OtakuBoards

One Alone (A Digimon Story)

GinnyLyn

This is a fanfic based directly on Digimon Season 3, 'cept it's told from a villian's point of view, rather than front the heroes' point, as it has been presented in the show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[b]One Alone[/b]
Ch1: Don?t Need No Stinking Partner (a.k.a. [i]O Partner, Where Art Thou?[/i]*)

He had seen Foxy make off for the bright spot, and decided he?d tag along. She looked kinda cute?and maybe she?d need some help, too. The spot had seemed pretty big.
?Frozen Wind!?
The fight had already started. He stood in the shadows, his purple color blending in perfectly. His emerald eyes sparkled impishly as he watched the yellow fox face off against the enormous blue Allomon. A grin crept up on his face and he was about to join in until he saw?[i]them[/i].
?What are you doing?!? the orange haired girl hollered. ?This isn?t some stupid little game!?
The Allomon had fought Foxy?s ice attack with his own fire attack; now, the dinosaur was piling it on, and Foxy was starting to weaken.
?Too?strong?? she managed to gasp, not willing to risk energy needlessly.
Still in the shadows, Impmon balled his little fists angrily. That bratty little human had no right to boss such a babe around like that! Especially when she seemed to be strong enough to break the kid?s back in two. Yet there she was, letting herself get beaten for a chump that didn?t even appreciate it!
?And for dessert,? Allomon rumbled in premature elation. Impmon?s head snapped up as he heard Foxy?s body hit a nearby lamp post hard. He lashed his tail in rage, debating how fast he could jump down and sink his teeth into the brat?s arm. But no, he couldn?t do that--there were two more Digimon down there, a white and green stuffed critter that was trying to pass itself off as a rabbit, and a small red dinosaur who looked rather goofy--his head reminded Impmon of a pineapple. And [i]horrors[/i]--they had each brought their own human. What was this freaking world coming to?
[i]Eh, maybe Foxy can handle Big, Blue, and Ugly on her own. I?ll, eh, I?ll jump in if she[/i] really [i]needs help.[/i]
The brat girl was yelling at her again. And Foxy, weak and battered as she was, struggled back to her feet, back to the Allomon. The bunny and Pineapple Head were on either side of her, but she walked past them.
?You shouldn?t be here,? she hissed at them. ?Stay out of my way.? With a look of great pain and patience, she lifted her paw up to Allomon, striking out with the Frozen Wind again. It was noticeably smaller, and Allomon was easily overtaking her. Impmon fiercely lashed his tail again-why weren?t those doofuses helping her?! He was about to jump down for real this time when her attack suddenly surged with a huge rush of power and froze Allomon solid.
[i]Oooookay??maybe I[/i] won?t [i]go down after all[/i].
Allomon shivered inside his icy cage, and watched in fear as Foxy leapt up for her final attack.
?Bye bye, handsome,? she said teasingly. She spread her arms out. ?Diamond Storm!?
Glowing shards struck the frozen Digimon; with a tortured scream, he exploded into colorful data. Foxy, her arms still spread in a sort of welcoming gesture, took the data in. Opening her teal eyes, she landed back on the ground next to the orange haired brat.
?Renamon, it?s time to go.?
[i]Renamon?Renamon. Pretty name.[/i]
Renamon obeyed without hesitation. Pineapple Head and the bunny soon wandered off as well, their humans leading the way. Impmon growled.
?Hmph! What a pathetic little gathering of [i]fools[/i]!? he spat. ?No self respecting Digimon would be a slave to a human! If they don?t change they?re gonna pay, ?cause Impmon?s plan is underway.?
[i]First up?s gonna be Foxy[/i], he thought to himself. [i]I know a strong Digimon when I see one and boy, is she ever![/i] He whistled in appreciation. Taking on that no good Allomon more than twice her size and bringing him down. Impmon nodded; he was like that, too. Took out a whole slew of charging Tyrannomon before that lousy MasterTyrannomon kicked him when he wasn?t looking. No, wait! He was looking-yeah, that was it. He was looking, saw what MasterTyrannomon was doing, and landed him a good one on the stomach. Then he absorbed the whole lot of ?em. Impmon grinned; he liked this story more every time, ?cause it just kept getting better.
?Course, it?d help if it was true.
The Rookie furrowed his eyebrows. Where?d that thought come from? If he [i]ever[/i] found out--! But it was gone as fast as it had come.
Now where was he? [i]Oh yeah, Foxy. We?re two of a kind, me n? her[/i]. Impmon?s grin grew wider, and his eyes sparkled brighter. [i]I get her first, and those other two are sure to follow, they?re so weak. Heck, they didn?t even [/i]try [i]to take that Allomon on.[/i]
Impmon?s grin was so wide now that most of his sharp little fangs glittered dangerously in the moonlight. A nearby sparrow fainted from fright. This pleased Impmon.
?Tonight?s your lucky night, Foxy!? he hollered. ?Oh yeah, [i]baboom[/i]!?

