Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm barely two hours into the game and I have already finished six missions.
Am I going to be dissapointed and beat the game before my fifth hour?
Posted
I forget how many missions the game contains... But like most Capcom games of this sort, it's REALLY short. I found the game rather easy and repetitve as well, but that's me heh.
Posted
I also found the game to be rather repetitive. The game was about as long as the Resident Evil titles. I, myself, beat it in a little over six hours, lol.

I haven't played it since I beat it. Capcom really should have spiced the game up with more exciting extra features.

I'm anxious to see how Devil May Cry 2 will address these flaws. By offering another playable character, they've taken the first step.
Posted
Well, my friend was complaing how damn hard it was (awhile ago, prolly 4 months) so I went over and started a new game. At around the 2nd boss you get to pick Easy or Hard. He had picked hard which is why it was taking him so long. When I went to easy we cruised through the game. Are you set on easy or hard?
Posted
I thought it was pretty fun actually. The repetion was there, but that was taken out with the cool techno music during battles. Oh yeah and the sounds of chopping into the puppets was awesome, blood guts and **** all over the place. :devil:
Posted
[b]I thought Devil May Cry was quite good, although I must admit it was rather short. It was more like playing the "cool" part in an action movie repetitively, level after level. The bosses were very cool though, except for the final boss. I think Capcom fell asleep on that one..[/b]
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
Devil May Cry is a class game, i have beat the game a few times and it as 21 missions in all. at the moment i am doing the Game in Dante must Die mode. I am looking forward to the sequel as Dante as a new look, the game is twice as long and there is also maytrix style fighting. I am also curious about the new character.
Posted
[color=royalblue]This game is easy...and very short. And when I think about it, quite boring too.

I really feel that this game was overrated from the start. The story is pretty poor...the gameplay is okay (but the fixed camera angles are really a bad choice for this sort of game, because it is more reliant on action than puzzle solving).

So eh, I don't know. I must admit, I think I regret buying it. It was nice the first time though...and it had some fantastic moments. But overall, it was a relatively dull experience.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I must admit, I think I regret buying it.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

It was given to me as a gift though.
Posted
[color=red] I found the gameplay is the only thing that made this game worth anything. I mean, the story was worse than, than...a really bad game :p Anyways, it was way to easy on easy, and a tad to challenging on hard for me. It had its intuitive ideas, but all in all it was a waste of time for me if I were to compare it to my other video gaming experiences.[/color]
Posted
True...I enjoyed the first couple hours...until I beat Dante Must Die mode, then it just got really easy from that point on. It didn't have much going for the storyline...it's a lot like Zone of the Enders...great new style of gameplay, but not enough substance to make a lasting impression. Not to mention the corny lines...
Posted
Well I beat it in about 4 1/2 hours.
I agree with Elite, the last boss was far to easy...
I almost let myself get into the red just to make it more interesting.
Posted
Well, the second Devil May Cry is looking most impressive.

The new producer, Tsuyoshi Tanaka, seems to have many interesting variations in store for the formula. The most exciting aspect is the ability to play a seperate quest as the female ninja. Similar in concept to Resident Evil, this option should boost the replay value up a notch. Take into account the increased number of bosses and self adjusting difficutly, and the variation is quite a step up.

Some of the new moves look badass as well. Like, being able to run up walls. Plus, Dante now has more freedom with his guns. For instance, he can shoot an enemy in front of him with one gun, and an enemy behing him with the other. Cool stuff.

I just can't believe that they've found a way to make this game run in double the resolution as its predecessor. That's quite an accomplishment in and of itself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...