OtakuBoards

Link in Soul Calibur 2

Turkey

According to sites like IGN, Namco announced that their sequel to Soul Calibur would have an extra character for the Gamecube version. As you can see by the title, that character is Link.
Unfortunately, we have yet to see more proof besides the statement and some mock ups for ow the game should look.

[IMG]http://insidermedia.ign.com/insider/image/soulcaliburmockup2_460.jpg [/IMG]
[IMG]http://insidermedia.ign.com/insider/image/soulcaliburmockup1_460.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see by the above pictures (courtesy of IGN), Link's model would be that of SSBM and the Spaceworld 2k tech demo.
I for one can find this quite believable, since Nintendo and Namco have been having much better relations lately; with the Triforce arcade board and the Namco Star Fox game (which features gameplay like the first 2).

Bah, for some reason the part where it says they're mock ups didn't register when I read it. I knew that the versus screen picture of Link looked really familiar though.

Anyway, it would still be nice he were in it, though I doubt that will happen.

[color=indigo]First off, I moved this to the Zelda Forum.

Secondly, I don't think this is real. Why? Take a look at these pics:

[img]http://www.desbreko.netfirms.com/other/SSBM-Link.jpg[/img]
This is the CG character model for Link in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Notice how it's [i]exactly[/i] the same as Link in the second screen shot that Smoky Joe posted.

[img]http://www.desbreko.netfirms.com/other/GCNDemo-Link.jpg[/img]
This is a screen shot of Link in that old tech demo for the GCN, that was shown at E3 2000, of Link and Ganondorf fighting. Notice how Link in this screen shot looks [i]exactly[/i] the same as Link in the first screen shot that Smoky Joe posted, only reversed, like a mirror image. That's easy enough to do, and so is cutting a character out of a screen shot.

I'm thinking someone just edited some screen shots, and put those pictures of Link in. Kind of like that hoax in EGM, when they said Sonic and Tails were in SSBM. They just took some other pictures of Sonic and Tails and pasted them into a screen shot.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]First off, I moved this to the Zelda Forum.[color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks!:)

[QUOTE][B][color=indigo]
I'm thinking someone just edited some screen shots, and put those pictures of Link in.[color] [/B][/QUOTE]

*The next sentence is from my first post*
Unfortunately, we have yet to see more proof besides the statement and some [B]mock ups[/B] for how the game should look.

Seems like you missed a line in my post. IGN never said the pics were legit. They admited they created the pics so people would have an idea of how the game should look.

Since there is no proof (except a site's word) in favor or agaisnt this, I'll just be hopeful, since this would not only be a treat to GC fans, but it will be another sign of Namco and Nintendo's new friendship.

Guest ProudClod
Well spotted desbreko, I knew I saw those from somewhere before!. But honestly, Link in SC2, it would be quite lame, why? well, some characters in SC have some sort of relationship with eachother, which bring them to the tournament, like Seung Mina and Hwang, or Cervantes and Nightmare. If Link were to compete, there wouldnt be any additional storyline for him, maybe to save zelda, [I]again[/I], or just to win (why would a good boy like Link want the soul blade? lol,) which would be quite boring. Having him as a playable character on the other hand wouldnt be so bad, as long as his attacks werent similar to those of SSBM, not that they would be his only attacks.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]*The next sentence is from my first post*
Unfortunately, we have yet to see more proof besides the statement and some [B]mock ups[/B] for how the game should look.

Seems like you missed a line in my post. IGN never said the pics were legit. They admited they created the pics so people would have an idea of how the game should look.

Since there is no proof (except a site's word) in favor or agaisnt this, I'll just be hopeful, since this would not only be a treat to GC fans, but it will be another sign of Namco and Nintendo's new friendship. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Oh... okay... I didn't know that IGN had said they made the screen shots... But this still sounds pretty unlikely, even if Namco is developing the next all space shooter Star Fox game. Link just doesn't seem to fit in with the other characters...[/color]