichèd junk everwhere... "Catch this" or whatever he says is an overused saying... I've heard it in so many movies and T.V. shows in some form or another.

The special effects look good, but most movies nowadays have good effects, so I don't go to see any particular movie just for it's eye candy...

And, [i]another[/i] romantic sub-plot. I am sick and tired of those. They are in almost every freaking move, I just can't stand it anymore...[/COLOR]

It was a decent movie. A few things I didn't like about it, like what they did in a couple fight scenes and the acting could have been ALOT better. But other than that, it was pretty cool.

I thought it could have been a lot better. There was very little story and it was very dry. And the reason he is called The Sorpion King? Now that was really lame.

SPOLIER CRAP

"I can remove the poison but some of the Scorpion will still be run through your veins"

Then in 5 seconds she removes the poison and suck it into her. Why she is not poisoned or why some of the Scorpion still run through her veins is beyond me. And then he isn't refered to or even accoatied with scorpions till the very end of the movie.

The Scorpion King actually surprised me. I saw it with a lot of skepticism, but found myself having a good time watching it.

The movie never takes itself seriously and it's not supposed to. Lines like "People don't go to the valley of the dead. That's why they call it the valley of the dead," prove that everything is all in good fun.

The pacing of the movie was excellent. It caters to the audience that it's supposed to--teenage (or slightly above) males. The action was non stop, with tons of fire effects (although I've never seen real flaming swords).

Although, The Rock isn't the greatest actor in the world, he didn't need to be. He really doesn't have many lines. Honestly, he was born to play this role. Visually, he fits his character perfectly and never tries too hard . His first line is "Boo!" Micheal Clark Duncan Jr. does a great job of playing a well-rounded character. Although, I wouldn't compare it to his work in "The Green Mile" I still give him a thumbs up.

So, I recommend seeing the movie if you want to have an hour and a half of good fun. You won't be seeing the best movie of the year, but it'll be worth the price of admission.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Voodookanaka
it was terrible, the cheeziest movie ive ever seen!, y the hell did metal swords set on fire? and y did half the guards jump on him when they had swords? and the ppl with bow and arrows were terrible shots, this was without a doubt one of the worst, cheeziest, korniest and plain pathetic movies ive ever seen!

[Quote]rumour has it that the rock will be starring as duke nukem in the duke nukem movie....

rock with blond hair? I don't think so....[/Quote]

Arnie was born for that part...he was just born at the wrong time :D