Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey Everyone, I know there was a thread on v.5 but since it's gone I thought Id bring it back. Whats going on with the ONline plans for gc. Last I heard the 56k modem was coming out late September and the broadband in October? Correct me if im wrong....
Posted
In Japan the 56k modem and PSO are already out, with the broadband adapter coming out soon after. I'm not sure what the offical date is in the US, but [url]www.ebgames.com[/url] has the date set at October 24th for both.
Posted
Well for DC yeah...

But on GC you are given the option to choose between Version 1 or Version 2 when you start up. There are differences in levels and such between the two. I'm not sure of the exact details as I don't own it, but I believe Gamespot put up a pretty favorable hands-on a day or so ago.
Posted
SEGA hasn't announced the US pricing last I heard. In Japan it's only like 5 bucks a month, which is cheap for this type of game. Last I heard SEGA was thinking about doing it free for the US, but somehow I doubt that.

I think PSO v2 on DC was like 15 bucks for 3 months here or something like that. It wasn't too bad.
Posted
[color=indigo]Somehow I really doubt that all online games on the GCN are going to be free. I'm not sure if Nintendo will charge for online games that they make, but other companies could charge a fee for their games.[/color]
Posted
In a recent interview with Miyamoto, he said that many online games are in the works for next year. However, he didn't say any names.

Oh, and PSO's Episode 2 isn't Version 2:

Episode I is essentially a "Version 3", since it's version 2 with a few more extras.

Episode 2 is a full new game, with new levels, quests, ect.


By the way...[B]I've got dibs on the PSO preview thread![/B]
Posted
Lol ok SMokey, I just was on Pgc and the said that the broadband and 56k modemas are now moved back to q4. There not sure of dates, But hery said it should be arouns Pso's us realese
Posted
[SIZE=1]Phantasy Star Online! I'm definetley going to purchase this game. Sounds great, especially steering away from the Dreamcast era. Oh the good ole days.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I hope the modem's ALOT more cheaper than the online equipment for the PS2, oh well, either way I'll have to save and buy if I want to understand the true quality of PSO.[/SIZE]
Posted
[b]Phantasy Star Online v2 in the UK let you pick your own ISP..

So far I have heard that all GC online gaming is going to be free in England, I don't know about the US though. I'm guessing the reason for it being free in the UK is due to the fact that our government is making a huge push to get all people online with broadband internet access by 2006, and games companies have taken note that most English people are reluctant to pay more for internet services than they already have to.[/b]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...