OtakuBoards

Tekken Discussion

Akuma

Hah. Did you people think I wouldn't find this thread? Silly-willies.

As for my characters and ratings, here we go:

-Tekken 3-

I mostly use Jin. With him, I can mess you up because I make my own juggles and combos that are un-written and completely mine [yet still easy to pull off]. But I'm only gonna give myself an 8 out of 10. Why? Because I get cocky sometimes.

Kuma. Ah, everyone's favorite killer bear. He just plain rules. Bear Hammer can stop anything, and I can side-step quite easily with that big, ol' fuzz-ball. My only problem with Kuma is the fact that his Overhead Slam takes FOR_EV_ER to pull off. 6/10.

Heihachi..an older, slower version of Jin with that power-nuggie of his. A fun character to be, not to look at. He looks like a pimp with his second costume..O_o;;; 7/10

Hwoarang is soooooooooo cool. Juggles with simple kicks. Mess with me on Hwoarang, and I'll slap you like a retard with those n00b-kick combos. 4/10 for lack of style, 8/10 for sheer ***-kicking.

Bryan Fury. MAH BOI!!! Don't mess with me when I play as Bryan. I'll smack you around with Mach Breaker, pop you up in the air again with Slash Kick, and finish you off with two Cheap Tricks. Or something ot that effort. 9/10 with Bryan.

And I've only played Tekken 4 like once because the machine at the Palace Theatre broke down like three months ago... ...and they still haven't replaced it. Anyway, I'd love to have some bouts with Craig and Seph. That would sooooooooo kick ***.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well akuma, thats what happens when you dont check in to often.

I just happend to rent tekken 4 for the first time today and its not bad. All the moves with jin that I was taking about earlier are there and all the other players look pretty good.

But for some reason, something feels odd about the game, I dont know what it is, but eventually I will find out.

Sorry I havn't been around guys, but I was at a huge tekken meet where I got to face against 2 of the top uk players from london (Shinjin and AC)

How well did I do?

I owned, lol

check the thread [url]http://tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48609[/url]

London has many high calibur players, and they only consider two other people in the uk to be up to their level

Ben Mishima, and myself

In case anyone was wondering, I'm SSJ4_Vegita on zaibatsu, everyone knows me as "Veggy"

I used to have Tekken 3, but my brother let his friend borrow it. His friend's house got robbed, and they took it. But I would always play as Yoshimitsu or Eddy, mostly Yoshimitsu. I had almost all his moves memorized almost all his moves, but there was one move that I couldn't figure out how to do. (one where he makes a copy of himself and one of them stabs the opponent and the other one flips them over) The only times I did that was when I wasn't trying to. I rate myself about a 7.

[b][size=1]
Me? I rate myself about 7/10 probably, but 6.5 according to Seph if he gives himself an 8...

I'm a Bryan, Law and Kazuya player, although I can play real good with Ling and Lee.

[u]Me with Bryan[/u]-I give myself nothing for style, but everything for speed.
You (unless you're a seasoned pro *ahem*) + wall = :whoops:

[u]Me with Law[/u]-Juggle frenzy! Every single variation of that summersault with a few other spices dashed in... and another summersault just to celebrate my victory.

[u]Me with Kazuya[/u]-Now this guy I can do the style bit, and everything else, although like everyone else when they're with their favourite character, I get too cocky sometimes.[/b]

Well, yeah... start the Tekken RPG!![/size]

So, can anyone besides myself do infinate juggles in the arena?

I can with just about anyone, lol, but its easiest with Lee/Violet

1,2~mist step~1,2~mist step~1 (wall stun) repeat around arena

Kazuya's best, easiest damaging juggle is WS+2 (gut punch), 1, 2~TGF, 3

To keep it simple, gut punch which stuns them, LP, RP, thunder god fist, LK

Silly damage, 85% I think

Oh yeah, I rated myself 8/10 when this thread first started, thanks to what happened at the weekend past, my ranking has gone up to 8.5/10

I'll be loading up some matches between me and Twinzam in a few days, you will need broadband internet for fast downloading time, as 56k will take ages since the file will be about 7mb

[color=red]I use a team of Jin Kazuma and Bryan Fury when I play Tekken Tag Tournament, and one of them when I play Tekken 3...I haven't had much time with Tekken 4, though, since I'm short one PS2.

I'd rate myself a 9.5 with Jin and about an 8.0 with Bryan.

--J.C.[/color]

You know, I'm actually laughing at some ratings I am seeing here

If you rate yourself a 7 or above, you would be at this standard

[url]www.electriccancel.com[/url]

Click on the link titled "here" for 30 october

Download any of the 4 vids, these are from the recent electric cancel world tournament, I was not able to attend since it is in the US, and have no money

You can also go on [url]www.arcadepimp.com[/url] for more match videos and combo art vids

Take a good look, and ask yourself if you are still worthy of the scores you have given yourselves

Sorry if I sound a bit cold, but some of you really need to know that you are not as good as you think

Well, I would have to say World Champion is an awefully funny title.

