OtakuBoards

Who's Everyones Fave Rapper (if you like rap)

Shinobi

[color=crimson][size=1]Reading some of these posts made my heart skip a beat. Not all rock is screaming at all....take the Smashing Pumpkins...how often does Billy Corgan scream? *sighs* I don't know why this thread has upset me so much. Everybody has to go and trash everyone else just because they get their toes stepped on a little. It's just like in school. If you aren't like someone, they have to pick on you and make fun of you instead of excepting you for who you are. Some of you are really close minded idiots around here. I wish I could slap you ALL....[/color][/size]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we all just get back into disscusing our favorite rappers, shall we?

Ahem anyways, my favorite rappers are:

Tupac (2pac)- One of the bestest rapper ever lived, a legend.

Ice Cube- I consider him to be one of the top best rapper, and as TN mentioned his movies are plain out hilarious.

DMX- Well I loved his first three cd's, but as of now his songs aren't as good as it was before.

Lil' Zane- He's pretty cool to listen to, and got that nice voice that just flows with his songs.

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Everytime someone posts a music thread, people always start arguing. Why argue?? IT'S ONLY MUSIC! Good god. And I thought favorite topics were not allowed....[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]Everytime someone posts a music thread, people always start arguing. Why argue?? IT'S ONLY MUSIC! Good god. And I thought favorite topics were not allowed....[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

They aren't, but sense this topic is more on the issue of the debate... it sall remain open... for now... it'll probably be closed within the next day depending on how it goes...

Goku213, as for the comment reagrding the "half decent music in America"... I'd have to disagree... I for one, prefer Dance music... and wish America would play more, but like I said in one of the threads I made a while back, America is far behind the rest of the world when it comes to music... we haven't had our "Dance Revolution" so to speek, yet... It's just personal opinion, that Ilike Dance msic over the crap thats put out here...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]You People Are Calling Slipknot **** cause you are rock lovers... Slipknot is Metal. Not Rock. So stop dissing the band when you dont even listen to the proper Genre of Music to have a right to say the bands name.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I love metal. I call them **** because that's what their music reminds me of.

And I think rap is more a form of poetry, although a generally more vulgar form (and far less complex). It's not really singing at all, at least I don't think so.

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Rap is people getting paid to make attempts at "yelling" bad poetry with bad words in it. How come most cd's with the little "parental advisory" sticker always sells? people swear so the kids think they are cool in buying it. if they didn't swear, talk about drugs, sex, violence, and made actual music, i might have nothing wrong with rap.[/b][/color]

^^ that ^^ is the view my mum has. She thinks rap is so big because of the swearing in it. To me, it isn't about the swearing. Let's take LL Cool J's debut album for example. No swearing. It went platinum. He's done others where there is no swearing, they've gone platinum. It's just that most rappers include swear words in their music that that is what rap is seen as. I see no problem with swear words in rap, if the artist swears in real life, then why not put them in their music? Making sure they don't just to be "politically correct" or whatever would be fake.

Anyway, rap music, when you listen to the lyrics, isn't just "a load of crap" like what a lot of anti-rap people think. A lot of tracks are just stupid, but if you listen to a lot of the deep tracks that artists make, check the imagery they use, the deepness oozing from it, you can feel what they feel, the metaphors, multi-syllable rhyming, the way one thing links with another in the rhyme, it's complex (but like someone said here, not as complex as real poetry).

But anyway, like someone else said here, it's music. People are gonna be fans of one thing, people are gonna hate one thing, it's the same with everything:box:

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku213 [/i]
[B]oozing[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]That's one thing I never want any kind of music to do. lol.[/b][/color]

Why are u guys dissing rap if u dont like rap just don't post it might not be music to u but to us rap fans it is music and some of us might not concider hard metal and s*it like that music because they yell and u cant even understand what there saying.I listen to alternative too so im not only into rap but it just bothers me the way u guys are dissing rap in a fav rapper topic if u dont like rap why even bother coming into tha thread????
Well... my fav rappers are 2pac,eminem,method man and redman and i hate rappers who rap about money and flawcing jewls like cashmony records i hate them!!!!Im into tha real mc rock tha mic type rap not that type of buu sh*t!!!!:D

SSJ Gotenks is right... If you don't like Rap, don't post in this thread...

