Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
If there is one thing that i am angry about it is the fact that the british broadcasting company, and SKY is taking simpsons off the air! you guys in the U.S may call yourself lucky if its not stopping there. i will never forget my first episode, going to see Marvin Monroe after badly messing up in Mr Burns party.
Anyways, if it means the simpsons, then will futurama be cut off, and what the heck will replace to cool shows?

im a true simpsons fan, and ill get my episodes no matter what, DVD, video, anything!

For now, farewell simpsons :bawl:
Posted
Yeah, well... Matt Groening DID announce that he'd be finishing the Simpsons... Lack of motivation or something. And didn't one episode about Brazil get banned in the US, or did I just hear that somwhere?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Yeah, well... Matt Groening DID announce that he'd be finishing the Simpsons... Lack of motivation or something. And didn't one episode about Brazil get banned in the US, or did I just hear that somwhere? [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think the episode got banned, but I believe the Brazilan goverment, or one of the city goverments, is sueing the Simpsons.

But I hadn't really heard anything about Groening saying he'd be finishing off the Simpsons sometime soon... But, well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens...
Guest cloricus
Posted
Well I do have too much time on my hands and for as long as I can remember I've been turning on channel 10 at 6 pm. And watching rerun after rerun. (I have no life and no need for new mind stimulus) I would be quite annoyed if it was to be cancelled, and what else would be cancelled futurama and all the other shows?
Posted
i Love the simpsons! always have and perhaps always will! and

just to ask..what does a watching a show have to do with how much time one has on their hands? i don't understand!

and yes the show will be ending soon because they have lack of ideas! that's what i heard!

:wave:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Yeah, well... Matt Groening DID announce that he'd be finishing the Simpsons... Lack of motivation or something. And didn't one episode about Brazil get banned in the US, or did I just hear that somwhere? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have no idea of this brazil episode, it might have been the new one which just came out, but it is rare for the simpsons to be cut or banned because it has taken the mick out of much more things, your prime example George Bush.
Posted
According to a comment made by Groening, he will not stop making the Simpsons until there is nothing to make fun of. On the situation of banned episodes, the one where they go to New York will not be aired any longer and the one related to Brazil has to do with killer bees, but I am not sure if it has been banned or if the creators were sued, although I have not seen that one in a while.
Posted
[color=indigo] Dan Castellano, the voice of Homer, Grandpa, Krusty, Barney and a slew of others, was on a radio program a couple of mornings ago and said that there are no plans to end the show anytime soon....[/color]
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
BBC is still goin to be showing the simpsons, however you are right about BskyB's sky one, however rumour is fox are opening another channel on sky so it will be shown on there, my dad told me the thing about the producers running out of ideas but i havent heard anything, i gotta get back to revising for my media exam again. l8r.
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Yeah, well... Matt Groening DID announce that he'd be finishing the Simpsons... Lack of motivation or something. And didn't one episode about Brazil get banned in the US, or did I just hear that somwhere? [/B][/QUOTE]
I never heard that! I would like to see that episode since I'm half Brazilan. Can anyone tell me about it?
Posted
It didn't really have to do with brazil, it was either the one with quote "Here come the killer bees" or the one where bart kills the bird with Nelson's bb gun and raises the eggs of the bird only to find out that they are parasitic flying lizards
Posted
[color=green]The Simpsons is not going to end. Matt Groening made a comment in a magazine about how hard it was to create new ideas for episodes after so long.. and people translated that into meaning that the show would end.

You don't have to worry about this show ending anytime soon. In fact they will probably make it to 400 episodes at least.[/color]
Posted
The simpsons aint gonna end matt said it himself!!!!!! And was the brazil episode when the simpsons went there because lisa had a pen pal who she wrote too and then he stoped writting so lisa was worried and they all went to see what happined to him???? I dont see why it would be banned.


Did anyone see the episode the other night when apu was cheating on his wife and homer walked in and was shocked and started walking backwards all the way home!!!!:laugh:
Guest Saiyangohan2002
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Yeah, well... Matt Groening DID announce that he'd be finishing the Simpsons... Lack of motivation or something. And didn't one episode about Brazil get banned in the US, or did I just hear that somwhere? [/B][/QUOTE]

It was banned in brazil at least lol. We just got that episode over here in New Zealand, man it was funny!
Posted
off the air?!?!?! That's gotta suck.... it's never been taken off the air here for a fair while, and if it's taken off air on Ten Capital (t.v. channel), there's always other channels that I can watch it on....

FOX8
Terminal Television
...and more.... i think.... :drunk:
Posted
Matt Groening talked to aol a few days ago and said he will be writing episodes of the simsons until their is nothing to make fun of any more. So I would not wory their will be new episodes for years to go. Also with the ratings higher then ever why is their a reason for him to stop making new episodes...?
Posted
I don't know if it will or it won't but, I would just die if it was cancled. Of course I would just go buy the dvd set, witch I'v been meaning to do.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Atomic Sock [/i]
[B]I don't know if it will or it won't but, I would just die if it was cancled. Of course I would just go buy the dvd set, witch I'v been meaning to do. [/B][/QUOTE]The DVD set?! But would'nt that cost like.... alot? I wouldn't buy the DVD set.... the VHS set is still out, I'd get that. It costs alot cheaper. ;) But it's not cancelled here yet, so I'm safe for now...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...