OtakuBoards

...dbz effects your life...

Kent

well, atleast mine.
i will come out up front and say that i have no problem removing this if the mods have got beef with it. so just say and it will be done.
well heres my deal. when i say dbz effects my life, i dont mean it in a way that is uncontrolable or something super natural.
im talking about pure drive and a couple of other things. but first let me tell you how.
i moved away from the place i grew up and had nothing but time. i was always thinking about dbz and one day i decided that trunks' hair in the cell saga was really cool when he came out of the hyper bolic time chamber. i decide i wanted to be like him. so when i moved, i started working out and training, harder and harder, all the time planning on cutting my hair when it was as long as trunks let his get. a year later i had done it. i had also went from being fat and slow to being just a bit better, (well awhole lot, but i dont want to toot my horn) so i cut my hair and when i did it i only thought of krillen so instead of going with a reliable, safe, normal hair cut, i went with a full shave.
the whole time i have been training as well as i can, and right when i let up of think of dbz.
the idea of having strength beyond what you can see. being able to exceed what others expect of you. dbz kept me going and even though i will never be throwing kameha-meha blast, i will always be able to push futher just because i can think of dbz and keep going.
does any one understand or even feel the same?
i gotta say that this thread is pushing the dbz discusion and im pretty sure that the above makes me sound really stupid, childish and out right geeky. so take it easy on me. i just had to put this up. i love being able to talk about dbz in a way thats not just cold fact. sorry if it bothers anybody and thanks for reading.
what do you think of what i have to say?

[color=red][size=3]Well, not to the extent of getting stronger or a physical resemblance, but it does give you some decent examples. If my kids going to have a role model for a cartoon, I'd have to say Goku is the best choice. Strong enough to win, smart enough to walk away, and with a heart as pure as a crystal...that's what I want my child to become.[/color][/size]

Yea, agreed... Even though this series is filled with a violent barrage of destruction and such.. lol

You got this dude who is perfect.. .yep.. my kid's would watch this show if it was around when i have children... I dont think any kid could become somone so cool and super perfect as goku...we are all human... but simple enough... i agree with JCB

Maybe but the idea of being superior strong is very cool. After i started watching it I also thought it would be cool to look like those guys, expicelly Vegeta when training to become SSJ. I started going to the YMCA everyday and working out, and 2 years latar, I have lots of weight training equiipment of my own. Even though i don't look perfect like Vegeta, I do have a nicley toned, sleek, but muscular body. I guess DBZ is somewhat of a motivation for me also to make my body better. I can now benchpress 200 pound, and at 15 i think that is pretty good. I have also recently started taking TyKundo(sp?) I plan on becoming on a amatuer fighter. DBz also affect my life,

IN A GOOD WAY :p :)

Guest GriffXL
goku wouldnt be a role model for my kids hes a little to stupid.Id like my kids role model to be a mix of vegeta and gohan.vegeta for being strong and cunning and gohan for being strong and smart.i started a little training myself.I know dbz is only a cartoon but alot of the stuff makes alot of sense.even though im like faster than most of the kids 2-3 grades ahead of me i still try to get better because where there is speed there is strength.ex.if your running pretty fast and hit someone in the gut, dont you think its going to hurt?

quite a few years ago i saw my first dbz show so i started personal training with my dad to become skilled at tai kwon do. since it was personal training i ascended fast and all the while it was just to beacome like goku or krillin or anyone off of DBZ everytime i failed a task i had to do in my sessions i thought about vegeta and how he always forced himself to go on and push the limits and i would pick myself up and try again and no matter how long i took i kept the determination of vegeta with me and i guess thats why vegeta's picture sits all over the walls of my dads gym DBZ has givin me confidence strength responsibilty and determination and i know this probably sounds cheesy coming from a girl tryin to be like a guy off of DBZ but i can't help it ........ its who i am...... its who i'm proud of
~GG~

[color=indigo]Lol, Altron, we are fully aware it is just an anime. You just have to remember that a lot of us have very sad and pathetic lives, lol.