I myself don't mind rap... I guess I like some of the older stuff, I'm not too keen on the newer stuff coming out recently..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]You all are too greedy with your genres[/B][/QUOTE]

What do you mean by that man I mean I listen to all types of music I like Rap, Rock,Classical, Soul, Funk ,Jazz, and R & B. I do not just listen to one Genre of music I listen to several I spread it out cause if I only listen to one it gets a little repetative I have to turn on something else cause they all express my different emotions.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]You People Are Calling Slipknot **** cause you are rock lovers... Slipknot is Metal. Not Rock. So stop dissing the band when you dont even listen to the proper Genre of Music to have a right to say the bands name.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Quite true... *resists cursing out people from dissing SK because Neh accepts the fact that people have their own views on life... Except Forte...:P*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]Rap is people getting paid to make attempts at "yelling" bad poetry with bad words in it. How come most cd's with the little "parental advisory" sticker always sells? people swear so the kids think they are cool in buying it. if they didn't swear, talk about drugs, sex, violence, and made actual music, i might have nothing wrong with rap.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

So you don't like people singing about what really happens in the world?

In any case, LL Cool J is my favorite rapper... Well, second favorite. 2Pac will always remain the best. So yeah, 2Pac, and then LL Cool J. And if you don't like rap, then don't friggin look in a topic ABOUT rap. End of story. Problem solved.

My favourite is Vannila Ice. He's still cool isn't he? lol

Some of the rappers you guys are mentioning i've never heard of because we don't get much of them here in Australia. However i do like Puff Daddy, Usher, Outkast's Ms. Jackson, and a bit of Eminem. Although i'm sure if Usher is really rap. Also, i like the "Blue Streak" soundtrack which has some Heavy D, Tyrese, Jay-Z, and JA Rule on it.
For those of you into rap, a must see movie is "CB4".

As for the guy who is saying rap is not music. He said he admitted it was singing. Operah can be just signing, and that's been considered music for centuries.

Also, for those of you who want a really cool song, especially for those who like dance, you should check out the song "Before you leave (twisted)" by Pepe Deluxe. This is one of the coolest songs i've heard in ages, so check it OUT!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]...retards attempting poetry...: [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
I have never heard anything more true in my life.
Yes I agree, [I]rapping[/I] requires no talent what so ever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Vegeta [/i]
[B]
Yes I agree, [I]rapping[/I] requires no talent what so ever. [/B][/QUOTE]

I would really like to hear u try to rap!!! Go up to a bunch of people who are having a freestyle seccion and see if u can do that you'll probably see what im talking about. It's ovious that u dont know anything about rap music seeing that your saying that it doesn't require any talent your very wrong my friend. I bet on your life that you wouldnt be able to do one verse without being boooed if it doens't require talent than enyone should be able to do it and iv'e heard alot of people try to rap and they sounded like sh*t!!!!! So before you talk about rapping doesn't require talent really study it everything about it and then come back and post!!
:D :therock:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]So before you talk about rapping doesn't require talent really study it everything about it and then come back and post!![/B][/QUOTE]

OR, you could go really study English grammar and spelling, everything about it, and then come back and post.

rap is bad music. but a lot of it is really really funny. i guess the only rapper i like is SPM.. if you listen to most of their songs, it'll have you rolling on the floor!

i have to agree with TN that the genres in Japan are more defined. Dir en Grey is a rock band. no doubt about it. one of my favs too. So is Malice Mizer. Puffy, and some boy band.. definately pop!

in America.. there are so many different types of every kind of music. rock prolly has the most. Metal is a genre of rock and has different kinds its self. hardcore, nu, black, death, goth, and industial.

most rap is pretty good though. if you listen to a lot of the names people dont know about..

hip-hop and rap are different. Nelly, OutKast, Ludacris is hip-hop. rap is like Bounty Killer and.. other.. people but Bounty Killer is the only guy i can name.. and his voice! *melts* deep deep baritone.

so think about the people of rap, or hip-hop your dissing before you diss them. cuz their's a difference.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nekkyo [/i]
[B]
i have to agree with TN that the genres in Japan are more defined. Dir en Grey is a rock band. no doubt about it. one of my favs too. So is Malice Mizer. Puffy, and some boy band.. definately pop!

in America.. there are so many different types of every kind of music. rock prolly has the most. Metal is a genre of rock and has different kinds its self. hardcore, nu, black, death, goth, and industial.
[/B][/QUOTE]

First of all, Malice Mizer isn't really a rock band. The majority of their songs aren't rock at all, only "Beast of Blood", their stuff from "memoire", and a few songs in-between. That comprises far less than half of their repertoire.