I mean whats the point of being world champ when you dont get to fight every one out there that is good.

It would be like the champion team from the nba saying they are the worlds best, but not playing the harlem globe trotters or playing that undefeated college team.

My point is that when you base your champion status on a tournament that only includes at most 10% of the worlds tekken players, you cant really say your the worlds best. (especially since the people in the tournament arent specifically the worlds top players, but rather the people who wanted to get into the tournament.)

Its like what someone said earlier, about not playing against the country boy who has never left his home, but is better than anyone knows.

Ah! it seems my point was a bit off from what the original post said, but it was the all wise yoda who said what I was getting at.

there is always someone better, and most people dont even know about these tournaments.

I mean, where is one in the usa and where is one in my area of dumpwater louisiana?

Maybe I'll never get to test myself against "the best", but if that video is the "worlds best"...

Well maybe my old friends should make a trip to the uk.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]
I mean whats the point of being world champ when you dont get to fight every one out there that is good.

My point is that when you base your champion status on a tournament that only includes at most 10% of the worlds tekken players, you cant really say your the worlds best. (especially since the people in the tournament arent specifically the worlds top players, but rather the people who wanted to get into the tournament.)

Its like what someone said earlier, about not playing against the country boy who has never left his home, but is better than anyone knows.

there is always someone better, and most people dont even know about these tournaments.

I mean, where is one in the usa and where is one in my area of dumpwater louisiana?

Maybe I'll never get to test myself against "the best", but if that video is the "worlds best"...

Well maybe my old friends should make a trip to the uk. [/B][/QUOTE]

The current world champ did fight everyone that is good, he is from Korea, and defeated all of the US top player's with such ease it's not even funny, and he is rated number 1 in Korea, the country of Tekken so to speak, since they all basically play it, and StarCraft too

He won the world tourney, simple as that, it was set in the US, it had people attending from all over the US, Asia, and Europe. He defeated everyone with ease

As for the boy who only stays at home playing the computer, he can NEVER be as good as the best, you only get better by playing other people, adapting to their skills and fighting styles, discovering their weaknesses, making your movement better, being able to break throws, parrying, low parrying, reversals, chickens, okizeme, netsu, so much more involved that you cannot learn simply by playing at home

As for what you said, "most people don't even know about these tournaments", these people usually suck, I know so, I have played them, 99% of the time those who play tekken and do not know of the tournaments suck and are considered scrubs

Always someone better, yes, but at the moment, Maddog-Jin from Korea is the best in the world, you only need to go on tekkenzaibatsu.com to know that

As for the UK, they don't play tekken 4 as seriously as the US and Korea do, UK is more well known for how good they are at Tekken Tag, and is home to Ryan Hart, one of the best TTT players in the world

Well...

It's time I come out and be honest with you.

All of my post above on this page are just to get you upset.

I think its aweful aragant to talk about who's a scrub or who's the best or how good you are and how everyone else sucks.

It gets old.

I know Im not as good as the worlds best. I know that its most likely the man with the title that is.

The people who know about the tournies are the ones who live tekken.
They would naturally be the best.

But I just want to get a simple point across,

to me, this thread wasnt about telling everyone how good or bad they were. It was about tekken, the game, and how much we all love to play it.

I hope I didnt piss you off too much, but it really does get old when anyone for any subject takes an "elitest" attitude and starts telling everyone how bad they are.

I'm sure you would beat the pants off me, and Im sure whats his name, the world champ, would also beat me.

So just take it easy and remember that I meant no harm, I just wanted to bring to light the fact that you were being awefully rude about the playing skills of others who you have never met.

Even if they say they are the best, you know their not, so why be-little them, just let them live in never never land and leave them be.

As for me, Im expecting a severe tounge lashing for the crap Ive started, but just keep in mind that I really meant no harm.

oh yea, as for my rating, considering that video...

I'd give an honest 6 and with some time on the game to practice, 6.3-6.5, maybe.

[B]Well...

It's time I come out and be honest with you.

All of my post above on this page are just to get you upset.

I think its aweful aragant to talk about who's a scrub or who's the best or how good you are and how everyone else sucks.

It gets old.

I know Im not as good as the worlds best. I know that its most likely the man with the title that is.

The people who know about the tournies are the ones who live tekken.
They would naturally be the best.

But I just want to get a simple point across,

to me, this thread wasnt about telling everyone how good or bad they were. It was about tekken, the game, and how much we all love to play it.

I hope I didnt piss you off too much, but it really does get old when anyone for any subject takes an "elitest" attitude and starts telling everyone how bad they are.

