Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[B]People in England may have noticed this, but I think it is downright annoying that the dubbed DBZ episodes shown on cartoon network have been edited to the extremes in England.
I have seen American dubbed episodes, such as Final Atonement, where Trunks and Goten get punched in the stomach, (and head) it is not edited out, but in England the moments of impact are edited out and replaced by someone staring at Vegeta (or any other character, this is simply an example). This happens all the time in fight scenes. I find this highly annoying that English Dragonball Z fans have their episodes edited so much. Are the rules just far more relaxed in America? [/b]
Posted
:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: [B] YEAH! I know what you mean man! The US editting is so much better, the British take everything so seriously![/B]
Posted
i have no idea what you're talking about. I dont know if my details on the left says it or not but i live in England. I saw that episode last week on Cartoon Network, or the week before, whenever it was, and it showed Vegeta giving a slight chop to Trunk's head and a slight punch to Gotens belly, and he falls to his knees and his hair goes normal.


It never showed anyone staring at Vegeta when i watched it
Posted
[B]Unless you watched the late night run it was edited.
Vegeta went to chop Trunks and a bright light flashed and it cut to someone else or another view, it never the showed the actual moment when Vegeta [I]hit[/i] Trunks or Goten. Thats what I'm talking about.[/B]
Posted
hmmm, no, i watched it at 6:00pm. I'm not really sure now though. I can't remember if at the PRECISE moment that he hit them that it showed it or not. I know that when they show flashbacks and stuff, it showed it then, but i'm not sure anymore if it showed it at the precise moment. All i've been watching is the 6pm ones and somewhere along the line, be it the exact moment he hit them, or when someone has a flash back, i saw it actually happen
Posted
Well the American versions are edited allot also I mean the Japanese versions are completely different from the U.S. version let me give you a example. In the U.S. version of Bardark when he see's goku he says "only an average power level I thought you were special" and in the jaopanese version he says "Only a measly power level of 2 what a weakling" as you cansee they censor things they do not even need to censor that is why from now on I will only puerchass the DVD's so I can hear the original language used though the magical art of subbing.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]That sucks england!!But the us editing sucks also thats why it's better getting them in japenese uncut!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Now theres the answer! I thought England would allow a lot more, especially more than the u.s.
Posted
england also cut out the episode where buu punches babadi's head off, lmao!

and about the character staring at vegita, that was kuririn, they showed vegita give trunks a chop to the neck, but they didn't show him punch son goten properly....

I'm quite enjoying watching these dubbed episodes and laughing at everything they cut out, lol ^_^
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]england also cut out the episode where buu punches babadi's head off, lmao!
[/B][/QUOTE]i know, it's lame as hell. It didn't even show the fist connect. It just showed Babidi's eye. :rolleyes:

*remembers back to when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got re-named to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in England cuz whoever was in charge of that thought Ninja was too 'agressive'* :rolleyes:
Posted
[B]Oh dear, I just saw the DBZ episode today and guess what England have lost? Funimations edited episodes. I'm talking about the episodes that the guys at Funimation gave a touch-up because the art was a little dated. We've now lost the better animation episodes. Please take this moment to cry. (I know this is a little off topic but there have already been 2 image quality threads, I'd rather not clutter.)[/B]
Guest SSJ Goku
Posted
i now i live in england and i hate what they have done, they have taken to much out.it's not fair on us!:flaming:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]That sucks england!!But the us editing sucks also thats why it's better getting them in japenese uncut!!! [/B][/QUOTE]
That can be a problem if ya don't know how to speak Japanese! I wish I could, but I can't so I'm stuck with the episodes on CN :flaming: :mad: :confused:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Basketcase [/i]
[B]
That can be a problem if ya don't know how to speak Japanese! I wish I could, but I can't so I'm stuck with the episodes on CN :flaming: :mad: :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well most japenese tapes come with subs!!!!!:therock::rolleyes:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]People in England may have noticed this, but I think it is downright annoying that the dubbed DBZ episodes shown on cartoon network have been edited to the extremes in England.
I have seen American dubbed episodes, such as Final Atonement, where Trunks and Goten get punched in the stomach, (and head) it is not edited out, but in England the moments of impact are edited out and replaced by someone staring at Vegeta (or any other character, this is simply an example). This happens all the time in fight scenes. I find this highly annoying that English Dragonball Z fans have their episodes edited so much. Are the rules just far more relaxed in America? [/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

I kno exactly wot u mean:flaming:

England's eps are really 15-20 mins long normally. IT IS SOOOO ANNOYING

N.B. I am no longer posting on this subject as dubbing is an issue I feel very passionately about and it AGGREVATES me infaticly. I could speak about this for ages, but am deciding not to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...