A few hours later, he found her by herself on a telephone wire, looking none the worse for wear. She looked as if she was deep in thought, trying to find an answer and not getting the one she wanted. She hadn?t seen him yet, so Impmon cocked a pointed ear toward her.
?All I really have to do is destroy one Digimon that?s strong enough and load his data.?
[i]Oh sweetheart, you can do that all right[/i], Impmon thought to himself. (He didn?t want to admit it, but Renamon?s victory against Allomon had unnerved him from jumping down and talking to her right then and there. What he told himself was that he was being a gentlemon for not bothering her when she was tired.)
??but it may not be that simple??
Impmon mentally choked. What was [i]that[/i] suppose to mean? Time to give her a heart to heart.
?Aw, ain?t that sweet? A Digibabe pining in the moonlight.?
Startled, Renamon jumped and eyed this strange new Digimon. Stretched out atop his favorite lamppost, Impmon cheekily winked at her, then put on his best salesmon style.
?Don?t look to me like you?re too happy there, toots, but then again, what Digimon would be when you gotta answer to some snot nosed kid like you?re their pet or something. Aw right??
Renamon didn?t answer, didn?t move, didn?t blink. Mentally, Impmon gave himself a high five--she was scanning him, yeah! In a moment, she would know he was Impmon, Master of the Mischievous, Demon of Disaster, Impish Overlord of all things Digital in this human infested wo--
She rolled her eyes.
Impmon bit his tongue to keep from snapping at her. [i]She?s just playing hard to get. [/i]
?[i]Look[/i],? Renamon started, in a patient tone, ?I?m not a slave. Rika happens to be my Partner.?
Impmon gave her a sympathetic look. ?Well, your Partner?s not that impressive; even so, she?s got you believing that you can?t do anything for yourself, it?s the most pathetic thing I?ve ever seen!? He recalled the fight earlier, how Pineapple Head and the stuffed bunny wouldn?t move; that was their problem--they didn?t move ?cause they weren?t ordered to. Impmon shook his head in disgust, remembered he was in the midst of his plan, and turned the shake of disgust into another gesture of sympathy.
?All you Digislaves are the same. Deep down you wanna be just like me. I mean, after all, who [i]wouldn?t[/i] want to be like me? Handsome and free like a bird in a tree, [i]baboom[/i]!? He sneaked a peak at her, to see if she had caught that, especially that part about him being handsome.
Renamon didn?t answer, didn?t move, didn?t blink. And she wasn?t scanning this time, which means she was either really dense (Impmon hoped not), or she wasn?t buying it.
[i]She just needs a little help?s, all[/i], he told himself. [i]So long?s she?s not ignoring me![/i]
?Hello?!? he hollered, sounding a bit peeved. ([i]Oh yeah,[/i] real [i]good, Impy.[/i]) ?This is Class A material, honey!? He let himself relax again. [i]Can?t buy ?em over if I?m yelling at ?em.[/i] (Didn?t want to get her mad, really, because he wouldn?t stand a chance against her.) ?Anyways, like I was saying, I think you?re really sad, and you know what that makes me, huh? Angry! That?s what! And anger?s not good for me, to see a good looking Digimon like you going to waste makes me wanna [i]throw up[/i]!?
Renamon blinked at his sudden outburst. [i]What does this strange Digimon want?[/i] ?Why do you think I?m sad??
?[i]Why[/i]?? Impmon?s face was the picture of disbelief. He was losing her here. He chuckled in a condescending way. ?I mean, [i]lookit[/i] cha, out here all alone, moping around in the moonlight like a puppy that chewed up a slipper and got tossed out of the house.? ([i]Boy, I?d[/i] love [i]to see that happen to-eh, I ain?t got to worry about that no more[/i].) Another condescending snigger. ?You?re in serious denial, lady. There?s a whole world out there--actually, couple of ?em--but if you?re happy fetching bones for some [i]human[/i]--? ([i]and why in the name of all that?s great and stupid do they find[/i] that [i]amusing[/i]?!) ?--then be my guest.?
Renamon stood up. [i]Probably to congratulate me, heh, even suggest a good place to eat. Hope she?s paying ?cause--[/i]
?If that?s your best material, then you need a new writer.? In one fluid motion, she leapt down like liquid gold being poured on the ground.
Impmon?s jaw dropped. [i]That?was[/i] not?[i]supposed to happen![/i] ?HEY!? he yelled at her. ?Where you going?? [i] I?ll give you a second chance if you stop?stop?stop?hey, dummy, I said STOP![/i]
Renamon didn?t. She was walking away to seek quieter rooftops.
?That was [i]rude[/i], you know!? Impmon shrieked, his hands balling up into fists again, his temper getting the better of him. ?Di?n?t your little [i]human[/i] teach you manners? Huh?!?
Renamon kept going.
?Apparently not,? the imp sniveled. Something hiccupped in his memory, and he grinned mischievously. ?Well, maybe I can teach you something. In today?s lesson, we?ll begin with ?Tough Love?.? He snapped his finger, and a bright red ball of fire rested on the tip. [i]You?ll learn not to ignore[/i] me, [i]Foxy. [/i]
?Bada BOOM!? Pulling his arm back, he flung the fireball at Renamon?s retreating figure. Renamon was caught off guard, and snarled back at the skulking figure.
?Hey, take it from me, toots, you gotta quit being [i]stupid[/i] to really be free! Get away from that human immediately!? [i]I am the voice of experience here, you have to listen to me![/i] Impmon laughed crazily and shouted ?Baboom!? once more for good measure.
Renamon whipped her tail about, debating whether it was worth wasting energy on Impmon. Suddenly, a large shaft of light shot into the sky several blocks away.
?A digital field!?
In an instant, Impmon was alone. ?What da???

