OtakuBoards

...dbz effects your life...

Kent

Guest Blackhawk
I'm working out to be as strong as a cartoon character, next I'm going to learn the Kamehamema wave and walk around the hospital giving out beans that automatically heal you. Then I have long stay at the local Psycho ward

Guest GriffXL
lol blackhawk.Keep dreaming about the kamehameha waves.To become as strong as a cartoon character, now theres a nice goal.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Blackhawk [/i]
[B]I'm working out to be as strong as a cartoon character, next I'm going to learn the Kamehamema wave and walk around the hospital giving out beans that automatically heal you. Then I have long stay at the local Psycho ward [/B][/QUOTE]
LOL, I can't denie it, you have a good point there! :smirk:

:D Oooooooookaaaay! I thought I was obsessed! I have haiir down to my butt (Yes, I am a girl!), but that has nothing to do with DBZ. However, I will say that when Trunks first showed up in the Trunks Saga, it really inspired me to develop this character called Blue Tajiri, to make her just one step better. My mum now wants me to write stories about her and send them off to a publisher, but I'm still working on making her completely original. (I'm getting there) I have done several comics strips using her and characters from DBZ and other Anime.
As far as the rest of you go, those of you who train because of DBZ should go to a site called Draogonball Silver, and check out the Obsessed link.
("You are obbsesed with DBZ if:
-You wrap your head in toilet paper and go by the name Piccolo.
- You collect seven basket balls and try to summon Shen-long.)
No the site isn't mine, I just think it's cool.
Though I do agree, Anime provides good role models. They generally show that the bad guys always loose in the end, the good guys always win, and that it is important to work as a team and also that everyone makes mistakes, but if we learn from them then we'll be okay.
DBZ also did one other thing, it cheers me up, no matter how down I'm feeling, I go and watch DBZ, they can manage to put a comedy moment in the most serious of situations. Needless to say, our digital supplier went bust and I haven't seen it in over two months, (sob!)
Check out Dragonball Silver, you'll have to do a search as I don't have the adress. A word of warning though, it does have some rude jokes on it.
Anyway, I'm chatting on, Anime is definitely inspiring. BYE NOW!

Guest SSJ obj of envy
Dude I agree with you on like all fronts. I have always had a good figure but wantig to increase my power level and have a physique like Gokou's have pushed me this summer. I'm black and i was even going to keep growing out my hair and doing certain things to go Super Saiyan (blonde hair and all) but mybe another time... DBZ is the bomb and shame on he people that don;ive it a chance.

dragonball z plays alot in my life, after alll i draw alot of dbz, and my sisters boy friend still watchs sometimes too. but training, its alittle creepy- after all, when i started watching this year my friends thought i went a- wall and was kind of a dork, but i started talking to new people. so besides enjoyment and talking to new people, it does have an impact. besides dbz, i watch a ton of anime and it helps with my art work, and last night i was watchin yu- yu hakusho till 2 am.

I have wanted to reply to this thread for
a while now but no time with all the kids home on summer break.

But, Yes this cartoon effects our life's as well,
I have a 6 year old son he hates to even
try new things because he scares easily,
and doesn't understand that practice is
highly important in fine tuning certain skills,
(from riding bikes to reading)
I have used this cartoon as a reference in
explaining theses things to him,
and now he is getting what I am saying,
Like when Goten & Gohan where training together
in preparation
for the martial arts tournament,
Goten gets frustrated with gohan and says
"not fair, no matter how hard I try I still can't beat you"
(or something like that) Gohan tells his little brother
"you'll get there with time,
I have been doing this allot longer then you have,
But you pulled some nice moves.

Given that Goten is almost the exact same age as my son,
he understands.
that and don't get quiet as frustrated anymore.
and he tries harder, and keeps at it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh yes one more thing if this counts anyway but,
our family has 11 guinea pigs,
We have
a Vegeta
a Goku
a Gohan
a Chichi
a Chobi (baby dinosaur, in (blackmail)
a Videl.

