OtakuBoards

FF VII: Children Of Mako ((PLAY))

Corey

[i]Boy, was I having a good time... Nobody I asked was going on the mission. I guess I'll have to wait for the next mission...

Any way, while I was walking, some moron bumped into me. He said, "Watch where you're goin'!" and then drew his sword. Too bad for him, he didn't know WHO I was. Before he could react, my katana was at his throat and his sword was in my hand. We stayed like that until some one came over to break it up...[/i]

OOC:Some one [b]PLEASE[/b] work with me on this one!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Vukodlak was distracted by from his three way argument with Kabuki and Ryan by yet another altercation. Walking up behind one of the combatants, the one holding the two swords, he picked up his left leg, ducking under and spinning, sweeping the man's second leg out from under him, and spinning him. The result of which being that the hot-head came down hard on his back, with Vukodlak's scimitars striking out to the wrists, knocking both weapons away. The other combatant throws him a grateful glance before retrieving his sword and leaving.[/I]

Vukodlak: There are easy ways to do things you know.

[I]Enraged, the man leapt to his feet, striking at Vukodlak's head with his katana. Vukodlak used the curve of his blade to loop around his, the point of his sword hooking into the katana's guard. A twist and a wrench disarmed him.[/I]

Vukodlak: Don't fight when you're angry. Gets you killed. I assume you'll want to finish this, but I don't have time right now. So I'll have to drag you along. If nothing else, you'll get Kabuki talking to someone else. Coming?

[I]With a last inquiring glance, Vukodlak sheathes his scimitars and walks back over to where Kabuki and Ryan are still arguing.[/I]

Vukodlak: Where the hell is Pheobe? We really should get out of here now.[/font][/color]

Just then Phoebe turns a corner tucking something into a shoulder compartment and looking at the small group.

Phoebe: Sorry about the hold up, I needed a charge.

Vukodlak: Couldn't have you done that earlier.

Phoebe: Christ, I said I'm sorry, what do you want? An apology written in blood?

Vukodlak: I wouldn't argue against it.

Phoebe: Couldn't if I wanted to.. I have no blood to sign with. Enough idle banter, let us be off.

Phoebe turned examining each person in turn with those to thick eyes and raised an eyebrow. There was one more person there.

Phoebe: Who are you?

Darken: I'm the Great Darken, ever heard of me?

A confidant grin covers his face as he speaks and Phoebe rolls her eyes.

Phoebe: I'm assuming your a late addition to the mission?

Darken: That's right!

Phoebe: What team are you in?

Darken: Uhhhh, Two?

Phoebe shoots a glance at Vukodlak who narrows his eyes at her. She returns with a smile and rests her gaze back upon Darken.

Phoebe: Alright then, your with Vukodlak and Kabuki... Vukodlak, I trust you will brief him.

With that Pheobe and Ryan made there exit down one of the ropeways.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Darken: So, what are we doing?

Vukodlak: Simple. When Team One realises that the one's we are after need help, we run in and get to create a lot of carnage. They gave us some grenades for that purpose.

Darken: Anywhere I can get some?

[I]Vukodlak gives him his.[/I]

Vukodlak: I prefer to do things by hand. By knife is neccessary. Time to leave.

[I]They follow Ryan and Pheobe to the ropeway, Vukodlak looking less than pleased at this most likely annoying addition to an already annoying team, which is part of an already annoying mission, to an annoying place.[/font][/color][/I]

[i]Back up? We're the BACK UP?! Oh well, I'm going on the mission any way...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]People here are stronger than I thought... I'll have to keep my guard up.....

[i]I hadn't seen people with this kind of skill for awhile. What makes it worst is the fact Resistence members where dropping like flies...[/i]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Vukodlak: Either that or try being a little less antagonising.

Darken: What?

Vukodlak: I heard you, and you know it. Now, we are leaving, and I do not care what anyone else says about the matter.

Kabuki: Uh, we're meant to leave now.

Vukodlak: I'll admit that makes it a little less fun.

