OtakuBoards

Virus Alert

Guest Matt

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I got an e-mail today that contained a virus. My Norton 2002 detected it before it was opened so I just deleted it. The message subject was Color. So if you get any e-mail with the subject "Color", delete it. Just thought you all should know.[/b][/color]

Thanks for the heads-up, but I figured out the hard way. My sister got the same email and she opened it. Our virus scanner isn't very good and didn't detect it. It's not too big though, it only took a day to fix it. (My dad's a whiz with computers...)

I wonder what the virus may contain. All I know is that I just got back from vacation and I had about 400 emails. I deleted them all. Mostly advertising. If I did have it then my norton anti virus would have caught it. I probaly deleted it if it didn't.

Guest Shift
[size=1]Hmmm, I got the same e-mail and my Norton got it too!

lol, Mesa love my Norton anti-virus! *hus Norton*

-Herman[/size]

Guest Voodookanaka
ROFLMAO, I get at least one a day lol, Adam sez he gets loads too, i cant believe u think getting '1' virus sent to u is a big deal.

[B]If you want a virus detector thats better than Norton and free go to [url]http://www.grisoft.com[/url] and download AVG anti virus system, it can update itself (provided you are on the internet) and it is free. It also checks all incoming/outgoing e-mails for you.[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]If I don't recognize the email address I just delete it. Heh heh, I'm my own Anti-Virus system. :p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]
Lol, same here, and I get very few important e-mails, but tons of junk every day, so I just delete everything after looking at it.
[/color]

thanks for the info. .after recently, almost losing the computer, this comes as very useful. .

damn PWS Hooker virus. .attacked microsoft office. .lost word an all just when assignments came into play O_O

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]If you want a virus detector thats better than Norton and free go to [url]http://www.grisoft.com[/url] and download AVG anti virus system, it can update itself (provided you are on the internet) and it is free. It also checks all incoming/outgoing e-mails for you.[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Norton does all that does and you can get Norton for free too. So what makes that better? Norton auto-updates, checked incoming/outgoing messages, etc.

Well, this is my first virus in my e-mail, so I kinda wanted to tell people. [/b][/color]

Guest Raven131
I don't even bother to look at any of my junkmail, I just delete everything in my junk folder. Cuz I get like 100 a day. So I guess I don't have to worry, but thanx for the warning anyway

I have only gotten one virus before. It was nothign bad and I fixed it in less then 5 minutes. Its suprising too since I am real bad about opeing those wierd emails with attachments that you dont know who they are from...