OtakuBoards

FF VII: Children Of Mako ((PLAY))

Corey

[i]I watched Ryan jump off the tram. I knew it was no use, but I didn't stop him. Any way, it wasn't long before we got to the Gold Saucer.[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]You guys should get off... I'll go back and get Ryan...

[i]Every looked at me like I was crazy.[/i]

[b]Pheobie:[/b]We should all get off, Ryan can get on by himself.

[b]Darken:[/b]You don't understand... I need to talk to him... Just go!

[i]It took them long enough, but they finally got off. Then the tram headed back down...[/i]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]The tram was moving slowly for some reason or another, but I thought nothing of it. I think it was just a few feet away from the Gold Saucer when it happened....

I was the only one on the tram, no one wanted to go down, plus I told everyone not to get on the tram. More over, my katana told everyone not to get on the tram... Any way, the darn thing was making all kinds of noise, shaking, etc. when, suddenly, I heard a loud BOOM. I knew what had happened as soon as I heard it, one of the engines blew up. The blast sent the tram rocking forward, right at the ground. Luckily for me, the tram stayed on the cables. I cut the door open and waited until I had a chance to jump. I took it. I landed with a roll, the blast had sent me past the first few tents. I looked up to see Ryan, I guessed he ran before the tram hit... [/i]

Darken:Ow... They need to fix that...

OOC:Sorry for double posting...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Lonewolf, you double posted. Please edit your second post into your first.

I watched the tram come out of the GoldSaucer thankfully. It was about time. First Vukodlak jumped the mission and then I got stuck out of the tram.
[size=4][color=red][font=century]BANG[/font][/color][/size]
I looked up to see the tram smoking from one of the engines. There was someone inside. All the people that had been waiting for the tram scattered into North Corel. The cable snapped and the tram started to fall. Darken jumped out just before it hit the ground. I ran out of the way. It hit the ground with a metalic crunch. Shrapnel flew everywhere. Red hot pain flared into my leg. I stumbled and fell. The world went dark. The pain in my leg no longer seemed so intense.
'Oh man.... I hit my head too.' I thought just before I went under.

[i]I got up and dusted myself off. I went over to Ryan to see if he was okay. He had a deep cut in his leg with metal in his leg. I cleaned the gash as best I could. Then I used the Cure 3 spell on him. He came to after a while. I went to look for anyone else that could be saved, I found no one because they all ran... I went back to Ryan.[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]You alright?

[b]Ryan:[/b]Yeah... What happened up there?

[b]Darken:[/b]You mean the tram? I don't know... It was acting up, and, the next thing I know, boom...

[i]We sat there, waiting for the "clean up" crews to get there...[/i]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]From his position somewhat outside North Corel, Vukodlak was too far away to hear the explosion. The smoke however, carried fairly well. Considering the dumpy North Corel was, it was unlikely that there was anything there except the tram to make an explosion of that magnitude. That considered, Vukodlak found it grimly amusing that he wasn't there...[/font][/color][/I]

[i] I was tired of sitting around, doing nothing, so I got up and went to what was left of the tram. I'm not sure what I was looking for, I guess I was looking for an answer to what had happened. What I found would be hard for most to believe. I found the remains of a "Mako Freak", as they were called. It one was different from what I knew them to look like. This one had wings, it was small, it was...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]A new breed.... They're mutating....

[i]When I told Ryan of this, he was as dumbfounded as I. I don't think he would have believed me if I hadn't brought the thing to show him...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]The Gold Saucer isn't safe any more....

[i]Phoebie and Ryan look at me as if the same thought just came to them.[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]I just want to know a few things.... What class are we now? What can we do? And, do we have any leave time?

I looked at the thing for a long time. It looked similar to the original breed in many ways, but the wings. They protruded from the shoulderblades in a long narrow bone. About two feet from it's body the bone split off into fingerlike apendages, much like the bat's wings. Instead of a membrane of skin, the monster had a flexible membrane of crystal. I stooped down and prodded it with my finger. Frost creeped up my hand making me fall backwards with a cry. Darken quickly administired an Ensuna spell. My hand returned to normal.

[b]Ryan-[/b] "This one has Freeze as a defensive mechanism. All of the others had reflect... This could be bad. I had heard that the scientists at the Gold Saucer had been very close to making a weapon that could nullify the reflect field on the monsters skin. Now they may have to make a weapon for each contain magic... Possibly others too... Can you imagine what these things could do if they had transform magic, or petrify built into their skin?" I looked at the monster again. A whistling sound filled the air.

[b]Darken-[/b] "What the hell..." A barrage of meteors slammed into the Gold Saucers, speed square. The roller coaster crumbled and fell to the desert below. The portion burst into flames.

[b]Phoebie-[/b] "RUN!" Meteors impaled the pavement around us. Splinters of concrete shot into the air. We were all running through North Corel. Just as we got out one huge meteor deomlished the Gold Saucer. Everything in the vicinity of it seemed to be sucked in for a moment, then it exploded outward. The shockwave sent all of us onto our stomachs. I turned over, casting Barrier spells on all of us. The shrapnel from the gold saucer hit our little shield and bounced off. The air seemed to be on fire. It hurt to breath. The air must have been superheated from the explosion. I stood up carefully and immediately feel back to the ground. There I slipped into unconsciousness, for the second time in one hour.

[b]Darken:[/b]Heh... What do you know? I WAS right...

[i]Phoebie shot me a look like this wasn't the time to mention that... She was right...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]No one could have lived after that.... No one...

[b]Phoebie:[/b]It's like Ryan said... The Reisitence is dead...

[i]I healed Ryan and then started to walk off...[/i]

[b]Darken:[/b]You guys coming? We gotta find Vukodlak, then we gotta go to the place where the Anti-Materia was being made...

[i]They gave each other confused looks as I was walking away, then they hurried to catch up.[/i]

Pheobie:In a secret lab deep below the shinra building in what remains of Midgar. It will be dangerous but we will have to infiltrate the city and find the secret passage into the mako research and synthetic materia factory.

pheobie stopped and looked out towards the general location of Midgar before moving with them again towards North Coral.

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Having nothing better to do, Vukodlak set off towards Midgar. He could easily sneak onto a ship bound for Junon, and he was sure he could remain hidden for the entire voyage. He set off, taking a circuitous route, should the others choose to follow him for some ungodly reason.[/font][/color][/I]

[i]I had left the group behind, they were only slowing me down. They kept talking about their plan to reach Midgar. I, on the other hand, already had a plan. I guessed it was most likely Vukodlak's plan as well. I would sneak on to a ship to Junon. This sounded like a surefire was to get there. I had left a quickly written note telling the others they should try some thing similar. Then I had slipped, unoticed.[/i]