OtakuBoards

weirdest catch...

Darkmoon

I once caught a legendary bird pokémon, forgot which one, with a great ball. What makes it strange is that it had all its hit points. I also found it weird when I actually captured a rare pokémon in the Safari Zone, because I could never figure out the combinations to use to both prevent it from running and weaken it.

• 2 weeks later...
I was hunting down Entei, Raiku, and Suicune, but everytime I flew to their location, they ran away. So I got tired of it and wanted to find other pokemon, and finally ran into Raiku. I had ran into him earlier, but only got in one hit before he ran, so he had very little health left. I threw a ball right from he start and got him by accident. Now, I want to know the best way to lure the others towards me, so i can catch them better.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pastbyer [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Well, I guess it's probably just up to luck.

But there was once when I was trying to catch Lugia (L40) on Silver. I caught it with a Heavy Ball. My Pokémon were around L30ish. All I did was put it to sleep (which was REALLY luck in my sense) and then slowly wear it down to red. Then I threw a Ultra Ball (or 2) and threw 2 Heavy Balls and then caught it.

I think that it's just really up to luck.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, you used the right balls! Lugia is a heavy Pokemon, so a Heavy Ball was a good idea!

My weirdest catch was Suicune. I had been battling it for about 5 minutes and I ran out of every Pokeball except for... a Lure Ball. Thankfully I had saved my game beforehand. Its health was still at about 1/4th or something. On a whim (it was about 9 or 10 at night and I was tired) I threw my Lure Ball and it was caught. I just sat there for a second. My mom came in and I was still just sitting there. She asked what was up and I said, "What just happened?" She's like, "I don't know." Ironically, I'm once again at the point in my game where I can capture Suicune once again.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I don't do to many weird catches myself, but once my sister was on my Blue, and since she's really good at catching, I asked her to catch Mewtwo for me (also because she jumped to the wrong conclusion and used my only Master Ball on a Vulpix). When she caught it, using an Ultra Ball, she used my Victreebel (Blossom, see "Dream Teams" thread) to put it to sleep, then whittled away half its HP and threw the ball... Poof! She still hasn't told me how she did it (and to this day I have taken advantage of my favorite glitch to multiply my Master Ball first).