Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Simple contact can be made,
And in that single touch,
A world can come undone,
Memories can flood your mind.

Eternal rest is withlaid,
A little can become so much,
A crippled boy can run,
And fast thoughts can fall behind.

A tortoise can run at it's own pace,
A man can sing without any fear,
A child can make a full-grown choice,
A steel wall can become dust.

A man can forget about ethnic race,
An ice cube, flames can sear
A mute man can sing with his own voice,
And wooden walls can start to rust.

The Titanic can rise from its watery grave,
The willow can lift its gloomy head.
The wind can stop it's fierce cry
The mountains, they can be bent.

A madman can stop his unending rave,
The fine print is finally read.
All these events can roll on by,
All in the touch of a single moment.
Posted
[color=red][size=1]Rhyming [i]pattern[/i]? Anyone care to elaborate about the ABCD...stuff? Great poem, Fox! Good job![/color][/size]
Posted
I make the first line of the paragraph rhyme with the first line of the next one, the second with the second, and so forth. That's the
A
b
c
d

a
b
c
d

e
f
g
h

e
f
g
h

Get it now?
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]Why do people get hung up on rhyming? A poem is an expression from the the inner wellspring we call psyche, or soul, or whatever, not apndering to some conventions laid down by some guy who never knew passionate emotion in his life. Egad. Anyway, nice idea to make a poem out of the line "a single instant, can stop an entire lifetime".[/font][/color]
Posted
Well john you asked me to poste what I think. Here it is.
I agree with harquline on ryhming, but I also know thta poem was with feeling and depth. I think mainly me more than anyone understand the basis and meaning of the poem. Heh.. John, later, tell me if I'm right.
Posted
Damn straight you're right. Hell, I think you're the only person that understands ME! And I wrote this along the lines of "A single touch can create a whole new world" though Harlequin's line IS in there, too. Thanks for the praise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...