OtakuBoards

Need a plan to destroy Sephiroth in FFVII

G/S/B Master

I need a plan.He kicks my butt with his sun expansion to cream my team from an over 7000 HP to a measly 500 and under HP also making my characters attack eachother (mainly cloud because he is hardly in any bad condition).Them Sephiroth beats me up with his magics.At that time Knights of the Round wouldn't be availible ( because of the semi-boss. )If you're planning for Megalixers then you have failed,because that time i don't have any more megas.But 2 or 3 X-Potions though.So give me a walkthrough for beating him or a preperation before the semi-boss or just advices.Walkthroughs are better though.

well, sephiroth has some very damaging attacks, such as super nova which almost kills everyone in your team, and the fallen angel attack which makes everyone have 1 hp....

do what my brother, twinzam v, told you, that's basically what I done, haste, regen and wall on me, and dispel on sephiroth when he casts wall on himself....

after ANY attack, you should always cure yourself, try to have someone with the full cure materia, since cure 3 sometimes isn't helpful....

[b]Maybe you should should head back and try to find a few megalixers? Like the one in Kalm Town?
It'll help build you up, having to get out, and get back into the Northern Crater too.

Um...oh, and remember this...Fullcure can't be linked with All[/b]

[i]If you're still stuck, try getting Knights of the Round, or Omnislash, or if you're really desperate, (and if you got the W-Item materia) use the multiple item cheat[/i]

Go to the downed shinra plane and contiually morph each enemy into their respective things.
Each monster there morphs into a certain source.
I am currently working on getting all of my characters attack and defence maxed out.
Sooner or later you will be able to destroy Sephiroth.
Also put the Knights Of The Round onto Clouds Apochalips(spelling?) sword and fight monsters with huge AP .
It will level up 3 times as fast and sooner or later you will master it.

Guest ProudClod
Haste and Wall are good tactics, as Sephiroth said (not Twinzam v, hehe!!), try using Regen as well. Dont count on curing yourself whenever you get hit, as Dark seph said, THE Sephiroth may get to use two attacks in arow, dont hesitate to do so when you feel your about to go down though.

Any way, I dont really know which sephiroth you are stuck on, Safer or Bizzaro? If safer, then have one party of three on each side which focus on magic, summons, and attacks. Its important that you balance it out like this.

Bizzaro is a bit of a problem, but if you do what was stated above then you should be alright.

[B]If you have it, try using hp/mp swap and then knights of the round. This way you can pelt Sephiroth with a very damaging attack without losing all your mp. Make sure someone else has already cast regen and make sure someone has a top level cure materia coupled with the All materia.[/B]

Simple. Lots and lots of Counter Materia. You can get 16 attacks from one person per turn with 16 pieces of Counter Materia attack... At 9999 damage, that beats the crap out of KOTR... Plus, you don't need to keep Miming it... Just Use Megalixirs and attack normally, etc... Of course, it means you'll need 48 pieces of mastered Counter attack... o.o;

[B]48 pieces of [i]mastered[/i] counter attack materia?! I understand how effective that would be but wouldn't you be better off breeding the chocobos and getting the Knights of the round materia?[/B]

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]

The sephiroth where he is octapus like.And Inside the earth's core. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think thats the first one then (not in a cloud, right?), yep, then do what I stated earlier and you should be alright.....

Good luck on Bizzaro!!!! :toothy:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]48 pieces of [i]mastered[/i] counter attack materia?! I understand how effective that would be but wouldn't you be better off breeding the chocobos and getting the Knights of the round materia?[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

KOTR takes way longer, to master and to perform. 'sides, 13 attacks a turn or 17? You decide... ;)

[color=indigo]Yeah, I pretty much do what Flash does... I put Double-Cut (with 4x-Cut) and a mastered HP Plus Materia on all three of my characters, plus a Master Magic-All combo and Enemy Skill on one, and then I fill up the rest of the slots with Counter Attack Materia, and Counter-Deathblow combos. I have the party member with the Master Magic-All and Enemy Skill Materia set up Barrier, MBarrier, and Haste with the Enemy Skill Big Guard, and then Regen, while I use 4x-Cut with the other two party members. Jenova-SYNTHESIS and Bizzaro-Sephiroth go down pretty quickly like this, and then I use DeBarrier on Safer-Sephiroth to take down his Barrier and MBarrier. Then I just keep attacking with two of the party members, while the other heals pretty much constantly. All the while, counter attacks are going off left and right from each party member, so I can afford to have one member devoted entirely to healing if I have to.

