Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I bought GT3 about a week ago...

It's an awesome game. But it's quite lengthy and tough at the beginning. You have to be patient if you want to really get the most out of the Gran Turismo mode.

But the Arcade Mode is great for beginners...it's a good way to get a feel for the game. Plus it's a lot of fun :)
Guest Trotenks
Posted
that game is so much fun the graphics are amaizing the gameplay is good i love the cars a wide variety its a must buy if u like car games
Posted
hmmm. i have mixed feelings on it. for one, the graphics look the most realistic out of all video games that i have seen (they could fool me in a movie). and since the grafix are realistic, so is the gameplay. ppl that already drive cars on a regular basis in real life (i.e. 15 or up) wont find this a challenge, but im 14, and barely ever drive a car, and drive go karts at scandia only once or twice a year. i found it more difficult than all the other racing games because of the realism. im sure with practice, i couldve been better, but who could have known that turns (small ones) could be such a B!tch. ill buy it when i see a used one for 34.99.
Guest Deranged Gerbil
Posted
I think they spent too much time on graphics and not enough time on gameplay :flaming:
Posted
no, that is incorrect. the gameplay is supposed to be hard, just like driving a car really is. but just like in real life, once you get used to the car (or game in this case), it becomes easier.
Posted
Sometimes the realism of driving against super smart AI takes out the fun...especially in the Professional league where one slip up an run everything. But I still love the ability to hook up 3 PS2's to a hub and play fun 6 player games in arcade mode.
Posted
ya, thats very true. Cheap AI ruins the fun, but then again, i guess in real life, one screw does mean the end of the race. Rumble Racing has cheap AI in the higher tournaments also. they no all the shortcuts and they get all the good powerups.
Guest Majin Gohan
Posted
I found the game alot more fun and alot easier with a steering wheel.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]hmmm. i have mixed feelings on it. for one, the graphics look the most realistic out of all video games that i have seen (they could fool me in a movie). and since the grafix are realistic, so is the gameplay. ppl that already drive cars on a regular basis in real life (i.e. 15 or up) wont find this a challenge, but im 14, and barely ever drive a car, and drive go karts at scandia only once or twice a year. i found it more difficult than all the other racing games because of the realism. im sure with practice, i couldve been better, but who could have known that turns (small ones) could be such a B!tch. ill buy it when i see a used one for 34.99. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Well, let me say that I drive. And as someone who is old enough to drive, driving does [i]not[/i] prepare you for a racing game at all.

Driving normally and racing are two very different things.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by James:
Well, let me say that I drive. And as someone who is old enough to drive, driving does not prepare you for a racing game at all.

Driving normally and racing are two very different things.[/QUOTE]

That is true, I let my dad play Gt2 when i first got it and he stank at it. My dad has been driving a car for over 20 years and we go cart racing at least twice a mounth but he cant play the game. Me on the other hand race go karts twice a mounth but have never driving a real car (duh, im 12) but i was really good at it.

There are a few differnces between my dad and me. First he dosent get a good feel for it cause the phyical properties of real racing are not excistent in the game, me though have been playing games since i was 5. The other main differnce is my dad was driving his street car around the street since the 70's and wasnt exactly the best cart racer because of it, but for me is the only driving i ever done and picked it up real fast.

So what im trying to say is that sometimes driving a street car and playing a racing game have nothing in comon, racing a real car is closer. I dont cosider racing [I]real[/I] untill you are in sumthing that can reach at least fifty miles per hour in a straight. But even that is not close to a game cause you cant feel the limits of your car. (This is meant for No-name more than James)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]what transmission do u use in GT3????
i always go for the stick (manual) [/B][/QUOTE]


[color=darkblue]I always use automatic. That way, I can use a combination of accelerator, brake and handbrake for turns.

I tend to use a combination of brake/handbrake to move through turns really quickly.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]How about ideal car settings? I have a Toyota Supra RZ and I'm toying around with the settings right now. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Well, I only just bought the game recently, and I've just acquired my domestic A license.

My best car right now is a Subaru Impreza 22B-STi, which has the fourth level Turbo, medium-soft racing tyres, full weight reduction and full racing transmission...among other things (it's pretty much as fully modified as you can get).

And it's awesome...it flies like you wouldn't believe. :)[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]The funny thing about GT3 is that, at first, I found it a little frustrating...because the money rewards weren't very high.

But once I started earning more cash...and opening up better cups which pay more credits...I found myself getting into the game a lot more than before.

It's one of those games that just keeps opening out...especially as you get more and more cars.

Although it's so huge in size...it's going to take a long time to beat. :)[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...