?I swear, Foxy, you gotta quit running off on me,? Impmon griped. He gasped for breath as he jogged on top of the rooftops, trying to remember where the shaft of light had been. ?I?m gonna convince you one way or the other?and you?ll be happier, trust me.?
He paused by a few pipes giving off steam, hugging his stomach where it ached from running. ?Now, if I remember correctly?if da moon was dat way then the light was dat way and?? Impmon sagged for a moment. The ?moon? turned out to be a large neon sign advertising a seldom visited place called [i]Lunar Pad.[/i]
?Humans,? Impmon spat sourly. If he didn?t catch up with Renamon quickly, he wasn?t going to be able to convince her. Then where would he be? Impmon rested on the pipes for a moment, sulking. [i]Stupid lousy humans-messing up everything. It?d be just fine if--[/i]
He was cut short by a piercing scream.
?Foxy!? [i]Look what you got yourself into, you big dummy! I[/i] told [i]you--[/i]
Impmon redoubled his jog on the rooftops; he tripped on a few concrete edges, muttering a few curses, but was soon rewarded with the sight of a large cloud settled on the park.
Impmon shivered and stared from his high perch on a large building to the park far below. ?How?m I gonna [i]do[/i] this?? he wondered.
There was another scream.
Impmon stood up, got ready to jump. [i]Aight, Foxy, you?d better be convinced ?cause I can?t believe I?m doing this![/i] Filling his scrawny body with a large breath of air, he bounced down to the trees below-and instantly got caught in the top most branch.
Around him, blue fire whirled and flickered, hungrily eating at the spider threads strung everywhere. Impmon very nearly got burned by one of the fireballs (he could almost swear it was grinning at him, very Renamon like-if Renamon grinned, that is). Then a huge flaming blue fire dragon whirled about and, out of sheer terror, Impmon fell from his perch to a lower one. He had just enough time to spot a Dokugumon before it exploded into colorful data, which flew to a familiar looking yellow figure.
?Renamon??
The Digimon thudded to the ground, rustling her nine tails.
[i]Nope, not Renamon. MegaRenamon,[/i] he grimaced. [i]Big, stinky, huge, stronger than ever Renamon.[/i] He was even more terrified now. If he couldn?t stand up to Renamon and convince her, what chance did he have with a digivolved Renamon? But they say age breeds wisdom, so maybe?
He?d wait till he could get her alone.
?Rika, now do you understand??
?Mm hmm, I think I do.?
The brat reached up--[i]to hit her, I?ll bet[/i]--and?Impmon gasped in horror. The brat was [i]stroking[/i] her. And Foxy was [i]letting[/i] her.
Impmon could have screamed in sheer frustration.
?I couldn?t digivolve until you really cared about me, Rika,? the large Champion said.
?Oh,? the human nodded.
[i]?Oh?? ?OH??! Ah,[/i] shimata,[i] you baka Renamon! [/i]
Rika was stroking her Digimon?s markings. Impmon waiting for the bigger Renamon to bite the brat, snap her in half, and gleefully lip her chops after she did.
But the kitsune Digimon never did.
?Oooooooo [i]yuck![/i]? Impmon spat, feeling his stomach lurch. ?Time for me to fly before I lose my lunch!? [i]You?re wrong, ya know. You ain?t need no stinking human to digivolve. Next time, Foxy?I?ll show you next time![/i] With a final snarl of disgust, he leapt into the tree and disappeared into the night.

(*Most of the spoken script is taken directly from the S3 episode [i]O Partner, Where Art Thou?[/i])

Oh, [i]Ginny![/i] That was excellent! I'd expected you to be writing an Impmon story, 'specially after you took such a liking to Beelzemon. [Ginny::love:!] This was so cool, though. You've done him wonderfully. ::babbles on incoherently::

*blushes and grins* Danke, Cera!
Really, you really like it? ^_^
Imp: Well, [i]duh[/i], it's got ME in it!
Me: Um, why aren't you Beelzemon right now?
Imp: 'Cause I ain't in the story.
Me: >_<'

I think mostly this story helps me to explore all my feelings of loneliness and supposed rejection (love wise--that's why the big hints about Impmon liking Renamon are in there). And 'cause I like Beelzemon :love: SO much!

Tomorrow or the next day (depending on how long taking the script down will take), I will have up Ch2. (tentatively called) A State of Hate (aka A Question of Trust).

Ginny i know how you feel about Beelzemon. I think he is very sexy..:love2:

He has a good heart and not many people see that. He was always trying to do something good for someone but then tried to cover it up, making it look like he doesn't need anybody. But everyone needs somebody.

In that last eppy I was crying because I thought he was dying...:bawl: maybe he is.

My Impmon got destroyed and it was horrible. He was always trying to protect little Calumon.

I'm going to pull a Jeri when this season ends, like when Leomon died. Impmon was so cute that I wanted him as my partner but then he got :bawl:.......

Ginny if Beelzemon gets.....then we can talk...you can always PM me

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]*blushes and grins* Danke, Cera!
Really, you really like it? ^_^
[/B][/QUOTE]Of COURSE I do, silly...

I gotta send you my story...cept...I haven't gotten anywhere...coz...I can't write the first chapter...I've got everything else entirely bleeping worked out, but I can't figure out how to start it...aw, crud....

That was great Ginny, too bad it'll be a while before you get to read what I write to get rid of the lonelyness I have stored away. I had uh...I'll e-mail you another time what I was going to say, but the feeling never left me. They did me wrong because I was different, they didn't know me. I always stayed to myself dejectedly hoping they'd like me respectively, but they just always rejected me. It passed though, but that feeling has never left me. Sometimes I question whether my friends are really friends to me for real. Are you?

