Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
The months before this game thats was the showcase of the immortals I was anticipating the release. I had heard alot of rumors and when I got the game all of them were true.
CAW Mode isn't great in fact it plain sux
No Season mode- While not something that I care about it would make me play it just a lil bit more.
No being able to defend titles in exhibition is one of the biggest things for me that and a good CAW and selling of moves.
WMX8 does only one of these and that is that there is some selling of moves, so I can actually win a match by just beating my opponent with a chair or other weapons.
While this may be a small thing its stil something I will point out that when you make someone submit you should see them tap not having some guy say SUBMIT.
Not being able to edit existing wrestlers is another thing because now that Hogan isn't in the NWO I want to make him red and yellow but I can't do that unless I want to create a cheap one in the CHEAP CAW.
THQ/Yukes has really disappointed Nintendo wrestling fans with this title and hopefully thwy will correct all these problems in the next title they come out with.
Posted
Well The third Smackdown title is coming out for Ps2, and I could imagine there would be a Raw2 for Xbox. But what about Gc????? Hopefully there will be a new wrestling title by the holidays?

Hopefully not a crappy PPv title, maybe a Heat, or Velocity title?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schratn9 [/i]
[B]Well The third Smackdown title is coming out for Ps2 [/B][/QUOTE]

I said the third Smackdown title, by the holidays not the forth. It is called World Wrestling Smackdown!: Shut your mouth....

And do you have proff of Raw2 coming out by next year?
Posted
Yeah WMX8 is a huge dissapointment. Yukes was in charge of it, that's a big reason. I dislike the arcadey beat em up style for wrestling games. They need to be like No Mercy. You can use many styles of grapples and punches in that game. Like you said the CAW sucks. It felt like they barely worked on it. There aren't that many options, and you can barely create anyone you want too. No Pay Per View is a big draw back. Sometimes when Im bored I just set up a pay per view and see how it turns out, but you cant in this game. Defending titles is a big part of the replay value! The mayhem is pretty fun, but it's only fun in multiplayer. No Mercy with some updated modes, graphics and rosters would have suited me. AKI should be involved with the next one.
Posted
Yes YES all those qualities are very important Create a PPV and Defending titles give good replay value. Well then then I doubt AKI will be doing the new one I think YUKES is okay and they can do it if they try but we will have to wait and see.
Posted
I buy Wrestling games for the CAW and creativeness for I'm not a hardcore wrestling fan, So WMX8 was a huge dissapointment for me. Now I'm waiting for the modem, PSO E1nE2, and CVSS2:EO
Posted
Yeah maybe they will town it down just a lil bit but from movies that I have seen of it, it doesn't look like it will but still as long as it has these
1.defending titles in exhibition
2,.selling of moves (Smackdown never seems to do this that well but i wil have to see.
3.good CAW(SD4 has this for sure)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]Yeah maybe they will town it down just a lil bit but from movies that I have seen of it, it doesn't look like it will but still as long as it has these
1.defending titles in exhibition
2,.selling of moves (Smackdown never seems to do this that well but i wil have to see.
3.good CAW(SD4 has this for sure) [/B][/QUOTE]

town it down, eh?! wtf ooohhh tone it down, just yankin your chain, thanks for the info.
Posted
Also another WWEx8 thing that was missing besides alot of wrestlers (hardcore holly, X-Pac,Rey mysterio Jr.)

Thers no six man tag, backstage matches, Three hell in the cell cages and you could'nt jump from a ladder inside the ring to the outside or vice versa.

CAW was bad with not enough moves or entrance music.
Also the fighting music sounds like something I heard on an elevater.

The only thing keeps me on this game is multiplayer and battle for the belts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...