Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
For anyone who's interested in football (Soccer for the Yanks), who will win the World Cup?

Senegal seem to have started surprisingly well, beating the champions France. I thought this was kind of surprising, as Senegal were newcomers...

I can't wait to watch the matches during the half-term.

Ahh, there's nothing like a whole week of good football.

I personally think Argentina are going to win, but I'm no expert at football, so...

Anyway, happy viewing!

Edit: I'm voting for Croatia, however! Go Croatia!!!
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Ahhhhhhhhhhh....they just had luck beating France. So NO they are not going to win....Its either gonna be BRAZIL or ITALY or SPAIN!!!! But thats just my opinion.
Guest Saiyangohan2002
Posted
I have just watched a news article about Senegal beating france. Way to go Senegal! i have a question about it though

Does this mean france have been knocked out of the cup? or are they still in it?

Senegal, if they try really hard, could take the cup, but i'm picking Brazil to win it this year.
Guest Padme Amidala
Posted
GO BRASIL!!!!! I hope Brasil wins...Brazil for you other ppl....they are good....I'm confident that they're taking home the cup...
Posted
OH.MY.GOD. :wow: SENEGAL BEAT FRANCE?!?!?! :eek: As Sacred Warrior said, SENEGAL JUST GOT LUCKY! There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they could have beaten France! None! Oh God help me. What is this world coming to???? And a while ago(I can't remember what year) Zinadine(sp?) Zidane was named player of the year! That must have been a while ago then. lol.

How's Brazil doing? Have they played yet? I htink they have a good shot at winning. I mean, they have won it for.. uh.. how many years(geeze. I suck with soccer. and yep, I A YANK!)?

Well, it seems like I need to catch up on my soccer. Hm..... i guess I'll have to watch the next game. *toddles off to pick up the TV guide*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyangohan2002 [/i]
[B]ISenegal, if they try really hard, could take the cup, [/B][/QUOTE]lmao, nice joke :)[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Padme Amidala [/i]
[B]Brazil for you other ppl[/B][/QUOTE]lmfao

& also lol @ the word "soccer"



anyway, i don't think Brazil will win it this time round. Why? Because they had so much trouble qualifying. They're not on form. Argentina, Spain, Italy, those are the 3 most likely IMO. Brazil could make the semis, and there's always one no-no team that seems to make the semis as well. Bulgaria in 94, Croatia in 98
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
Germany won 8 nil yesterday.....odds on senegal to win world cup were 150 - 1 last week, and Englands winning right now 1 nil to Sweden :D
anyway Argentina will win........
(i dont even really care bout world cup but i am a gambler :D)
Posted
senegal were lucky!!!]

if you looked!! france were murdering the posession!!!! but i want englad to win it,!! but personally i think argentina will take it!!!!

but they say, Italy have taken the best squad to the world cup!!! but always and always Italy flopp in the end!!!!
Posted
Brazil barely beat Turkey. They were lucky. Italy beat Equador easily. Argentina beat Nigeria. Spain easily beat Slovenia. I recokon Germany or Italy will win.
Posted
Go Korea!!! ^_^' my home team!
although... the game they won against poland was their first win..... They have to go against portugal (very tough)
and the usa (they are expecting to beat)
*starts running*
agh!!! it's just what I heard!!!
If not korea ^_^' I think partugal or brazil has a HUGE chance!
Posted
Nah, Portugal lost to the USA *GASP* today, but man, if only that guy in defence could have scored in the right goal...

Really, France and Argentina and maybe Brazil will win it.

But 8-0...

That's a huge defeat...
Posted
Did anyone watch Germany and Ireland. Ireland was lucky...Germany led by 1....it was 2-1 I think then in Overtime Ireland got lucky and scored a goal to tie the game. W00t w00t go Ireland....KICK GERMANY OUT!!!!!
Posted
i just want to blow my big gas guzzling capitalist democratic american horn. we beat portugal and most americans just go ha, because it only mattered to the people who play the game.
we're happy for our boys that won. but we're even happy to smite europeans.
jk, but it is cool.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]i just want to blow my big gas guzzling capitalist democratic american horn. we beat portugal and most americans just go ha, because it only mattered to the people who play the game.
we're happy for our boys that won. but we're even happy to smite europeans.
jk, but it is cool. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard it was only a "Minor" news bulletin...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Errr, well since their broadcasting it live here, and I've watched a few matches (keyword there: few), from what I've seen, I'm barraking for Spain. o.O They look pretty good...
Posted
I think it's anyone's game now. I don't have any personal opinions on who is going to win or what my favorite team is. Let the best man or team win!
Posted
8-0!? I LOVE YOU GERMANY!!!! i was born there XD. but for the people who are voting for Italy, Korea beat them today 2-1. so i'm going for Germany or Korea. Although, Germany is going againts U.S.A on Friday at 6 AM (i have to watch it on a spanish channel) and i hope Germany beats our tail. anywho.. i want Germany or Korea. Japan is already out. they lost to (edit)Turkey
*fizzle* oh well *waves her German flag*
Guest ProudClod
Posted
Sacred Warrior, how dare you, lol, Germany rule!!! Theyre my first team!! Im with you Nekkyo, 8-0 against Saudi Arabia...if it were Iraq then it would be whole new story!!

My second team is South Korea, or Japan, but theyre out soooo...yeah...South Korea...Im sure Sephiroth would agree..
Posted
Ahhhhh South Korea Smouth Korea. They also got lucky against Italia...hehehhehe...But IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am about 90 precent sure that Brazil is going to win the World Cup. But Gremany-USA. Hehehehehe Im not telling who I want to win there :devil: .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...