[b]One Alone[/b]
A State of Hate: Part I (a.k.a [i]Now You See it, Now You Don?t[/i] and [i]A Question of Trust[/i])

It had been a few nights since Impmon had been out. He had taken his usual route, bouncing and banging off of rooftops (waking up some grouchy humans in the process, [i]oh classic![/i]), going to check on?his previous residence. A few blocks from the place, near the park, Impmon paused for a moment to laugh at a goofy looking lady with a ridiculous fruit hat.
?Teh,? Impmon had scoffed, ?t?ain?t smart to put your lunch out where everyone can see it!? He snatched a red apple and bit down-only to throw it down in disgust. ?[i]Fake!?[/i]? he hollered. ?What kind of sick joke [i]is[/i] this??
Then he noticed his throwing arm was becoming clear-see through. Impmon panicked. He pulled his arm back to shake it and breathed a sigh of relief. [i]I can still Bada Boom, at least.[/i] To toss off his scare, he had let a fireball loose on the fake fruit wearing lady. Her screaming sent him off into gales of laughter, and he had bounced off.

Impmon made a face. Would it be safe to go out tonight?
?What?sa matter wid ya, buddy boy?? he scolded himself. ?Afraid of a little clarity?? He touched his firing finger, to reassure himself it was still solid. ?Well?? His pointed tail drooped a little. [i]Maybe a little?[/i]
A dog barked in the distance and Impmon jumped, startled. He lashed his tail and growled. The dog barked again.
?SHADDUP!? Impmon yelled. He furrowed his eyebrows. ?Ain?t no way some lousy dog?s gonna find out that Impmon?s a wimp. I?m [i]going![/i]?
To prove it to himself, Impmon purposely took the path through the park near that spot his arm began to disappear. Hanging from a tree, he soon spotted the fake fruit with his fang marks still imbedded in it, laying beneath a bus bench. Impmon jumped down, reached for the dirt covered apple, then kicked it into the street. With a sudden spurt of courage that surprised him, he stuck his arm out into the area he last remembered it disappearing.
[i]I can?t look![/i] (He had his free hand clapped over his green eyes.)
Wiggle, wiggle.
[i]I can?t look![/i] (His little body was shivering.)
Swish, swish.
[i]Oh,[/i] stuff [i]with it, I?m gonna look![/i] Carefully, Impmon pried his fingers from his face, one by one. The arm he stuck out was still there; no matter how many times he wiggled and swished it through the air, it was still as solid as it had been.
?And was there [i]any[/i] doubt?? he said, smug now.
A sound of shy giggling came from the bushes.
?Eh?? Impmon put on his best evil gaze. [i]Who?s got the[/i] nerve [i]to laugh at me?![/i] He jogged toward the sound, clawing his way through the bushes. His red bandana caught on one projecting branch, and he muttered some words he remembered hearing in his previous residence. With a rip, the bandana tore free and the bush rustled. But the giggling continued.
?You see, it?s just?uh??
?It?s cold?out here??
[i]What da??[/i] Impmon peered through the bushes. On the bench in front of him, a young man and woman sat. Both were blushing bashfully. Impmon thought he would soon be puking powerfully.
?That?s it-exactly!?
?And a fire would be nice??
?Uh huh??
More shy giggling. Impmon?s stomach threatened to lurch.
?And a comfy couch??
?Uh huh??
?With me??
?Uh huh??
?A fire?? Impmon grinned, and lit a fireball on his finger. ?Allow me?[i]BABOOM![/i]?
Both humans screamed, their faces contorting in deliciously dreadful grimaces; they almost looked Digi-like. With a wild flapping of arms, the pair bolted, still screaming and grimacing.
?What?? Impmon yelled with pretend innocence. ?So I forgot the couch.? [i]Humans look like Digimon? Teh! They?d freak out if they knew that they didn?t look like their little pampered and painted selves that they made themselves out to be. Oh,[/i] classic!! Impmon nearly made himself sick with laughter.

