OtakuBoards

Moderation

Mnemolth

I'm gonna vent here because James decided to lock up my thread.

I don't think the thread should be closed because it was actually a positive exercise. It asked posters to list GOOD things about people they did not like.

And I specifically told people not to mention names so that flame wars wouldn't erupt.

I did anticipate that people would be guessing who the posters are talking about, but I figured no one would be silly enough to actually broadcast that in public, after all I DID SAY NO NAMES.

I did not anticipate that people would actually completely ignore my post and reply before actually reading.

If people are breaking the rules on a thread, then their posts should be deleted and/or those people warned. In my opinion its unfair to lock up the thread for breaches of the very rules of that thread itself!

If people are hijacking a thread and taking it somewhere outside the rules, then maybe the mods should take back control of the thread and remind people of the rules. But to close the thread down would be to punish those people who actually abide by the rules, and reduce their choice of whether to participate in that thread or not.

That's all folks! :D

[color=royalblue]I understand your complaint. And I also understand the original nature of the thread.

However, there are two things to consider:

1) Many people will be able to guess who is "disliked". This can only lead to a more negative tone on the boards.

2) The thread is inevitably going to attract unwanted discussion...regardless of what the intentions are. Even people who start out with the right intentions may end up posting something that they shouldn't have, because the discussion might move in that direction.

So, yeah...I can understand your original intent. But I don't think that the thread is really necessary. The bad outweighs the good on this occasion.[/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Some people don't like eachother on the boards. It isn't really much of a secret James, lol.

I know that people would be able to figure out who others dislike, but that could be a good thing. Say that I don't like Cera, if she knows that I don't like her then she might try to find out [i]why[/i] I don't like her. This could lead to some discussion between us and maybe even a friendship. I know that I have more than a few friends who I used to hate (IRL or elsewhere), but if I never spoke to them about the problems betwen us, then we would have never become such good friends.

And the point of the topic is to compliment the person you dislike, so I personally don't see why this couldn't be done in a mature manner. Just tell everyone that they are not allowed to guess who each person is talking about.

-Shy[/color][/size]

You might have had good intentions, but I don't think it's a good thing to have here. I wouldn't want to find out that everyone here disliked me, and I bet anything it would make a lot of people paranoid that people were referring to them.

I think it would have hurt more people than it would have helped.