Battlepoop Posted April 30, 2002 Posted April 30, 2002 So did anyone see it? I thought it was pretty cool.
Guest Matt Posted April 30, 2002 Posted April 30, 2002 [color=red][b]I'm planning on seeing it. I just don't know when.[/b][/color]
Guest Morph Posted April 30, 2002 Posted April 30, 2002 I want to see this movie, it seems pretty good, and I also want to see if The Rock can act...
Spikey Posted April 30, 2002 Posted April 30, 2002 [B][COLOR=red]I wanna see it. I can't wait til it comes out on TV or something. I do want to se it.[/b][/color]
Nerdsy Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 [COLOR=deeppink]I have not seen it, I don't plan to any time soon. I usually like to see the first movie(s) in a series before I watch any sequals or prequals. I haven't seen The Mummy or The Mummy Returns, so... Plus it doesn't look very good. Clichèd junk everwhere... "Catch this" or whatever he says is an overused saying... I've heard it in so many movies and T.V. shows in some form or another. The special effects look good, but most movies nowadays have good effects, so I don't go to see any particular movie just for it's eye candy... And, [i]another[/i] romantic sub-plot. I am sick and tired of those. They are in almost every freaking move, I just can't stand it anymore...[/COLOR]
KyJaUn~FuLlEr Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 I haven't seen it yet but i want to it looks cool.My parents think it's stupid but i don't.
SSJ Gotenks ok Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 I dont plan on watching it.It seems stupid to me.:)
JangoFett Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 Whatever. Seems stupid my gludius maximus. It might seem stupid but personaly I loved it.
Fall Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 I intend to see it, though I haven't been able to yet. From the previews, it seems like it kind of a... love story... o.O;;
Sephiroth Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 it's an ok movie, it's too short really, rock ain't too bad at acting.... rumour has it that the rock will be starring as duke nukem in the duke nukem movie.... rock with blond hair? I don't think so....
Cibo Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 It was a decent movie. A few things I didn't like about it, like what they did in a couple fight scenes and the acting could have been ALOT better. But other than that, it was pretty cool.
Fall Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 Duke Nukem?! A movie?! Sweeeeeeettt..... I'll definately go and see it. Though yeah, I can't picture him with blonde hair either... :drunk:
Defcon5 Posted May 1, 2002 Posted May 1, 2002 I thought it could have been a lot better. There was very little story and it was very dry. And the reason he is called The Sorpion King? Now that was really lame. SPOLIER CRAP "I can remove the poison but some of the Scorpion will still be run through your veins" Then in 5 seconds she removes the poison and suck it into her. Why she is not poisoned or why some of the Scorpion still run through her veins is beyond me. And then he isn't refered to or even accoatied with scorpions till the very end of the movie.
Charles Posted May 2, 2002 Posted May 2, 2002 The Scorpion King actually surprised me. I saw it with a lot of skepticism, but found myself having a good time watching it. The movie never takes itself seriously and it's not supposed to. Lines like "People don't go to the valley of the dead. That's why they call it the valley of the dead," prove that everything is all in good fun. The pacing of the movie was excellent. It caters to the audience that it's supposed to--teenage (or slightly above) males. The action was non stop, with tons of fire effects (although I've never seen real flaming swords). Although, The Rock isn't the greatest actor in the world, he didn't need to be. He really doesn't have many lines. Honestly, he was born to play this role. Visually, he fits his character perfectly and never tries too hard . His first line is "Boo!" Micheal Clark Duncan Jr. does a great job of playing a well-rounded character. Although, I wouldn't compare it to his work in "The Green Mile" I still give him a thumbs up. So, I recommend seeing the movie if you want to have an hour and a half of good fun. You won't be seeing the best movie of the year, but it'll be worth the price of admission.
Darkness Posted May 4, 2002 Posted May 4, 2002 I actually thought it was pretty good. True, there are some parts that could use improvement, but I didn't leave the show wanting my money back(like after seeing vanilla sky). It's worth seeing.
Guest Voodookanaka Posted May 27, 2002 Posted May 27, 2002 it was terrible, the cheeziest movie ive ever seen!, y the hell did metal swords set on fire? and y did half the guards jump on him when they had swords? and the ppl with bow and arrows were terrible shots, this was without a doubt one of the worst, cheeziest, korniest and plain pathetic movies ive ever seen! [Quote]rumour has it that the rock will be starring as duke nukem in the duke nukem movie.... rock with blond hair? I don't think so....[/Quote] Arnie was born for that part...he was just born at the wrong time :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now