Impmon had enjoyed his first ?fireworks display for young couples? so much, he decided to have several more unscheduled repeat performances. In the space of an hour, he had managed to chase away six pairs of those idiotic creatures. After that, the park quickly emptied out. Impmon liked it that way-made it easier for him to prowl his area?his kingdom! [i]Hey, yeah, I like that. This park is now my kingdom. And as such, I?d best make sure I know about any subjects I may have.[/i]
He wandered about, becoming familiar with the playground, the entrance to the new tunnel, the fountain, the park shed, the-
?Tasty bread, ha ha ha??
[i]Eh?[/i] Impmon cocked a horned ear. [i]Is that a Digimon?[/i]
There were some scuffling noises, like someone digging, coming from the shed. And the voice again. ?Oops, uh oh, come back here, bread!?
Impmon jogged up to the shed?s gate, stared eagerly into the shed to see what poor fool had been locked away.
?Ah ha!?oh??
[i]Ah geez,[/i] Impmon groaned inwardly, [i]it?s one of ?em Digimon I saw earlier, the one that hangs with those humans![/i] He reached out for the bread and snatched it up. [i]Eh, subjects are subjects?even if they[/i] do [i]have pineapples for heads. Now let?s see about this gift he?s got me.[/i] Impmon chomped down on the bread, a little more eagerly than he?d admit; the impish Rookie hadn?t eaten in a long time and getting food from the human idiots was getting harder and harder (thus the horrid attempt on the plastic apple).
?A little dry, you know,? he commented, spraying bread crumbs. [i]I remember back when I got milk with my bread?fresher ?n this, but tastes like it came from the same place.[/i] Impmon?s stomach gurgled quietly in relief; however, it still wasn?t full. Impmon stuck his hand through the gate?s bars. ?Mm-hmm!? He shook his open hand at the Digimon, who gazed dumbly back at him; out of the corner of his eye, Impmon spied a woven box in the dope?s hands, full of bread. His stomach gurgled again, and Impmon grew irritated, both with his stomach and the Digimon. ?Don?t just stand there, ya big red lump, gimme some more, c?mon!?
The red Digimon complied by handing him another one, this one filled with some sort of meaty paste. Impmon nearly drooled, but kept it hidden as he proceeded to chomp down on this one as well.
?You must really like that bread.?
?What makes you say that?? Impmon asked, his mouth full. He hastily swallowed and extended his arm again. ?More!?
The Digimon handed him a third roll, then whimpered, gazing lovingly at his slowly emptying box. Impmon thought the red doofus was being selfish. ?[i]More![/i]? he hollered.
?Ok?? the dinosaur complied doubtfully. Impmon noisily downed this one like the last three, not caring about the pasty smudges on his cheeks. ?Excuse me, sir??
[i]Sir. Teh heh, that?s funny. No?no, that?s right, yeah, that?s right, call me sir, I deserve that![/i] ?Do you think you can leave a little for me? Takato won?t be back until tomorrow morning.?
[i]Yeeeeesh,[/i] Impmon snarled. [i]He[/i] is [i]a human loving Digimon! Greeeeeeat.[/i] He reached out and snatched a roll for himself. ?Hmph! Do you have any idea how [i]stupid[/i] you sound??
Pineapple Head cocked his spiky head at Impmon in such a way that it showed he had [i]no[/i] idea what Impmon was talking about. Impmon jumped to the top of the gate, debating whether Pineapple Head was worthy of being let out. (He had already abandoned any hope of convincing Renamon. She was obviously a lost cause. Probably wasn?t even a real blonde. Pineapple Head, on the other hand, might just be dense enough?so it was best to try. In any case, he was on Impmon?s territory now, so he had to act as Impmon demanded.)
?You Digipets are all the same, Takato this, Takato that?? He bit into the roll viciously; even if Pineapple Head [i]was[/i] stupid, the humans had no right to lock a fellow Digimon up. ?You?re living in a cage, my lumpish friend! Are you [i]really[/i] happy being locked up like an animal in the petting zoo? Maybe you are, you?re pretty simple.? Impmon spat this statement out. He had already been there and done that-no need for others, no matter [i]how[/i] dense, to suffer the same way.
?Uh huh, ?course I?m happy,? Pineapple Head replied. ?Takato?s my friend and that?s pretty simple.?
Impmon choked on the roll. He clawed frantically at his neck and toppled off the gate, dislodging the roll in the process. Leaping up to retain his suave look, he leaned on the gate. ?What did you say?! Takato?s your [i]friend? Wrong,[/i] buddy boy-friends don?t lock their little red pals up in cages.? He ground his teeth and leapt from the shed to the stone path. [i]Stupid, stupid,[/i] STUPID! [i]Are all the freaking Digimon in this world really[/i] this [i]freaking stupid?! Let him rot in there, then![/i]
?Now look what you?ve done.? Impmon adopted an overly dramatic tone of voice. ?You have made me sick to my stomach. I think I?ll have to go somewhere and puke my guts out.? With that, he stormed off, ignoring Guilmon?s blissful noises of eating the last roll.

