Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You are all good at this.

But my problem is that you are all making me jealous.

I dont have the ability to put my drawings up on the boards, none the less, get them on my computer.

But on a side note, the other night while I was sitting in class I did a pic of faye and then right after it I did one of spike and although they are other peoples charactors and Im not really one too brag, I wish I could show you guys.

They were awesome, especially since I didnt cheat and look at anything. I mean, I know Im not the best, but these pics really do catch the feeling of each charactor.

considering I was in class and doing it all from the head, on top of the fact it was just random sketching on plain notebook paper; I felt awesome about the result.

damn I wish I could show you guys. arrgghhh!!!!!
Its driving me crazy because I will never get to validate what Ive said.

Im just gonna try to get some help with my prob. but unfortunatly, I dont have any friends to help me. oh well.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Thank you all, but I think that I still have LOOOOOTS to improve.

The girl is a caracter of mine, if you go to the section 'Poetry Fan fiction' on the boards I did put the first chapters of my story over there ( the name of the tread is 'Its forbidden to fall in love'), but as my english is very bad, I thing that it was confusing - specially because I was narrating a dream.....

Gotenks, If by any chance you live in Boston area, MA, I would probably have how to arrange a friend to scan the drawings for you... Although I also have the same problem hehe. Those drawings are from last year....

Here goes another one hehe, just to do not get out of the ordinary.
Posted
actually, looking at the picture isn't cheating. if i want to draw a character perfect, i need to see the pic. and it think its a good thing that youta wants to improve his pics. there's always room for self improvement. i have some pics in the art&design area, the thread is drawings. (very uncreative name) i have some more pics there!
Posted
I draw manga too. First I found quite dificult to draw eyes, but now I find them quite easy. Now I find very, very dificult drawing hands and folds in clothes. Hands because I always forget to draw them big . Folds ´cos sometimes I don´t know where to draw them. I need practise.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sandramaxwell06 [/i]
[B]actually, looking at the picture isn't cheating. if i want to draw a character perfect, i need to see the pic. and it think its a good thing that youta wants to improve his pics. there's always room for self improvement. i have some pics in the art&design area, the thread is drawings. (very uncreative name) i have some more pics there! [/B][/QUOTE]
I totally agree that looking at a pic isn't cheating. When people are watching me draw Dragonball Z pictures mirrored off a picture I printed out, they say that I'm tracing, but there is a HUGE difference. By tracing, you basically copy someone elses work. You need no skill, and you try to get credit for it. By looking at another picture, on the other hand, you can practice drawing detail and forming your own techniques. It takes a lot of skill and pacients even then, because you need to know exactly how to curve that certain line without tracing it.

Of course, your own work would be a lot more creative, but looking at a picture is the first step. You must get used to drawing anime before you go off and try to draw your own. I'm starting to draw on my own, but I had to start with years of practice and looking at other pictures. Lots of people forget that, and then when they try to draw on their own, they totally mess up.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest AnimeGurl
Posted
I can't really draw manga but i'm trying too. lol. to anime gurls...lol. :)
Posted
I find angles and difficult to pull off positions hard. hands used to be a problem for me before I started keeping a sketchbook full of hands and practiced hard. the hardest thing about drawing a comic thouh is placement, this would most likely be easy for someone who has great organization skills but not me! Guess I'll have to start and angles/position/comic practice book now...
Posted
I tottaly agree with Syk, i have drawn DBZ a long time too, now look at my own original work "Kagemusha" thx to DBZ i am developing my own style now, and just works out finely.

BTW Youta has an excellent style, luv it!:D
  • 1 year later...
Posted
well, well,

so much has happened. I wanna know what you guys think about the cover of the book I was selling at the animeboston this year...

If you guys like I'll send you more pic later, hehe


just let me know what do you think

see ya
Guest MangaFreak
Posted
i try to, i suck at hands! i mean how do people do it? i just try to find away to naturually hide them in some manner or fashion... but i rock at eyes! i've always been good at eyes, though i dont know why. i guess i just am. the other hardest part of drawing mangas for me is expressing there emotion in just the right way. i mean i think i need alot more practice. i have to say i do do a pretty good job but i want to be alot better. theres always room for improvement. i think im average at clothes and the folds and things but i could prabaly do ALOT better if i try. i think im too focused on getting the faces "just" right
Guest fangirlitis
Posted
[QUOTE=Rain][size=1][color=blue]Do many people on these boards draw manga? What do you find is the toughest part when drawing manga/anime characters? I can never get the folds in the clothes right. Clothes look crap without any folds in them, but they look worse when I try to put folds in them;). What does everyone else find is the hardest part of drawing manga?