I'd say the series has imapcted my life. I'm still young and impressionable, but only by things I enjoy. I'm not [i]that[/i] hardcore about it where when I work out I think of it to keep that drive in me. But I also admire how Trunks' hair was when he got out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I'm working on it, lol. But I have to watch out for my mom cause she does like long hair on me. Right now it is only down to the bottom of my ears. It is all just to humor myself though. Like when/if I get it that long. I want to spike it and possibly bleach it to see how close I can get to looking like a Super Saiyajin, lol. It affects me like that, but not in such a serious manner.[/color]

[color=darkblue]
When I grow up and have kids, I will not have them watch DBZ :p It has too little plot, and either anything besides DBZ, or no anime at all. I don't think it could really effect our lives in such a serious manner, but we all like to think so. It's just the way we humans are.

-Chibi
[/color]

Guest Altron Gundam
Yeah, I work out too...its a normal thing to go work out...hell, I've got a basketball season to train for...

Guest GriffXL
lol aries.you know how fast i am and its all dbz (well some of it).I really dont like studying types of martial arts but if i were i would study ninjitsu.But i try and make up my own little moves or attacks if you were to call it.I might name it the Griffin style of fighting lol.

[COLOR=darkblue]ah, hell, i'll admit that it did do something for me once.

i'm a writer & i was going through some really bad times where i couldn't concentrate enough to write anything good at all. all of my stories were really, really depressing, & that just made me feel worse. but after i got familiar w/ dbz, i started getting all kinds of ideas for dbz fanfics. i've got about 3 5-subject notebooks chock full of them from that time. & since i was writing about fighting a lot, it helped get out a significant amount of aggression.

basically, it was a really good escape when i needed it. fantasy, you know?

after that, i could write normally again.

plus, as you all know, i have this mad crush on vegeta.

&, to gotents, there are a lot worse role-models to have than mirai-trunks, right? not many real people could ever be that kick-a*s![/COLOR]

Yes DBZ effects me too. I don't always work out but I am pretty tough. Sometimes I arm wrestle my dads friend who we've known for years, my brother and I would always beat him up.:rolleyes: I sometimes try to punch him and he'd try to block, its fun, and funny.. Except once I almost broke his finger. Ok that doesn't have much to do with DBZ, but I do know what you mean and it does effect my life in some ways, I just can't of them right now, its to early.:D

Lol u think thats bad? I am a member of 4 DBZ RPGS, and i am about 65% done my own (should be good, i am trying to combine the best features of all the ones i know of) I would be interested to know what RPGS u and others belong too.

okay. I'll admit something....
Dbz is what inspired me in the first place to start taking martial arts. (I've been practacing since I was 4 but dbz was not the reason there) I stopped getting trained by my dad wehn I was about 8, and I got back into around 10.... becuz of dbz. and... I wore pigtails more after the saiyaman saga. lol, but those aren't big changes.... erm.... shaving your head..... I can't even think about that... even if I were a guy. LOL, but yeah, it's just an anime.... check out the 'it's an obsession when...' thread in the general anime section. I just added an extra list to add on the the starters that are insane! LOL ^_^

Guest GriffXL
lol Juuthena you kinda sound like this total anime freak who was in my class 2 years ago with the pig tails.She wore pig tails and i think she took on martial arts too.

Well yes DragonballZ has effected my life, but I didn't go and train because of dbz like most of you specified. I used to be in karate, that is something dbz didn't influence, but when I was in a sparring match, (or even at the tournaments where they give away trophies), I was able to get back up, dbz helped me push it to the next level, to keep going no matter what. Does that make sense?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Pud [/i]
[B]Lol u think thats bad? I am a member of 4 DBZ RPGS, and i am about 65% done my own (should be good, i am trying to combine the best features of all the ones i know of) I would be interested to know what RPGS u and others belong too. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's crazy, right now I'm writing my version of the Dragon Ball series, I'm in the Piccolo Saga on Dragon Ball.

There was some boy in my old nayboorhood and since he seen DBZ he was only talking about training and training.
He thought it helped how he trained. He thought you get stronger if you say some weird language while you were "concentrating". :S I really lost my mind with that weirdo :S

Guest gohangt10
It sorta does.I use to be a little chubby and then I saw my first dbz episode and started working out to become stronger.I even started taking martial arts.

Guest GriffXL
lol ive made my own little episode of my made up dbz series a series based upon dbz, 16 websites for dbz and im taking my training to the max by doing 5-8 laps around the track at this park,40-80 push ups a day, 50-100 sit ups,and practicing on my moves,speed,strength and anything else.