The next night, Impmon performed twice as many displays as the previous night, scaring off three times as many people. Some of them seemed to be the same ones-they were so in love-[i]blehh![/i]-that they couldn?t let a little imp scare them off. Impmon didn?t care-a scare was a scare, and he was setting a new record.
The last pair had been especially funny. The female was convinced that Impmon was some trick of the male?s, and whacked the male over the head with her purse. After she had stomped away, the male stared at Impmon, who grinned shark like at him. The male fainted clean away. Rifling through the male?s pockets, Impmon had found some plastic squares-credit cards, if he remembered correctly-some loose change, a comb, a handful of numbers scribbled on several papers, and some gum. Impmon had stolen the gum and the male?s belt. When the male had come to and stood up, his pants promptly fell to his ankles, embarrassing him terribly in front of more females, who responded by whacking him over the head with [i]their[/i] purses. Impmon laughed so hard he accidentally swallowed the gum. He stomach rumbled and he decided it was time to steal Pineapple Head?s dinner again.
?After all,? he reasoned, ?he?s on [i]my[/i] territory. And maybe I?ll make it up to him if he comes out. We could go raid a sushi bar or something.? Chuckling to himself, Impmon wondered how the Digimon in the shed could [i]possibly[/i] be happy stuck there. Once Impmon had escaped, he had become much happier; Pineapple Head would, too.
At least, that was what he kept telling himself.
Scuffle, scuffle, scuffle. ?Box the bread, bury the box.?
[i]All righty, here goes nothing.[/i] Impmon leaned against the gate and whistled sharply.
?Huh? Hey! Did you come back for more bread?? Pineapple Head asked. ?Sorry, but I just buried it.?
?Hoping it?ll grow?? Impmon said snidely.
?Ooo?I never even thought of that??
Impmon gave a grunt of disgust. [i]Oh[/i] Sovereign, [i]somebody get this dimwit a brain![/i] ?I was making fun of you, Pineapple Head, don?t you get it? But how could you? How are you gonna learn [i]anything[/i] locked up in this stupid cage?? Impmon held his hand out invitingly. ?Come with me, my little red disciple, and have some fun.?
?Huh? Me go with you??
[i]Unfortunately, yes.[/i] Impmon was already regretting even [i]thinking[/i] of Pineapple Head as a potential ally. [i]But we all gotta start somewheres?[/i] ?That is, if you?re not afraid of the dark.?
The Digimon began to squirm. It reminded Impmon of someone he once knew doing what was known as the ?Potty Dance?. ?Not afraid, not afraid, not afraid,? the Digimon chortled babyishly.
?Good [i]grief!? All right, that?s it! I?m outta here![/i]
Pineapple Head noticed him leaving right away and answered in his most intelligent manner: ?Huh??
?Chicken!? Impmon taunted out of spitefulness.
?Don?t like chicken. Takato said promise me you?ll stay inside tonight, so I stay.?
?Blehh!? Impmon put his hands on his hips and mimicked Pineapple Head. ??Takato told me to stay inside.?? Impmon had a good mind to beat this Takato kid up, whoever he was-turning an obviously muscular monster like Pineapple Head into a milksop. And a Virus too, on top of that. It was [i]terrible![/i] Viruses were supposed be vicious, blood thirsty demon creatures like himself. ?If Takato told you to set your foot on fire, would you do it? I think not, so why listen to him this time? Hmm??
Pineapple Head stared at him blankly.
[i]Probably waiting for Takato to show up and tell him what to say. Teh, mark this one down as another lost cause.[/i] ?Ah forget it, you?re no fun!?
?Awww?but I?m [i]am[/i] fun, really??
Behind him, Impmon heard the gate swing open and grinned to himself. [i]The first smart thing you?ve done, Pineapple Head.[/i]
?Wait for me!? the red Digimon called.

[b]One Alone[/b]
A State of Hate: Part II (a.k.a., [i]A Question of Trust[/i])

The unusual pair sneaked through the dark park, Impmon leading the way, Pineapple head bent double in an effort not to be seen.
?Are we there yet??
?No?? [i]Geez, you even sound like those brats.[/i]
?Are we there yet??
?NO!?uh, yeah?? Impmon had heard the obvious sound of a happy couple in love. [i]Teh, not for long, if I have anything to say about it, hee hee![/i]
Both Digimon stuck their heads through the bushes, glancing around. Across the paved path, a statue of a muscular man loomed, his face hard, his position much like the famous Thinker statue. A wall of bushes ran about the statue?s base perimeter. Impmon quickly spotted the two lovey dovey humans walking toward the statue and giggled gleefully to himself. This was almost too easy!
?Excuse me, but am I supposed to be having fun yet??
?Just watch and learn?? Impmon was too excited to care how Pineapple Head acted now. [i]A nice little Bada Boom for the two lovebirds there and Pineapple Head will soon be in awe of my power. Just think?two fire types ravaging the general area. I can scare off even more of the humans that way! Then the park really[/i] will [i]be mine![/i] Impmon hid back in the bush again, yanking Pineapple Head back by his tail.
?Hiroko?? the young man whispered.
?Hiroshi?? the young woman replied.
?Hiroko?? the young man sighed lovingly and they fell into each others arms, the statue gazing sternly, proudly, over this happy arrangement.
?Aw, that?s nice,? Pineapple Head commented.
[i]Teh heh, nice nothing.[/i] Impmon snapped his finger and a fireball popped up. He bounced it up toward the two embracing humans, motioning it to move in a circle about them. It took them about a moment to notice the fireball ([i]Stupid humans, can?t even see a fireball if it hit them in the face[/i]); Impmon waited for them to, then?at just the right moment, as their eyes followed the fire?
[i]?BLAAHHH!!!?[/i] He popped out of the bushes under the statue, making all manners of hideous faces. Both humans instantly turned white and screamed; in a moment they had turned tail, yelling something about aliens.
Impmon jumped out to watch them flee, then fell into gales of laugher. ?Did you see their faces? Oh, that was absolutely [i]priceless![/i]? [i]Back home, Digimon don?t scare nearly this easy! A few more nights of this and the park is[/i] mine!
?Huh?? Pineapple Head was staring at the retreating couple, his ear wings a little low. Impmon didn?t notice.
?Oh, Hiroki, Oroko,? Impmon mimicked, adding kissing noises for comedic effect. He promptly burst into more laughter. [i]This is more amusing than those lousy soap thingies on the television![/i]
Still laughing, Impmon debated what name he should call himself, now that he was becoming the terror of the park. He was caught between the Jocular Jaki and Oushou Sono when he heard:
?Is that it?? Rustle, rustle, [i]thump.[/i] ?I don?t get it, I?m going home.?
?Hmm?? Impmon turned just in time to see the tail end of Pineapple Head wiggling goodbye at him, and his little heart tripped. Nothing deflates a bully more than having no one to show off to.
?Hey!? he yelled at the red figure. ?Where you going? I?m just getting warmed up!? But Pineapple Head wouldn?t stop. He just kept going.
[i]Just like Renamon?[/i] Impmon lowered his head. [i]Are[/i] all [i]the freaking Digimon in this world this freaking stupid??[/i] he asked himself sadly. [i]Then?then what fun is there in this world?[/i] He snapped his finger and a fireball appeared, lighting his face up, but failing to cheer him up. He scowled, looked around for some helpless target, and spotted the statue staring at him.
?Huh? Whadda [i]you[/i] think you?re looking at, huh? Bada Boom!? He hurled the fireball at the statue?s face (leaving a somewhat satisfying smudge on its forehead?[i]teh, let them figure[/i] that [i]one out. I won?t get blamed for it[/i] this [i]time.[/i]) and stomped off.

