Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
OK, I really made this for one member in particular (you know who you are! ;)), but I thought I'd share this for the valuable input I can always get here.

This is a concept art sketch I did of Fenrir (a wind/earth elemental Wolf Summon seen in FFix and other FFs). If you are wondering why Fenrir has nine tails, it is NOT, I repeat NOT some sort of sick and twisted Poké/Digimon reference; rather, it is a reference to the kitsune (and Digipeeps of old should know what I am talking about). Kitsunes are wise, nine tailed foxes (sometimes pictured as wolves) that can leap into dimensional tears at will, where time flows at their preferred rate. Nifty.

Anyways, Fenrir/Kitsune (unsure which I want to call it) is going to be a forest green, with the leaves being varying hues of green. The jagged edges on the ankles and tails are a very light green, almost white; the feet and tail tips black.

So, in rating this sketch, and along with the usual commentary, I want to know the following:
--what should I fix? (I know I might need to fix the ankles/tail tips)
--how would you react if you saw this in your next FF game? (I can dream, can't I? ;))
Posted
That's a great pic Ginny, I'm getting better in my art. I've started to use circles to outline my characters body before I draw their true features. I found that I liked doing this when it had first started out as an experiment...

EDIT- Sorry...I'm talking about myself again... I didn't mean to do that, but I just thought that I might be acting rude...talking too much...
Posted
OK, here we go, the color version of Fenrir/Kitsune. I don't like the full scale version, because I can see all the mistakes (including some colors I shouldn't have used), but the scaled down (even jpg'd) version, IMO, is nice.

Ignore the boy next to Fenrir/Kitsune. He's a WIP, left uncolored because I did NOT like how my coloring was going. And please do not steal Fenrir/Kitsune--this is a concept art I'm sorta kinda proud of. *wishes to goodness that SquareSoft would hire her, somehow, someway*
Posted
I've seen 9 tailed foxes in mythological stories, but I'm not really familiar with Kitsune.

I really like the picture... I personally like the WIP character a lot, I hope you do something with it. I was just wondering what the significance of the vines and leaves on the animal are though.
Posted
I love them both, they look excelent! I wanna see Fernis coloured in He looks so cute ^_^ I reckon he'd be perfect as Fenrir/Kitsune's fayth after all they both have vines and stuff.
I love Fenrir/Kitsune's eyes (I'm a weird person atracted to eyes)
and as far as nameing him goes. . . I have no idea you could somehow cross both the names or something, like Fensune or something?
Posted
Here's Fenris colored up for all of you. I personally think I could have done better, but I'm not used to making up color schemes at all, so this is practice, I guess. :p
Posted
My next concept drawing: My version of Ifrit and "human".
Basically, I tossed Ifrit from several FFs and RedXiii from FF7 together, with a touch of fire stripes, and made Firas. Unlike other fire summons (which are almost always Ifrit), this fire summon is a female. I haven't thought of a name for the "human" yet.

When critiquing, please remember that this is a concept drawing, and that I feel really really sick right now, so this is *ugh* good for me right now...^_~
Posted
Sorry for the triple post, but I have yet another pic to show you along this theme (it was either this or make a new thread that'd probably be merged right back into this one :p).

Firas' "human"--I've tentatively named her Yuka Netsu, which is slaughtered Japanese for HellFire. I really really like how she turned out, too!
Posted
Those are great Ginny, I love the last one, the second one's good, and the first one is cute... I seem to like kitsunes for some reason...I guess I like animals with more than one tail...I drew a pic of Angelina Jolie I might post, but then again it would probanly be a waste of time...
Posted
*blows a sigh of whatever* Oh Janadou!

You know, I'm on a different computer tonight, and it's set to the 1080X800 bit--my piccies look a lot smaller...and cruddier. OK, FYI in future references, all my piccies are best seen with a 640X480 screen.
Posted
*blinks* *blinks a bit more* *continues to blink for quite some time*

Wow, seriously good stuff there GinnyLyn. My problem when it comes to art is that I really couldn't be bothered to perfect anything, :p

The colouring though is amazing...
Posted
I'm on mine tonight, but I had to get a new access number for AOL...I didn't know screen size mattered for pictures, or is that what you're talking about...If I learn in good order, I might be making a website of my own...but we'll have to see...If I have to pay I might not be able to...
Posted
Thankies, liamc2!
The only coloring job I really like is Yuka Netsu--she came out so easily!

Yeah, screen size matters. Hopefully, you can see it the way I do on my regular computer.
Posted
I love Yuka Netsu's clothes, they look excellent!
and the colurs of fernis are great *wants to snatch him up and hugle him*, your one of the few people I don't hate for drawing better than me. lol, I can'y wait to see an ice/water based concept drawing from you. Seeing as you've done the earth and fire elements
Posted
I actually have a water concept of a multi-dorsal finned Leviathan in the works. As for the ice one, I'm gonna leave it with Shiva. How could anyone improve on her? ^^
Posted
too true, Shiva is excellent.
well I can't wait to see your multi-dorsaled leviathan. I reckon it'd look great, how bout lightning? ooo I can just imagine a person with cool magical lightning bolts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...