[I]They board the tram, settling down for a hopefully uneventful trip. Unfortunately, it was uneventful. Getting off at the collection of hovels generally known as North Corel, Vukodlak wastes no time in leaving the mess, wanting to be off as soon as possible.[/I][/font][/color]

Phoebie and I walked out of North Corel to find two Land Rovers. One was marked Team One and the other Team Two. I motioned toward the first one.

Ryan- I guess we get that one.

Phoebie- I guess so.

The walked onto the Rover and it stated up. It lurched over the landscape on autopilot and headed toward Cosmo Canyon.

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Vukodlak enters the second vehicle, closely followed by the other two. To forestall any arguments, he immediately starts it up and leaves.[/I]

Vukodlak: We've got a bit of time on our hands you know. How about a little circle work on the way to Cosmo Canyon?

Kabuki: I wouldn't have expected to hear that from you?

Vukodlak: Neither would I. That's why I didn't say it.

Kabuki: Yes you did.

Vukodlak: I know, but I'm going to pretend I don't.

[I]In his argument, Vukodlak failed to realise that the vehicle was on autopilot, and moving. After Darken had rather smugly alerted him to that fact, Vukodlak sighed and started ripping the dashboard up.[/I]

Kabuki: What are you doing?

[I]Vukodlak says nothing, but eventually manages to hotwire the vehicle.[/I]

Vukodlak: I don't like other people deciding where I'm going.

Kabuki: We're going to Cosmo Canyon remember.

Vukodlak: I know that. It's a principle.[/font][/color]

Ryan- "There it is. Just over the ridges there." I pointed at the large telescope just coming into view. I was getting edgy and a little scared. How would I kill the Mako Monsters if I can't use magic and they can? The rover shut down and stopped about fivehundred feet from the front entrance to Cosmo Canyon.
Ryan- "I guess we are going to have to walk from here. The resistance must not want up to stir up anything before we need to." I shrugged and grabbed my whip. Phoebie got up and walked out of the Rover. I followed her, heart pumping in my chest. The terain was dusty. Small whisps of the loose earth drifted across my vision. The second rover sped by. I saw the one called Kabuki waving frantically at us. I gave him a weak wave and grimaced sourly at his happy mood.

Phoebie-"Let's start walking. By the time we get there team two will be in position. I just hope that the candle isn't out..." We stated walking toward the stairs leading to our mission. I was getting more and more nervous with every step I took.

---------------------------------------------------
-Ok, I'll keep it moving-

We got to the entrance about 20 minutes later. The ground was rocky and very loose. The rover would have been nice. Finally we were at the stairs leading up to the Canyon. I tried to recall every piece of history I knew about this place. The Gi were defeated here, by two different parties. Bugenhagen, the most wise man i can think of, died here. For all I know the Huge Materia still lay perched in Bugenhagens house. I froze on the steps. Phoebie turned around and looked at me.

Phoebie- "Ryan, what's wrong?" She gave me a sideways glance. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. I reached with one of my hands and caught an outcroping of rock. I steaded myself and looked at her.

Ryan- "Phoebie... They're after the Huge Materia. The want to become more powerful. Each of them has a certain magic in them, plus reflect built into their skin, but they only have one. If they break the Huge Materia apart and consume it they will gain all of the magic on this world. We can't let them get to it! Send up the flares now. Signal the other team. We have to stop them before they get to the top."

[i]I look back for a moment and see Team One's flare coming from the steps of Cosmo Canyon. When I tell Vukodlak of this, he says nothing and keeps going...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]Shouldn't we pail them out? I mean, they must be in some deep sh*t to already put up the flare...

[i]I don't know if Vukodlak even cared... Hell, I didn't know if he'd even go to the Cave of the Gi....[/i]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Seeing the doubt on Darken's face, Vukodlak smiled inwardly. He knew the reaction he would get. He got up, and ran towards the cave mouth, yelling for the others to follow. They look in amazement at each other, before running after him. They find him standing, scimitars poised, in front of the corpse of a Gi Warrior.[/I]

Vukodlak: Coming? There had better be at least one of those beasts we were warned about in here.[/font][/color]

We ran up the steps of Cosmo Canyon. I contiued running when we got to the top. Phoebie paused. I stopped and turned to her.