BTW: I'm not sure whether this goes here or in the Art & Design forum so I don't mind if it's moved.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]


I'm fairly okay at drawing, but...I too, have the problem with clothes...But I've recently gotten better at hands and bodies with the help of a great artsist! I'm not giving away who, 'cause then you'll all pleague the dear child with questions and all sorts of junk...yeah, but one method I find that works is taking lots of pictures of things you have trouble drawing then drawing those pictures a few times a day until you feel they're good enough! I also just have someone just sit still so I can draw their hands or ears or even just their smiles...It helps quite a bit!

PS--YAY for you! GO JOHNEN VASQUEZ SUPPORTER! WOOT FOR YOU!!!
Posted
hmmm... I find the hardest part of drawing manga characters is creating original ones, like other people have mentioned. I can look at a picture and draw it freehand pretty well, but when it comes to making my own characters, it looks like a thrid graders drawing XD. i can do hands and everything fine if i have something to look at.

As for the hardest body part to draw... I would have to say legs. If you draw characters with pants, skirts,or dresses on its not that hard, but bare legs (and dont take that the wrong way) are hard to draw. theyre either too short, too long, too fat, too skinny etc.
Posted
My problem usually is consistancy. I can draw a fantastic picture, but I will never be able to draw it again. I have many different weak points. Mostly hands and folds. Plus, I have really shaky hands (my own), so my lines tend to look wierd, and makes inking a freaking pain in the ***. But mostly hands and folds. Im teaching myself to overcome that problem though, and have gotten better at the hands. As for folds... :nope:
Guest Vahn Grave
Posted
The hardest thing for me is to draw folds in clothes, giving characters an evil look more than once and not thinking of how to proportion, but, I'm gonna make a manga with my friend called cowboys from hell. :D
Posted
[SIZE=1]It's a well done picture. I can never draw something like that. I'm bad with angles and positions and the proportions too (a little bit). And i'm also working on the hands. -.-';
But i'm okay at drawing. [/SIZE]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I thouroughly enjoy drawing mana characters and drawing things in general but all my characters have a major problem they lack personality I mean when you ook and a great peice of art real or surreal you can pick out what their personalities are like just by looking at them mine all look like mass murderers.
Posted
here is another drawing:

Hope you guys liked it.

It's a character for a story I'm developing, wich is gonna be medieval and at the same time, futuristic.The first character is the princess of the story around whom the story will occur, and the second one is an archerand I can't tell anything else about him otherwise I would spoil the story.
Posted
I am good at drawing faces,but no that good at hands.Also the problem with me I can't draw poses from my head that good.I would have to look off a picture.I am only good at drawing my character in different angles.I am going to have to keep drawing poses and hands for a while untill I perfect it.Also sometimes I have trouble posting 2 eyes perfectly aligned :confused: .Also Youta that is a great drawing! ;)
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
[QUOTE=youta moteuchi]here is another drawing:
Hope you guys liked it.
It's a character for a story I'm developing, wich is gonna be medieval and at the same time, futuristic.The first character is the princess of the story around whom the story will occur, and the second one is an archerand I can't tell anything else about him otherwise I would spoil the story.[/QUOTE]

If I could offer a suggestion, I think that it's not a good design decision to not draw characters' noses altogether. While the anime style sometimes doesn't have them, it's usually for very baby-ish faces and when there's an overall lack of detail (e.g. when characters are in the distance). It looks really strange and inhuman for a character to lack a nose when you see him/her from the front in a close-up shot. At least put in something like Fujishima's "triangle" noses, lol.
Posted
I sometimes draw manga, and I hate drawing hands, but I'm good at faces and muscles and arms. Manga is fun to draw, but it takes much practice. I still need more practice, *goes off to practice manga*

-Ares:)
Guest golfcart_pirate
Posted
I absolutley hate to draw hands and feet. I can draw hair shirts and all that other crap just fine but hands, feet and eyes are evil!!! :devil:
Posted
I reallly hate inking them in they always look like twisted shoujo characters.
I really hate drawing male charcters my scetch pad is full of beautiful women and very ugly men.
Posted
I think the hardest thing to draw would be would be shoes and feet. Sometimes when i used to draw shoes...it would ALWAYZ look like they're standing on their toes..lol. Kinda like how Akira Toriyama draws his feet in DBZ it annoys me when they look like they're standing on their toes. I would say the part of drawing manga i'm the best at would be from the head....down to the ankles. I absoulutely LOVE drawing hair and expressions. Hands are pretty easy..once you practice a couple hundred times.. ^-^' Other than that, ..... I'm satisfied with my drawings!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...