Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
yeah, it is funny, like when the edited out the gun pointed at pegasus' head by bandit keith and made it a finger...classic


there really is no good reason to edit out the guns, because yu-gi-oh! is for everyone in japan too... i dunno, we're just a weird country O.o
Posted
It's pretty wierd why they edit guns in Yu-gi-oh. Many other shows that are TV-Y7 are allowed to show guns. G Gundam has shown guns quite frequently in the episodes shown on Toonami. 4Kids edits their shows too much just to make it kid friendly. It's a shame how much they're editing the show.
Guest Pegasus' son
Posted
oh yeah...... they are protective.they edit the cars to THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CARDS!!!!!!!!!
Posted
I never noticed that there aren't any guns in Yu-Gi-Oh. Didn't the Cyber Commander have one? That reminds me of an episode of South Park where someone edited a war movie and replaced all the guns with walky talkies.
Posted
i think the cxyber caommando cid have one, but many of the ACTUAL guns have been edited out. of course you don't notice it, they're not there!!!

in ET, the new one, the edited out guns and put it walkie talkies....:rolleyes:
Posted
The editing out guns made that ep when 2 of the guards burst in on Kaiba when working on that portable holo-generater look extermely stupid.
If they were gonna edit out the guns, they should have edited Kaiba's reaction. Why kick a chair at someone unarmed? Kaiba could have taken them both easily.
Posted
Oh the editors in America are very overprotective, hell! they changed Several names in G-Gundam. Burning gundam is really called God Gundam. Dark Gundam is called Devil Gundam and Neo Germany's gundam is really called Spiegel Gundam. So i'm not surprised about that. And you are right 4kids is mainly trying to be kid friendly, why i don't know, but come on put the freaking guns in the show for crying out loud!!!
Posted
I think if they're going to do it they should at least fill it in with something else. Like a big stick with a nail in the end or a bottle of Sobe. Just something threatning because it makes every bad guy that uses one look stupid.
Posted
I, too, think that editing out guns is pretty stupid. They Leave in swords and magical killing spells and stuff, so why not leave in guns? Anyway's in a couple of years they probably will put those into cartoons as people will have gotten used to the sight of them...

They Had guns in pokemon?! I never knew that. I know that digimon and a cople of others did but never thought that pokemon had it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mina Karusala [/i]
[B]The editing out guns made that ep when 2 of the guards burst in on Kaiba when working on that portable holo-generater look extermely stupid.
If they were gonna edit out the guns, they should have edited Kaiba's reaction. Why kick a chair at someone unarmed? Kaiba could have taken them both easily. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]
I was going to mention that, but you got here first. It's hillarious. They edit them out and replace with deformed fingers, it's just hillarious.
[/color][/size]
Posted
Another censoring thing I noticed was when Pegasus was reading that comic book, having some cheese, and a drink. When a guard comes in, Pegasus identifies the drink as juice. I haven't the sub of the japanese version yet but that "juice" seems a lot like wine. Wouldn't you say so?
Posted
What makes you-all think it was edited? I know [i]I'd[/i] go about kicking furniture if someone threatened me with an empty hand....
Posted
it is very stupid, its like

Bandit keith: GIVE ME THE MONEY OR ILL FLICK YOU WITH THIS FINGER!

and the south park, they edited saving private ryan with walky talkies as well.

and do you know in pokemon, they even edited misty slapping ash, i dont watch it, i just heard about it in a magazine. but, a slap, ITS A SLAP! And the juice thing, isnt it obvious its wine? And in gundam wing, they replaced the word killed with "destroyed."
Posted
In G-Gundam I noticed they kept saying "He took someone's life away" instead of "He killed someone". It sounded very stupid. It's not like saying "kill" will corrupt them or anything.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
lol i know is stupid how they edit the guns out

monkey(seveant)"alright kaiba Mr. pegasus would like to have a few words with u"pointing a finger at him LOL

thas just stupid like wen keith did that to ROFL

hmm its a mystery a why would they allow ROCKETS( war weapons!!!!in POKEMON) and NOT ALLOW GUNS WTF!!!!!!!!!!


dont ya think kidsWb( thas where they show it?) HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THEM NOT SHOWING GUNS?
Posted
[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Hypershadow[/I]
[B]And I took a test to see what kind of duelist I am. I'm Kaiba.[/B][/QUOTE]
Where'd you take it??

I do think they are going overboard with the 'good influence' thing.
I mean, they don't edit out the parts in Looney Toons when the characters shoot themselves a 100000000000 times.
And fruit juice doesn't fit someone of Pegasus' level.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...