OtakuBoards

DBZ for X,PS,GC

ss2Serren

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I wasn't sure if i should put it in the game section or not because it's about the game. But in the other hand This was the section for DBZ relater stuff. But anyways my bad if in the wrong area.

I was at [url]www.ign.com[/url] last night and I went to the movie section then I found the Dragonball z. It gave a little info about the movie nothing special. But any ways while I was there. They gave me a link to the game thats coming out next year I believe. They had three clips for the game. The clips where about 1:30 each and out of all three clips together they showed about 10 sec of the game. But out of the 10 seconds I saw the game looks nice. So fare it seems like it starts from the Radiz's saga then to the Cell. But I believe they are going to do the hole DBZ saga. They said you well be able to do the rpg part online with other people if you would like. I think thats pretty cool. It also said that there well be a VS mode. And if I'm right it said there well be up to 50 character to play as. I'm not to sure about that part. But I think it well be pretty cool to play the game with other people online.

Guest GriffXL
thats for the gamecube.There will be one on the ps2 but thats just fighting.It sounds pretty cool to me.

Guest GriffXL
ohh,well there is suppost to be a dbz rpg game for the gamecube.But thats just better for me since i have a ps2 instead of a gamecube.

What I saw on the Playstation 2 looked eerily similar to a three dimensional fighting game. What's worse, is that the graphics closely resembled Final Bout for the PSX.

Hopefully, these games will be somewhat better than the GameBoy Advance version.

I swear, if I have to fight one squirrel, snake, crab or woodland creature, then I'm going to personally obliterate every copy of the game in existence.

Guest GriffXL
lol for all 3 systems huh?If this is a good game xbox will have another good game to their 5 only good games.Ps2 on the other hand well its still the best and will be the best until ps3 comes out(ive seen shots of it in my game magasine.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]What I saw on the Playstation 2 looked eerily similar to a three dimensional fighting game. What's worse, is that the graphics closely resembled Final Bout for the PSX.

Hopefully, these games will be somewhat better than the GameBoy Advance version.

I swear, if I have to fight one squirrel, snake, crab or woodland creature, then I'm going to personally obliterate every copy of the game in existence. [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree, Legend of Goku wasn't Dragonball Z faithfull, man those woodland creatures sure wasted alot of my time, hell the game itself wasted my time. I was expecting top-notch quality, and they give me fighting squirrels. But to the topic, from what I have seen I can conclude that the game looks pretty good. But then again, that is what I though about Legend of Goku.
:puke:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GriffXL [/i]
[B]thats for the gamecube.There will be one on the ps2 but thats just fighting.It sounds pretty cool to me. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw this thing on TV once, it showed you part of the game, looked liek a sweet deal! i didnt know it was coming out on teh X-Box though. Ah well, im going to check out icg.com and look there :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MajinBuu [/i]
[B]I thought Ultimate Battle 22 was pretty good, what didn't you like about. Legends was easily the best of the 3, but UB22 wasn't that bad. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I've got a solution that'll erase everyone's concern over these DragonBallZ products.

Simply go to your nearest toy store and purchase some DragonBallZ collectible statues or figurines--it doesn't matter which--and repeatedly bang them together while yelling your favorite lines from the show.

Would you be pathetic? Maybe. But you'd be having more fun than you would with those games. :)

lol i checked out the link for the movie, and found out nobody at IGN knows much about DBZ apparently. This is a quote from the end of their preview thing,

DragonBall tells an epic story of good verses evil, and the films will likely follow the same basic plotline as any of the previous DragonBall Z or any of the previous DB incarnations: Goku and friends battle to defend Earth from the Saiyans. Their ultimate weapon in the fight are the Namekian DragonBalls, which give them the power to summon a mighty dragon.

I guess the did'nt know they only battles Sayians in one saga, and most of the time the use Dragonballs from earth. I bet they don't even know who anyone is besides Goku. Hehe Being smarter than a major website on something is cool.

:p

A totally different developer is working on the upcoming DBZ games than worked on the past ones. I'd assume it would be a different one from the new GBA games as well, as generally teams are split over handhelds and consoles... That and the GBA adventure game is pretty crappy.

The quality of the nextgen DBZ games is up in the air though. Robotech is being pulled off well (after tons of horrible Macross games, a few good ones), which I didn't expect. So now that DBZ is going to another team anything is possible.

The PS2 game is going to be a fighting game that will undoubtably mimic Dragonball Final Bout. The GameCube game will be a Action/Platformer of some sorts. And is supposed to feature connectivity with like "Legacy of Goku 2" or something. A Xbox game is being considered but they really probably aren't going to do one. The demographic doesn't seem right.

The only people who will probably ever be able to make a competent Dragonball game would be AM2, Namco, Capcom, or Playmore. I do think that Bandai would be able to make a good RPG if it played anything like .hack// or something.