Impmon wandered through the park, his arms crossed, his tail lashing furiously, his face furrowed in disappointment. [i]Renamon?s out, Pineapple Head?s out, and I can go ahead and count that stupid stuffed bunny out if the other two are any clue. But who does that leave, then? Every time somebody cool shows up, those human lovers appear and stomp all over them. What?s the point to taking over the park if I ain?t got no one?s to share it with?
Humans.[/i] Impmon mentally cringed at the word. [i]Nothing good about them. At least Digimon?well,[/i] most [i]of them--have dignity. A lot more than humans do. Humans are just so stupid! They squabble over the littlest things, they have the worst solutions to everything, and they never keep their promises. I know[/i] Numemon [i]with better sense than that![/i] Impmon turned to the right, and watched with indifference as a few humans shrieked at the sight of him and ran off (well, the big ones, anyway; the little one with them had stared and gurgled happily, pointed at Impmon, until he was jerked away by his parents). Impmon kicked at an empty soda can, watching dully as it flew up, flashed brightly for a moment in the park lights, then crashed to the cemented ground with a metallic clink. Impmon shrugged and turned to the right again.
?Eh, humans are beginning to bore me, always so predictable, so pathetically?oh??
In the glow of the park lights, a foggy cloud settled over a wide square of pavement. A large dark form began to take shape inside, and Impmon suddenly regained his impish nature.
?That?s more like it?somebody?s bio-emerging, [i]baboom![/i]? Impmon dashed across the pavement, stared about for a high perch, then clamored up a nearby cement structure, rather like a gazebo. [i]Ain?t no way I?m gonna let this one get kicked around by those human loving digibutts! I?m getting to him first! With him on my side, they?ll start paying a little more attention to Impmon![/i]
With a grunt, Impmon pulled himself onto the roof of the cement structure and stared into the field. The fog reflected the lights brightly, but he could still make out the long, triple forked tail, the four leathery wings, and the four red eyes, gleaming dully because the creature was still groggy from his journey.
[i]Ooo, a Devidramon![/i] Impmon nearly hugged himself with glee. A demonic Virus like himself. Impmon was already planning out how Devidramon would figure into his plans, not stopping to think about the obvious stuff, like how he was a Rookie versus Devidramon being a Champion. The chances of Devidramon taking any notice of him was slim, but Impmon took the initiative, putting on his best tough guy act. [i]Impress him with my skills and it?ll all be smooth sailing from there, buddy boy.[/i]
?Hey, you there, four eyes! Whatcha doing, huh??
The Devidramon moved stiffly, getting the feel for his surroundings. For a fleeting moment, Impmon was afraid that Devidramon would be a pushover like the human lovers, no fun at all. [i]So what we gotta do,[/i] he told himself,[i] is see just how destructive he can be?on the humans, of course. And what better way than with a rude awakening?[/i]
?Aw, I?m sowwy, widdle Babydramon can?t get out of the mean old digital field??
Devidramon glared at him, his rage clearly building; yet he remained still.
[i]Heck, why let him out? This is fun![/i] Impmon leered at Devidramon, delighting in his ability to torment the Digimon without getting hurt himself. The Rookie nearly danced in front of the trapped Champion, showing off his freedom.
?Ha ha! Guess you?re not so tough now, huh? Ha ha! What do you say to that? Not a thing!? He blew a raspberry at the infuriated Devidramon, then laughed.
The Devidramon opened his eyes wide to examine his tormentor, then let loose with a horrible scream of a roar, an audible promise to rip Impmon to pieces when he broke free.
?Ooo, I?m so scared,? Impmon teased; he stuck his gloved fingers in his ears and wiggled them at Devidramon. ?Don?t wake me. Big Babydramon gonna take Impmon?s head off? That?s so [i]sweet[/i].? Impmon danced on the cement gazebo some more and ran a finger down the surface of the digital field. Still dancing confidently and laughing his head off, he failed to notice how the fog melted beneath his finger.
?Nanny nanny boo boo, Babydramon doo doo. Who?s the man?I am! [i]Whoo yah[/i], ha ha ha!?
He paused as the first puff of rancid breath floated from Devidramon?s mouth. The dark dragon stuck his head through the ever widening tear in the digital field, eyeing the bite sized Rookie. Impmon instantly panicked.
?Aw, c?mon, I didn?t[i] mean[/i] it, I was laughing with ya!?
Devidramon slammed his bloody claws against Impmon?s pedestal, and the Rookie toppled backwards, falling into the bushes below. The dragon glanced about with his four eyes but, failing to spot the offender, turned his mind to other business. He knew it was only a matter of time before someone spotted him. He had to act fast?take down the city?s champions and proclaim himself as the new leader. Satisfied with this plan, Devidramon bellowed and took flight.
?Uh oh?uh?this is what?s called a tactical error.? Although he had not meant for the Digimon to get loose just yet, Impmon quickly (and with great relief) tossed the idea of Devidramon being an ally into the garbage. Anyone who wants your head is generally not someone you wanted to have behind you.
?But still,? Impmon mused, ?it might be fun to see what he does.? [i]Pointers for later?[/i] He climbed out of the bushes, brushed off the few clinging leaves, then chased after the flying demon.

