OtakuBoards

Bad, Bad, Bad, Dubber names

~*Anime Girl*~

The worst has become true, the horrid names on the toys are what's real and I'm extremely disappointed.. I was hoping for something decent this time..

Takato Matsuda's English Name is Takato Matsuki, and instead of age 10, he is 13.
Jenrya Lee's English Name is Henry Wong, he is also 13 instead of ten. I'm going to jump off a cliff, what a horrible name
Ruki Makino's English name is Rika Nonaka and she is also 13.
What useless changes.. Henry Wong.. What was wrong with having Henry Lee? Takato Matsuki? Matsuda..
Ruki's name is just....

Sorry I'm just so disappointed!
You can see more at digimon.com...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~*Anime Girl*~ [/i]
[B]This is just showing people how bad dubbed names can be, if you have any more, post them here, I have a few more from cardcaptor Sakura

Syaoron Li--dubbed into--->Li Showron
Suppi-chan/SpinelSun--dubbed into--->Spinny?!?! [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] No offence, but I (and probably alot of others too) Don't really care about dubbed names....[/color]

[B]Some of them are very bad though [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] I know, but don't dwell on it. Think of good things about S3.....Good things.....*echo's* ....Good things...;) [/color]

[B]OKay then, so nobody agrees with me [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] I agree that the names are bad, but don't let a couple of stupid dubbed names ruin ur life. Think positive.:D [/color]

[B]Its not ruining my life, im just saying, why cant they keep the average japenese names? [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] It's messed, I know, but thatz the way things are, learn to accept that.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Americans are affraid of anything Japanese unless severly Americanized, which is why they changed the names.... God forbid we hear a Japanese name on American TV... all the little kiddies might be scared for life.... [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] I know what u mean. I actually like Japanese names, they sound cool. Well, i'm not American, so maybe thatz why I like them....I dunno:confused: [/color]