Guest Solid Snake Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [color=teal]Well, I finally got around to making myself a new banner, somewhat based off my old one. I hope you guys like it. The people at FFR think it sucks, but at least I got better in the few days I've been there. Try to enjoy it, and don't be too harsh, lol.[/color] [img]http://dg369.250free.com/Solid%20Snake72.gif[/img] :blah:
projekt_navi Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 very nice!! I like the design and font of your banner! may i ask where you got the font from? also, my new banner is at my sig, what do you think of it solid? later :D
Corey Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 Your good talent must be seeping into your bloodstream. That's the only reason I can find to justify your godly banner abilities. Each and everyone of your Snake banners has been great. 9/10
PiroMunkie Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [color=indigo]Very nicely done. :) Nice, clean, sharp, too the point, and well organized. No problems here. :)[/color]
Guest Solid Snake Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkOrderKnight [/i] [B]Your good talent must be seeping into your bloodstream. That's the only reason I can find to justify your godly banner abilities. Each and everyone of your Snake banners has been great. 9/10 [/B][/QUOTE] [color=teal]Deep, man, very deep. ;) Projekt_navi, I can't see your banner, hence, I can't judge it, lol. I can't remember exactly where I got the fonts; I had a friend give me the URL. But the font of my s/n is called Zero Degrees, and the one for the bitmat font is called 04b_03b. I'll look for the URL for you, though.[/color] :blah:
BabyGirl Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [color=deeppink]Solid Snake, I really like that banner ^__^ I think I prefer it because the color is something I'm not used to seeing in banners around here, and it's a color I'm rather partial to. I also like the simplicity and the boldness...overall it's wonderful :)[/color]
No-Name Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 It's great. Better than your last solid snake banner. You are very good at making banners. My I also inquire to the name of the solid snake font? 9.5/10 cuz nothings perfect
Guest Solid Snake Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B][color=deeppink]the simplicity and the boldness...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=teal]Don't remind me of that word, lol. Simplicity: the type of banner that gets rated a "1/70" at FFR, lol. From a distance, it may seem simplistic, but when you look closely, there is a complex background with four different pictures of Solid Snake, aka Waldo. Find Waldo! And No-Name, if you were asking about the font, I already answered it in my preview post. It's called Zero Degrees.[/color] :blah:
PrettygurlRei Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 hey not bad.... Those people at FFr really dont know how to judge banners. Yours is pretty good.
Shinobi Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 Dang man! i was shocked at that, my lord thats sweet! i love it! well done! and what is this FFR?
Psychotik Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 great banner, the people at ffr are mad Reverence_out>>
BabyGirl Posted August 5, 2002 Posted August 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i] [B] [color=teal]Don't remind me of that word, lol. Simplicity: the type of banner that gets rated a "1/70" at FFR, lol. From a distance, it may seem simplistic, but when you look closely, there is a complex background with four different pictures of Solid Snake, aka Waldo. [/B][/QUOTE][/color] [color=deeppink]:rolleyes: Simplicity almost [i]always[/i] looks better. I'm not talking about simplicity as in how long it took you to make or how complicated it is, I'm just saying that it looks simplistic and non-cluttered which I really like.[/color]
Kinetic Posted August 6, 2002 Posted August 6, 2002 [color=darkblue] Yet again, you amaze me with another banner SS :) I didn't notice the pictures in the background until you mentioned them, and they are a good transparency. The fonts are great as well, and the small font, that makes it looks high-tech was done very nicely. The only suggestion I would make, is that the brackets outside the 'high-tech' looking font might be bigger, just a personal opinion, though. Very nice :) [/color]
Kinetic Posted August 6, 2002 Posted August 6, 2002 [color=darkblue] Even if you [i]were[/i] posting in the banner request thread, that's what this forum is for. To show people your work, and to be critiqued. Anyway, what's that small font?! The one that says "Junior Member", "Info", "Otakuboards", etc...I need to find a font like that, but if you don't feel like letting go of it, I don't mind :p Herman doesn't want to let go of his, lol. *edit* Sorry for the double-post, the guy I was talking to deleted his, so it looks like I'm just double-posting, and talking to the purple people :p [/color]
No-Name Posted August 6, 2002 Posted August 6, 2002 It's called 04_3b or something. you can download it off my old gfx site: [url]www.thejumpstart.cjb.net[/url]
Kinetic Posted August 6, 2002 Posted August 6, 2002 [color=darkblue] Hey, very nice fonts ;) I like over half of them, especially "Assimilate", or whatever it's called. Thanks again. [/color]
No-Name Posted August 6, 2002 Posted August 6, 2002 thanks. when i look back at it, i cant believe how far ive come in 4 months. I still check my own tutorials when i forget how to do them lol. And i direct people to it when they need some cool fonts.
Mitch Posted August 6, 2002 Posted August 6, 2002 [size=1][color=red]Simplicity [i]is[/i] a good thing for banners. That's what makes so many diffrent banners be able to say little, yet say so much. That's why I really like this banner 8.5/10.[/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now