Impmon had to pause for a moment to figure out where he was. He climbed to the top of a sign post, then stared about him, wondering where something as big and noticeable as Devidramon could have gotten to.
The dragon in question flew past him, knocking Impmon back in the draft that followed. The Rookie clung to the sign post, wondering if the Champion had seen him, but apparently, he had not. Devidramon was more interested in something on the bridge a few blocks away. Impmon stayed put. [i]I may be devilishly handsome, but that doesn?t mean I?m stupid.[/i]
?GUILMON!?
[i]Who the heck?s Guilmon? [/i]
Devidramon slapped something red around, then socked it against a wall with his forked tail. Impmon peered closer at the red object and?
?Why, it?s Pineapple Head!? he chortled gleefully. ?Playing with my new friend, are you??
Devidramon threw Guilmon down and began to pound on him with his muscled hands.
?A left and a right, and a fight fight fight! Now [i]that?s[/i] entertainment, lookit him go!? Impmon cheered. ?Ol? Pineapple Head?s getting sliced, diced, minced, and?whoa oh!? In his bouncing exuberance, Impmon had accidentally fell off the signpost; he scrabbled to grip it, holding on so tight his purple knuckles were turning white under his gloves. ?Little less enthusiasm, ol? boy,? he chided himself. ?Less on the ?boom?, more on the ?ba!?? Struggling, he pulled himself atop the signpost again, and watching as Devidramon tail slammed Guilmon against the wall again.
?Serves you right for walking out on me!? Impmon hollered at the limp form of Guilmon, a mere dot beneath Devidramon?s tail. ?I?ve outdone myself with this one, ha ha! This is much more fun than scaring humans.? [i]Why do the work by myself in a measly small place like the park when I can get big stupid brutes like widdle Babydramon over there to terrorize the whole city for me! And the whole city[/i], he grinned to himself, [i]includes those pukey Digislaves like Pineapple Head there.[/i]
?Left, right!? he cheered some more, watching the fight intently. ?C?mon, c?mon, don?t let him get up! You?ll regret you ever messed with me!?
Something giggled behind him, some leaves rustled. Impmon whirled around fast enough to see branches shaking, as if someone had just jumped off them; out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw some cream and green?
?Huh? I?m seeing things?? He sniffled and wiped his nose in a grubby, let?s-not-bother-with-this-now manner. ?It?s either that or a dog eared bunny rabbit just flew by, sheesh!?
The matter was soon dropped, as Impmon leaned in to watch Devidramon go for the kill. For a few moments, the dragon toyed with Guilmon, squeezed the breath out of him against the unyielding bricks. The imp heard some indistinguishable yells, and then a bright light overtook Guilmon. Shielding his eyes, Impmon peered forward, wondering what was happening and not liking it one bit. In a mess of flashing reds and yellows, he watched as Guilmon reached out, growing bigger, sharper; Guilmon?s claws and teeth clearly showed as horns protruded from his head, a shock of white hair traveling down his back.
?Guilmon, digivolve to?Growlmon!?
[i]Ah geez[/i], Impmon moaned, [i]another biggified Digislave, that?s all I need.[/i]
?But you should be more than enough to handle him!? Impmon suddenly screamed at Devidramon. [i]He[/i] has [i]to be. Else what will I do? The freaking human lovers?ll take over the place![/i]
The two enormous Champions matched blow for blow, neither giving quarter. After a few minutes of struggle, Devidramon gripped Growlmon and flew high into the air above the city. Growlmon snarled, trying to fight back, when Devidramon dropped him. Growlmon slammed into the bridge like a red bomb, a cloud of dust shooting up and raining down on the immediate area. Devidramon hovered for a moment, then angled himself downward, diving toward the motionless Growlmon.
?Go go go!? Impmon cheered, curling his tail near the post to make sure he didn?t fall again.
Growlmon suddenly lurched up from the crater he was resting in, and tilted his head to look Devidramon in the eye. Then, with an ominous motion, he opened his fanged mouth, spewing forth white hot fire; Devidramon never had a chance.
Impmon watched with a look of disbelief as Growlmon absorbed what remained of Devidramon. He hurtled off his high perch as Growlmon roared his triumph to the skies. [i]No need for Pineapple Head to see me when he?s like this. Might, uh, might accidentally step on me or something.[/i] (Impmon was, once again, terrified of what a Digipet had become.)
In the bushes, Impmon cast one last glance at the evil, fighting machine that was Growlmon. [i]Just one blast, huh, Pineapple Head? Never knew you had it in ya. I wonder?I wonder?could I be able to do that?[/i]
At the time, Impmon was thinking that way in order to find the easiest way to establish his supposed dominance over this world. Regardless, it was a good question. One that should have sent him back to his past. Instead, it propelled Impmon into the future. A future that would change him forever.

You are a very talented writer...heres something I wrote about the fights that the dds had to face...

The hope is lost
the darkness dawns
Evil reins
the light is gone
Miracle magic
faintest dreams
Drowned in darkness
never seen
Why to try
the battle lost
Black and cold
the losers cost