Of course, it takes a lot of leveling to get that many mastered Counter Attacks... But it's worth it, when you're doing 9999 damage with each attack... Heck, I couldn't do 9999 damage with one hit from KOTR, without using an MP Turbo Materia with it. I guess KOTR became obsolete, lol.[/color]

[color=royalblue]Well, I used the Double Cut thing...and double, for four attacks.

You can also use the double attack thing for summons (summons are activated twice in succession)...and that never fails. Sephiroth becomes [i]incredibly[/i] easy to kill.

Using that technique, I can kill Sephiroth within a few minutes. So all it really takes is some experimentation with items/materia.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Well, I used the Double Cut thing...and double, for four attacks.

You can also use the double attack thing for summons (summons are activated twice in succession)...and that never fails. Sephiroth becomes [i]incredibly[/i] easy to kill.

Using that technique, I can kill Sephiroth within a few minutes. So all it really takes is some experimentation with items/materia.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

ah, you must be talking about the double cut materia, 2x cut and later on when you increase a level, 4x cut, this is indeed very effective against sephiroth providing that sephiroth does not have wall cast on himself, if he has, then a simple dispel on him will rid him of it....

the bad thing about the double cut materia is if you equip it to cloud and have him equipped with ultima weapon, if he is on low health then he won't even make a scratch on sephiroth since the damage the weapon deals depends on hp....

and the other double summon thing you speak of is w-summon, which is able to use summons twice in succession....

however, there is a materia that allows you do use a summon 4 times in succession, but does not work with knights of the round, this materia is quad materia, the damage it deals however, is greatly reduced each turn....

I'm talking too much today, lol....

[color=indigo]I believe you mean Quadra Magic, not "quad materia" lol... :toothy: :twitch: :alcohol:

But yeah, the Ultima Weapon does depend on Cloud's HP... That's why you have one party member devoted to healing, so he'll always have full HP... If you have 9999 HP, though, the Ultima Weapon is very deadly. :devil:[/color]

Well what happen if you're against Safer Sephiroth??I don't think I'm against Bizzaro-Sephiroth.If Bizzaro-Sephiroth is that fish-like guy then he's too easy.Safer i think is the octapus.Bizzaro never hits me or even touch me.Bizzaro is probelby the one who has to be splited in 2 groups.

[color=indigo]I'm talking about fighting both forms... I use the same strategy for fighting both of them, and I never even switch from the first party when fighting Bizzaro-Sephiroth... (I suppose I was level 99, though, and doing 9999 damage with my normal attacks, heheh). :toothy:

And Bizzaro-Sephiroth is the first form, where you may have to split up into two or three parties (it depends on how well you do in the fight with Jenova-SYNTHESIS). Safer-Sephiroth is the second form, where you're only fighting with one party (the One-Winged Angel).

You may just not be high enough level to beat him yet... If you haven't done all the side-quest stuff, try going and doing that stuff first, or maybe just level up some... I dunno, what levels are your party members at?[/color]

I have beaten that game only once and i donot remember how I killed him if I had my memory cards i could tellyou after I killed him again... also I did it without Omnislash, KOTR, 4xcut, or any other flashy materia, just unlimited Megalixers (item duplication) and hero drinks... or whichever one boosts your attack and defense, I think wall, umm... ultima, everyone's best weapons, i think everyone was at like lvl 60 or ^,umm... i can't remember anyting else i used except for... Brute force. Oh and that was to kill safer F.Y.I. I also have a question what does the sheild materia do?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]I need a plan.He kicks my butt with his sun expansion to cream my team from an over 7000 HP to a measly 500 and under HP also making my characters attack eachother (mainly cloud because he is hardly in any bad condition).Them Sephiroth beats me up with his magics.At that time Knights of the Round wouldn't be availible ( because of the semi-boss. )If you're planning for Megalixers then you have failed,because that time i don't have any more megas.But 2 or 3 X-Potions though.So give me a walkthrough for beating him or a preperation before the semi-boss or just advices.Walkthroughs are better though. [/B][/QUOTE]

its easy all you have to do is have all your party with amor and weapons with 8 slots each (ulitmate weapons are the best to use if you need to find them im your man) and ribbons witch can obtained by morphing tonberrys (oh i hate them) have one of your guys equiped with final attack-phoneix combo in linkede slots make sure theyre both master lv and have someone equiped with sneak attack-knights of the round combo someone with quadra magic-bahamit zero cloud equiped with 4xslash and counter and all of your party should be equiped with hp plus and mp plus about 3 of each at a high lv and everyone with there last limit breaks and any other materia you wish to use and make him kiss the ground