OtakuBoards

the face of metal(and music in general for that matter) today

treton_noir

I've never heard the White Stripes before, but they sound like a love or hate band. A lot of people have the same complaints about the Pixies, which are one of my favorite bands.

At first the Pixies sound like crap, barring a few songs... But they grow on you, and I quickly found myself buying all their CDs and loving every single song they put out. They all know how to play their instruments, but it's like they want to [i]not[/i] play them well on purpose. Seperately it would sound like horrible noise, but when they get together it somehow works.

I dunno if that's how the White Stripes are but whatever. There are plenty of 2 people bands that are amazing, I would never use that as an excuse. I believe Curve is only made of 2 main members... and if I recall correctly 12 Rounds is as well (maybe 3). They are both excellent.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by treton_noir [/i]
[B]oh, and the term you meant is "emo" not "imo". i hate classifications. [/B][/QUOTE]

Uhhhhm no, "imo" means "in my opinion". Doik. ::thumps Ryan in the forehead:: And I know what emo is, and I don't think The Strokes is emo in the first place. I don't think they're *any* kind of music except the kind I would use for a frisbee.

sorry... ouch:blackeye:

hey, now that anna knocked my brain working again, everybody should get saves the day's new album, "stay what you are". its got kinda morbid/ kinda funny lyrics with some groovin up beat riffage kinda sound.
rock out like some psycho crazy panda slappin, fruit tastin, albino rabid crazed weasels. oh yeah!

Those links in my sig are to band sites, most of which it seems no one knows lol (obviously NIN and to an extent Cibo Matto are the exceptions). I love all of them to varying degrees. They are all pretty different from eachother in terms of genre/style.

I also like this band called Dog Fashion Disco which no one knows, but it's probably because their CDs are near impossible to find. Same with Orbit... I never see their stuff at stores anywhere around here. I can hardly find their stuff online either.

I'm always surprised by how few people know Pixies, Cure or The Tea Party... I think they are all worth checking out.

You are quite lucky the Harlequin isn't here. His favourite band is the Tea Party, and if he were here he wouldn't shuttup about how good they are. Yeah, I don't mind them. They have a strange variation of styles that they play. I can't stand Tangets, I think that's the name of the album, but it's too, gypsy (Spelling?) for me.

Sorry Asuka, but I haven't heard of them, but from what music you've said you like, they can't be too bad. Do you have any songs that I should look into?
Semjaza I like Cathargic(Sp?) by the Tea Party, and I don't mind Heaven coming down, that's a cool song aswell. Other then that, I don't really like them.
The Cure, I have heard one or two of their songs, and they're pretty good.

I peronally haven't gotten their newest CD, which I believe is the one that has Cathartic on it. I've downloaded a few songs though... pretty good CD. Getting new Tea Party stuff is tough over here lol.

Checkout the songs Army Ants, Touch, Transmission. Psychcopomp, The River, The Bazaar or Interzone... Sounds like those might be more your style, but I could be wrong :).

Mindless Self Indulgence is pretty cool. I don't know how I'd describe them to someone. They are kind of like Korn mixed with a sped up Thrill Kill Kult (if anyone here even knows who they are lol) and other random groups. It's kind of bizarre at times, but that's part of what makes it good. I like Royally F--cked, Unsociable, Apple Country (a lot for some strange reason) and some other ones with names I probably shouldn't type here lol. I am sure most people don't know them because well, really... few of their songs are radio friendly lol.

The Cure have been around for like decades... All their stuff is pretty good. I'd recommend checking out whatever is on their Greatest Hits CD along with their LP before that, Bloodflowers (none of Bloodflowers is included on the Greatest Hits).

Ah sounds good. Does anyone here like Jeff Buckley, I have recently been listening to nothing but him, and it's absolutely perfect. So is it just me or does someone else beleive that Buckley is amazing?
While we're on the topic of music people here like, my favourite bands are as follows:
Radiohead, Tool, RHCP, Jeff Buckley, Smashing Pumpkins and Powderfinger. There are heaps of other bands that I listen to, but most that I don't have albums of.
I imagine most people would have heard of those bands though?

• 2 weeks later...
i think some of this new NOT WAIT.......NONE of this music holds a freakin candle or even lighter to old stuff. Before music actually was about something, not its a bunch of whiny babies complaining about being picked on and how their mommies don't love them. What the ****! Jesus freakin Christ! You think they would finally say hey ya know what? I have a guitar i think ill write about how i saved up all my nickels and dimes to get it. Or maybe like how they are rebels or heck i'll even take music about killing a person. But StainD and all those retards who have nothing else to write about need to get a life. Which is why i turn to j-rock now , if not for the sake of change.

Old bands are doing the same things. Their are plenty of older bands that have gone commercial as well. Ozzy and Aerosmith come to mind pretty quick. You can't really listen to metal anymore without hearing about those topics you mentioned...lol.

the raddest unheard of band is wesley willis. he has released something like 15 albums and a good 90% of the songs have the same music, just played at a different speed. he has a casio keyboard with a factory pre-programmed beat and just talks while the music is playing. (two side notes- 1.wesley willis is a little "off" and is serious about his music. his stuff is hilarious but he thinks hes a big rock star. 2.wesley willis used to have a back up band called the wesley willis fiasco. the guitar player was previously in a band with billy corgan (smashing pumpkins.) he ends most of his songs by saying, "rock over london! rock on chicago!" then a company's name and slogan. he is rad daddy. check it out.