Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Dubbed DBZ not televised?


Recommended Posts

Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[color=teal]For those of you who visit theOtaku.com, and even some of you who don't, you would know that there is a rumor going around that the last 14 episodes of Dragonball Z may not be aired on Toonami.

Personally, I couldn't take it if I had to wait another whole year just to watch 14 episodes. What is probably going to happen is that FUNImation is going to try to get you to buy those last 14 episodes, so even fans who tape record all of them will have to give in.

I don't want this to turn into a thread bashing FUNI or dubbed dbz. I was just wondering how many of you have heard about this, and what you think.[/color]

:blah:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]For those of you who visit theOtaku.com, and even some of you who don't, you would know that there is a rumor going around that the last 14 episodes of Dragonball Z may not be aired on Toonami.

Personally, I couldn't take it if I had to wait another whole year just to watch 14 episodes. What is probably going to happen is that FUNImation is going to try to get you to buy those last 14 episodes, so even fans who tape record all of them will have to give in.

I don't want this to turn into a thread bashing FUNI or dubbed dbz. I was just wondering how many of you have heard about this, and what you think.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes unfortunatley the rumors are true. The last 14 episodes will not air this season. Man, it sucks big time. The second heard about it, I bought the whole series subbed. ;) So, I still get to see them. In fact I already did. :p
Posted
[color=red][b]They will prolly still come out on tape. The fusions saga is already out. with ssj3 gotenks, mystic gohan, super buu...[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]They will prolly still come out on tape. The fusions saga is already out. with ssj3 gotenks, mystic gohan, super buu...[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, of course but then you have to go and buy them instead of simply coming home from school everyday and relaxing in front of the t.v. for free. :) If you do buy the tapes, just go all out and buy the subs, much better I tell you! :p
Posted
Surely it wouldn't hurt to play 14 measly epsiodes before playing the entire thing again. I thought it sucked we have to wait another year over here already to get back to Final Antonement (where we decided to repeats again) why do the always have to muck around with DBZ? and not play it like it should be played? this just makes me mad. :flaming: VERY mad
Posted
I'm not worried about the last 14 episodes, I haven't even seen the new ones yet. I think they were showing them in the US first and we Aussies have to wait longer. I'm about to go out of my mind watching old episodes:flaming:
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I really couldn't care less about the situation, I saw the show long ago and don't wish to see the terrible dubbed version again [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Hence why I specifically noted that I didn't want this to become a thread for bashing dubbed dbz. ;)

Anyway, I believe that Toonami really could have shown the last 14 episodes; it would have been around the number that they played the last season. Ah, well, it seems that every season, they come out with less episodes, 12 being their all time low. But as Transtic pointed out, it's all buisness to them, they don't care about us at all, just our money (duh).

I'll probably either buy the subs off a net auction, or download the rest of the episodes. I'm not wasting my money like those other times. ::looks to 29 dubbed tapes::[/color]

:blah:
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]i forgot to check about when this topic got started, but i have been seeing the commercials for the rest of it to begin on sept. 16th, i think. but maybe you guys are talking about something completely different.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]i forgot to check about when this topic got started, but i have been seeing the commercials for the rest of it to begin on sept. 16th, i think. but maybe you guys are talking about something completely different.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

They mean that the new season of episodes starting the 16th will go till 19 episodes before the last episode of DBZ. Meaning people will have to wait another year for the last measly 19 episodes of Z. Just like FUNImation to screw over their loyal viewers.
Posted
I'm wondering if this was such a good idea. On one hand, their tape/DVD sales will increase. On the other hand, I see Cartoon Network's ratings for DBZ dropping drastically. If the folks at Toonami want to stretch this incomplete season out, they might want to start showing new episodes weekly, instead of twice a day like last time.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]why are they doing this crap.

i don't have the money to go out & buy videos! i need [i]food[/i] & stuff. & my computer royally [i]sucks[/i] so there's no way i can watch it there, it would probably take like 3 days to DL 5 minutes of 1 episode.

i'll probably [i]never[/i] see all of dbz! probably none of gt either, i still haven't seen that even once.

sorry, i had to rant for a few minutes.[/COLOR]
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]why are they doing this crap.

i don't have the money to go out & buy videos! i need [i]food[/i] & stuff. & my computer royally [i]sucks[/i] so there's no way i can watch it there, it would probably take like 3 days to DL 5 minutes of 1 episode.

i'll probably [i]never[/i] see all of dbz! probably none of gt either, i still haven't seen that even once.

sorry, i had to rant for a few minutes.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]I suppose a last ditch attempt would be to force your friends into getting them or downloading them. [b]FORCE[/b].

That is all.[/color]

:blah:
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]I just heard that FUNimation plans to show the last few episodes in the [b]spring[/b] of 2003, not the fall like some of us had feared. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]And here I was thinking they were never going to show it on TV. ;)

I thought that it was obvious that it wouln't be shown next fall. I remember about a year ago, on OtakuBoards, we had a discussion relating to the airing of DBGT (Grand Tour). In the end, we came to the conclusion that it would be shown in the fall of 2003. Hence, Toonami would want to get the rest of the series out of the way before then, lol.

Unfortuanetly, FUNI has taken it upon themselves to forcefully dub DBGT perhaps even further than DBZ. They actually had the [i]nerve[/i] to change Bra's name, as they did to Mr. Satan.[/color]

:blah:
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowdramon [/i]
[B]Well its obvious they would do that. Is there any word as to what she will be called in America yet? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Bah, Bra was a great name!

Anyway, I know that they do have a name lined up for the dubbed, but I just can't think of it right now.[/color]

:blah:
Posted
It goes with the joke of "Bulma's family named after underwear" Now they have to change it even though by 7 (the target age for US DBZ) kids should know what a Bra is for. How weird can FUNI and US censors get?
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]okay, now this is really crossing the line.

one of the many great things about dbz is toriyama's sense of humor, & the name associations are priceless. now they're ruining that too.[/COLOR]
Posted
Geez, what's the use of having the underwear joke with Bulma's family if you're going to change their names?! And what the hell is wrong with the name Bra anyway? It's no different to the name Trunks, or Briefs. I don't see why they had to change Mr Satan's name. It's not like kids are going to become devil worshipers because some guys name is Mr Satan.

Ok, I've had my rant
Posted
I hope if they change her name, it's changed into some kind of a "heard it differently" name like Bura. Sure, everyone likes to go with "Bra," but "Bura" would be just as valid (especially considering Bulma's name used to be Buruma).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...