Ryan- "Phoebie! What are you doing?! We have to get to the top!" She looked at me gravely and pointed across the plateau that was the first level of Cosmo Canyon. I followed her stare and saw the Cosmo Candle. It was out. All that remained was a smoldering pile of charred wood. I shook my head and turned to run for the stairs. Phoebies hand caught my shoulder.

Phoebie- "Ryan, there are no survivors. Everyone is dead." I noded and motioned for her to hurry up. We climbed the first set of stairs and found the weapons shop. The shopkeeper was slumped over the counter, frostbitten and cracked. I fought the urge to turn around and run. We contiued up the stairs untill we reached the Gi cave entrance. I heard two raps on the door just as I got there.

---I would apreciate it that everyone from the first team, Phoebie and I, would please wait for the others to play out their adventure in the Gi caves.---

---Sorry Harlequin---

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Check your grammer at some point, please. And while this is kind of long, it's gets things going.

IC:[I]Vukodlak, Kabuki and Darken contiued through the cave, avoiding the Gi Warriors and other monsters. A Spinner jumped out form the cavern roof. Vukodlak immediately dove under it, coming up behind it. Darken through a grenade, blowing two of the spider's legs off. Vukodlak, using his natural acrobatics and agility, leapt onto the Spinner's back, slicing down with his scimitars. The beast, howling with pain, swung around and tried to dislodge him. Vukodlak easily maintained his balance, and stuck again. Darken ran in and sliced upwards, severing the beasts head. Vukodlak leaps off the falling body, and runs off. Kabuki and Darken follow. They reach the mouth of the cave. Ahead of them floats a great warrior. The GI Nattuk, thought destroyed by the Great Heroes years ago, has returned.

They spread out, avoiding the soul fire's wheeling and diving attacks. Lacroix runs in and attacks. The Gi Nattuk catches both blades on it's spear, but is left open. Vukodlak leaps and kicks it in the head, and Kabuki and Darken run in and open devestating wounds in the beast's abdomen. The Gi Nattuk stabs at Vukodlak, grazing his shoulder. As Darken again runs in to attack, the Gi Nattuk spins his spear like a quarterstaff, knocking him away. Vukodlak again leaps in, decapitating the beast. The soul fires, which had been distracted by Kabuki, faded away. They were free to enter Cosmo Canyon.[/font][/color][/I]

[i]When we were finally let in, I noticed the worried look on Ryan's face...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]What's the matter? Lose your nerve? Get scared? What?

[i]He looked at me like he was going to say some thing, but then he stopped and started stareing into my eyes. I hate when people do that....[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]What?! Don't tell me this is the first time you noticed my eyes are like Vukodlak's!!

[i]Before he could answer, we heard a low growl behind us...[/i]

Vukodlak slashed violently at something making us all jump. When we turned to look at him he was holding an arm.

Vukodlak- "One of them jumped at me." He shrugged and we walked up the ladder and inside of the house. There was a smell inside. It smelled like molding flesh. Kabuki vomited and ran outside of the house. Darken and I grimaced and looked to our leaders. Phoebie was scanning the area looking for signs of life. Vukodlak was busy stuffing the arm into his pack, probably for later study. Phoebie motioned for us to spread out. She went up the ladder to the top level. Darken went to the second level. Kabuki was still outside of the place. Vukodlak and I went inside of Bugenhagens machine to check on the Huge Materia. We got onto the machine and I pressed the start button. The entire area went dark. The machine turned on and we were carried upward. All of the orbits of the planets lit up and everyting became illuminated.
I dropped to my knees trembling. Vukodlak surveyed the scene with a grim face. Everywhere around us body were tossed. Some were burned, some frozen, some apparently poisoned. A few were turned to stone, and crushed. I looked up with a twisted face. The Huge Materia were gone. I grabbed Vukodlak and pulled on his sleve.

