OtakuBoards

Ps2 HELP! Please Respond

SuperGohan

*cries* OK, today I put in my Cowboy Bebop dvd, it was new, and the first time I had put it in. Everything was fine, but while watching an episode I fell asleep. Upom waking up I decided to watch another episode, soon it started making strange noises and I thought that it might be the dvd. I pulled that out and put in Zone Of The Enders witch has been in before, and it countinues to make the clickie noises. After that I decided I could live with clickie noises so I put CB back in, and it couldn't read the disc. Somebody please tell me how to fix it!!! and whats wrong as well. :( :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

seems like the PS2 motor has seen the last of its days, if you still have the guarantee for your PS2 then return it to sony and they will repair or send you a new one....

if your guarantee has expired, phone the sony hotline and explain your situation, they will give you a price for repair, which is usually about £80 here in the UK....

but if you have opened your PS2, then there really is nothing you can do since the machine automatically becomes void....

[color=royalblue]A lot of PS2 machines have this "clicky" problem...I don't think it's a major thing.

As for Cowboy Bebop...get used to it. PS2's laser is of inferior quality and you'll find that with extended use, less and less DVD movies will work properly. This is also related to the machine's poor DVD drivers.

You can try to get it fixed...but I doubt there is much that can be done.[/color]

I'm not sure if this'll work or not...but try turning the "Diagnostics" on before you play...I think it tries to adjust itself to the DVD. I had a problem like that with my old DVD-ROM drive for my PC...I couldn't explain it but after a while, it stopped...

The positioning of the PS2 might help...try using it Vertically or horizontally...

Well, I had this problem also. I called in and they told me to switch "Diagnostics" on, I did that and did everything he said, but nothing worked. I had to send mine in, even though it was over 6 months (I couldve swore it was a 1 year warranty) they are going to do it for free anyway. :) I still have to pay for shipping though *sobs*