We are expecting a few more in a week .
If we have two boys we are planning on naming them
Trunks & Goten.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]
When I grow up and have kids, I will not have them watch DBZ :p It has too little plot, and either anything besides DBZ, or no anime at all. I don't think it could really effect our lives in such a serious manner, but we all like to think so. It's just the way we humans are.

-Chibi
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Mt too, hopefully my children will never want to watch it...

I'm sorry but I don't think any anime should be effecting any bodys life espessialy one with such a small storyline.

I am really not affected by DBZ. I am however inspired to base characters of my own creation after DBZ cast memebers but that is it. I love DBZ but even I admit that there is not much of a real story to inspire people (other than to get stronger as so many of you stated). I like some of the character development (especially Vegeta's family), but everything else does have its pros and cons. I wish I could write the DBZ film(s) because then I would have my way with it and make it almost Oscar worthy (if audiences can get past the stupid hairstyles that would have to be made real).

:D Vegeta's definitely Jerry Springer material, I can just imagine him blasting the audience, it'd work out like when Kang was on in The Simpsons. Hee hee!

ChiChi would be more likely to go on Kilroy, (I get the feeling you don't have that in America)

Someone should start a thread on this. That I'd love to see.:D

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]Considering that Dragonball Z [i]is[/i] my favorite anime, I guess you could say it effects my life.

Physically, I've done many things to promote the anime. I've drawn an 'M' on my forehead to signafy Majin, I've gotten a sprayed on tattoo of Super Saiya-jin Son Gohan-san at Six Flags, and I've even bleeched my hair yellow (it's more like streaks of yellow) because I though Super Saiya-jin looked cool.

Also, Dragonball Z has, thankfully, brought out my artistic skills. Since Saturday, April 24, 1999 at around 8:00 am in my kitchen (;)), I've been copying pictures from Dragonball Z -- NOTE: not tracing, but copying -- and have gotten better with each drawing. In high school, I've been taking art classes, and I believe it will take me far in later life. Perhaps my own comic?

I have even got help mentally from Dragonball Z, which may also help me create a comic. It has given me numerous story lines with great detail, and with people who, erm...can shoot...things, out of their hands, u.u'. The thought of it has even helped me push myself further in sports and lifting wieghts, lol. I was my soccer team's lead scorer just last season (15 goals), when before then my only record was, like, 5 in one season.

Lastly, it has helped me realize the art known as anime. Before Dragonball Z, I had no idea what it was, but since then, I have come to find many different kinds of anime,and even join my school's anime club. :)

It sounds ridiculous, but I'm sure that Dragonball Z has really helped me in the past, is helping me now, and will take me places in further life.[/color]

:blah:

Nope, DBZ hasn't really affected my life. Maybe draining countless hours works?? Anyways, I it could never effect my life because all the characters on DBZ are to perfect, and all of us can say the latter. Sure, it might have helped me at times, just not enough to 'effect' my life.

:D OK, I watched five seconds of Pokemon and got hooked on anything to do with Japan or Japanese Cartoons. My mate got me into Dragonball Z and then I saw the Trunks Saga, and that inspired my best character ever, (Blue Tajiri, she's pretty cool.) but I have not begun training or anything like that, though I wuold like to get back into Ju-Jitsu, I enjoyed that, damn expensive though.:D

Guest SunRiZe
Dragonball Z affected me because I aspired to be the best, until then I had nothing That really motivated me to get fit and live an exciting edgy life, I do have my Bible, but thats more inspiration to be good, and live a truthful life, not on how fit you are :p

• 2 weeks later...
DBZ led me to start karate. :) I started about 1 1/2 years ago, and now I'm soon going to take my blue belt test. ^^ It also reminds me that no matter how bad things are, it'll never be as bad as when Frieza, Cell, Buu, and all the other baddies are trying to do evil while the "Z Fighters" are fighting for their lives. Hopefully none of us will have to do that.