Ryan- "We gotta get out of here! We are gonna be slaughtered!" I ran out of the door, jumping from the machine. "Phoebie! Darken! We gotta leave! Darken jumped down from the second level and Phoebie slid down the ladder. ?The Materia?s gone!? We ran out of the building and down the stairs of Cosmo Canyon. The entire canyon blew just as we jumped in the Team One Rover. Pieces of debris fell around us as we sped away. Both of the eams looked down as we started motering toward the Gold Saucer.

[i]As anyone could guess, all our minds are on what just happened...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]We're not getting paid enough for this BS....

[i]I paused for a few seconds...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]The fact we're not getting paid at all may have some thing to do with it...

[i]Still no reaction. I just saw it best to shut and think like everyone else was. Everyone that is, except for Ryan and Kabuki, who kept eyeing me and "Mister Personally", a.k.a, Vukodlak for some reason...[/i]

Ryan- "It was Ifrit...

Phoebie- "What?"

Ryan- "Ifrit... The fire summon... We failed to stop them from getting the Huge Materia and now they are all-powerful..." I hung my head and drifted in-between different segments of our mission. Everyone else looked troubled as well. Even Vukodlak looked a little worried. "Ifrit hasn't been seen in years. After Cloud and his friends defeated Sephiroth they merged all of their materia with the Huge Materia in Cosmo Canyon. They didn't want them to be used ever again." I shook my head.

Vukodlak- "They have all of the magic now. The three Bahamuts, Phoenix, Ultima, Slash-All... Knights Of The Round... They're unstoppable." I looked up at him with dead eyes. I gave him a smile that showed no sign of joy.

Ryan- "Your right." I put my head back down. "The Resistance is dead..." The Rover halted outside of Corel. I grabbed my pack roughly and walked out.

Pheobie: No! We still have a chance!

They all look at her funny.

Pheobie: This is a newly developed materia, synthetically made to dissolve magical energy. It's calle anti-magic.

Ryan: Anti-Magic? But how can we get more?

Pheobie: That's the problem... We can't. When the mako children were created they destroyed the only facility making them and I got the only one. Luckily I've almost mastered it, once that is done, it should spawn another one like regular materia but since it's not naturally made the truth about synthetic materia spawning is unknown.

Ryan- "Synthetic materia? I thoguht that materia could only be made from the concentration of Mako. How can there be a snthetically made materia? And where is this facility? I want to check it out just in case the spawning fails."

ooc: this is kabukiowari... i cant log out of my friends s/n....sorry i havent posted in awhile my net was down...

ic: I've heard rumors of the materia but i never thought it was true... ( pulls out his katanna....holds it upside down.....) well lets seperate and meet back here later...ok?

[b]Darken:[/b]It won't work....

[b]Ryan:[/b]Huh? What do you mean?

[b]Darken:[/b]The anti-magic... Pheobie's wasn't the only one to get away....

[b]Pheobie:[/b]How do you know?

[b]Darken:[/b]I was there... Where do you think I got infused Mako? Besides, the "Children of Mako" are not just magic....

Looks to Kabuki.

Ryan- "Kabuki we can't just go out and look for the facility. We have to return to the Gold Saucer. If we have all made it from New Recruits to Resistance Member Fifth Class then we can apply for temporary leave right away. Then we can go go and look for the factory." Phoebie noded and we all walked onto the tram, Vukodlak lagging behind a little.

[i]I was getting a little annoyed with the fact every one was just standing around, making plans for things we had no way of doing at the moment.[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]Not to be pushy or anything, but, shouldn't we head to the tram? And shouldn't we plan all this out when we have a means to do so?

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Sorry people, been away for the last week. "Mister personality"! What the hell! I think not my lost cathartic friend.

IC:[I]Vukodlak, not intending to apply for leave, not intending to go back to Gold Saucer at all, was more direct than Darken.[/I]

Vukodlak: Do as you will. I, however, am disappearing.

[I]Vukodlak walks off, leaving the others to make their own way.[/font][/color][/I]

Ryan- "Hey. Hey! Get back here!" I jumped off of the tram just as it launched off of the platform.
"Vukodlak! Hey!" I looked around but could see no one but the attendant. I turned around scanning the area. I still saw no one. I slapped my hands in frustration and sat down to wait for the tram.