Second of all, Japan has all those genres - black metal (I believe this might be what Mana pursues with his new band Moi Dix Mois), death metal, speed metal etc,

The difference here is that foreign Japanese music fans just don't care about classifications or whatnot as much as Americans do. And a lot of the time, bands actually go outside the boundaries of their general genre [i]gasp[/i], which makes it much harder to confine them into anything less general than say 'rock' or 'pop'.

but if you listen to dir en grey or x japan (is that even around anymore?), its different from puffy and the one boy band who's name i cant rememer

malice mizer does have a few rockish songs. most of them are intrumental like Gekko no Ya-something and Bois de Mervielles summat like that. Beast of Blood, Color me Blood Red, Illuminati has a rockish feel to it, its classified as J-rock. and quite a few fans call it a rock band

mana used to play in a punk band so thats prolly why his new band has a different sound from malice mizer.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nekkyo [/i]
[B]but if you listen to dir en grey or x japan (is that even around anymore?), its different from puffy and the one boy band who's name i cant rememer[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I'm not denying that. I'm just saying foreign Japanese music fans aren't half as worried about the genres their favorite bands fit in as American music fans.

As for Malice Mizer... yeah, COLOR ME BLOOD RED and such have a rock feel to them. But those rock songs are a minority in their music.

They're usually misclassified as a J-rock band just because they're visual... it's an easy mistake to make because really, j-rock is mostly represented through visual bands in America. Really though, visual kei is just a small portion of Japanese rock and I think this needs to become more clear to foreign fans...

the japanese are smart that way then. i just started listening to japanese music in janurary so i havent been too worried on the different genres. but malice mizer and puffy are completely different. so its kinda hard to place malice mizer into any genre. i would still say to place them into j-rock. those few songs is what placed there in the first place. aside of the visual part of the band.

Guest Fly-T
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Vegeta [/i]
[B]
Yes I agree, [I]rapping[/I] requires no talent what so ever. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well then consider me a talentless listener, rap isnt talentless it depends the topic you point at and rap does take talent freestyling takes talent and SSJ Gotenks couldnt've said it better
Oh and SSj we never battled You go first

Son Goten the kids dont buy to be cool they buy it because their them if yall gon sit here and riticule w/e that word is and talk about rap than i minus well go on and rip on rock im sure you wont mind...and QA if you think rap is retards just bad at poetry then im gonna rewire sme of those brain cells
Most rappers dont care about the money like Nas
at the end of his song One Mic he says ***k cars, cash jewlery all i need is one mic at least rappers stay relevant to the song rockers could have a song called what a day and they're singing YOur Blood is my Fluid Ahh yahhhh Kill your motherrrrr Take a Firearm Blalalahahahahahhh"
and you anti rappers barging in here is like the KKK walking into an all black neighborhood
anyways my fav. rappers are
Nas, Ludacris, MnM, Big Tymers, Cam'Ron, Snoop D., P diddy, Notorious B.I.G. R.I.P. yo, Petey Pablo , ill think of some more

not all rock songs are like that. most of them are from experiences in the artist's life. some artist's have songs about their childrem, wives/girlfriends, overcoming something awfully difficult. a few songs, like most of disturbed's are about incredibly odd things. SoaD actually has some good songs. the names of which i cant remember because i never knew them in the first place. cept for the ones i downloaded. metal rock has most of the screaming and yelling and yadda yadda. the older rock, doesnt. Old Ozzy, Metallica, Kiss, AC/DC, anges young just had a wierd voice, Led Zepplin, Def Leppard didnt yell at all. the new stuff like slipknot and kittie appeal to the crowd because they have a cool sound (thats just my opinion)

as for rap needing no talent.. its true. i hate rap, but a friends of mine we're having a retarted free-style at 5 am and i won O.O. most of my friends listened to rap and they told me that i was fairly good.

rap is fairly monotone. they just use the same tone of voice throughout the song. in other types of music, voices are used to creat a harmonious sound. yes, even metal. Mudvayne shows this quite well in Death Blooms. So rock isnt all yelling and screaming, and rap.. really needs no talent.