I'm sure you would beat the pants off me, and Im sure whats his name, the world champ, would also beat me.

So just take it easy and remember that I meant no harm, I just wanted to bring to light the fact that you were being awefully rude about the playing skills of others who you have never met.

Even if they say they are the best, you know their not, so why be-little them, just let them live in never never land and leave them be.

As for me, Im expecting a severe tounge lashing for the crap Ive started, but just keep in mind that I really meant no harm.

oh yea, as for my rating, considering that video...

I'd give an honest 6 and with some time on the game to practice, 6.3-6.5, maybe. [/B][/QUOTE]

It's not arrogance, when you play tekken as much as I do and have a status such as myself, you know certain things, you can tell in an instant who is a scrub and who is not, just simply from hearing responses to certain questions

I could tell who doesn't know **** about the game just by hearing some of the replies, and frankly, it sometimes does piss me off, and right now I'm blowing off some steam

I never said to anyone how bad they were, I just said if they consider themselves 7 or above to see the vids I showed in the links, to be able to see if they really are worth the score they had given

What pisses me off the most is the fact that for the past year I've been playing T4 since it came out at the arcades, and got the japanese version as soon as it came out early may I think, I worked hard to become good, I entered tournaments throughout the UK and will be visiting America next year too, I made damn sure I let myself be known to the other top players in the UK, and to more in Europe, such as in Austria and Greece. So I get rightfully pissed off when someone who only picks the game up and does a few button tapping motions think theyre better or good for that matter, I get that kind of **** whenever I go to the arcade, and when I defeat them they consider me cheap

I defeated the european TTT champ at T4 a few weeks ago, who is rated no.3 in the UK at T4, It wasn't easy, but I did it, all my efforts are paying off, so excuse me if some people dont take me a bit seriously regarding the game

Nah, its cool, I actually understand how you feel.

Maybe not specifically with tekken, but when you take some very serious, and some arogant jerk comes in shooting off his mouth,you have got every right to be pissed.

Its all good, except the bs "joke" I played. That wasnt really cool, but atleast you were cool about taking it and not getting really pissed.

Im sure your the best player on the boards, just keep playing, you could be the best in the world one day.

look out mad dog jin!

[B]Nah, its cool, I actually understand how you feel.

Maybe not specifically with tekken, but when you take some very serious, and some arogant jerk comes in shooting off his mouth,you have got every right to be pissed.

Its all good, except the bs "joke" I played. That wasnt really cool, but atleast you were cool about taking it and not getting really pissed.

Im sure your the best player on the boards, just keep playing, you could be the best in the world one day.

look out mad dog jin! [/B][/QUOTE]

Nah don't worry about that, I wasn't pissed off because of you, lol

Best in the world one day, no chance of that I am sure

It's always going to be a korean, they play the game 24/7, literally

At the last tournament maddog jin was awake playing tekken 4 for 5 DAYS!!!

To top it off he has serious competition, it's only tekken tag where the UK stands a chance, and just barely since it's only one guy who is up to their standards

They also have ladder type tournaments every week, I wish the UK had something like that, which is probably why I might organise one, wouldn't be everyweek, more like once a month since a lot of tekken players live in london, whilst I live in Birmingham

[color=teal]Hmm it's just back to Seppy and Gokents posting again, me thinks I'll add to the conversation

There was a Tekken 4 tournament held in my local Games store recently (yesterday) and I missed it, damn it, however I heard from the owner that there was not heaps of skill amoung the compeditors and that the 32 place of whom the winner could end up being national champion if he beats all the others from differant counties, but anyway I salute Seppy for his skills and agree that Jin is a little easier to use in this version of Tekken (number 4) but is no less lethal

Since Seppy said that 7 was a very good skill level I think this should be about right

As a Tekken Tag and 4 player I would say that in:

TTT: Law and Jin I play with one fast, one powerful anid it works

5/10 for Jin, 5.5/10 for Law

T4: Jin or Law once again

6/10 Jin, 6/10 for Law (well at least I'm honest)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Twinzam v [/i]
[B]Seph ALWAYS gets pissed every time I beat him and trys to find a excuse like " it wasnt the arena" or " you were cheap" [/B][/QUOTE]

No I don't, not anymore anyway, heh heh

It appears someone uploaded a vid of me in TTT action, its kinda old but better than nothing

You can view it if you have an FTP Program, its free to download anyway

Server is

tekken.serveftp.net

Username: tekken

Port: 21

Password: gaylord

Look in the "Your Vids" folder, then on "UK Tekken" Folder, then download the file called crunchy.avi

I forgot to mention that in the match it is pair play, 2 v 2, I am the red Jin, you can hear people swearing their heads off at me, lol, listen to someone say "YOU ARE GONNA GET SLAPPED VEG, I SWEAR, YOU ARE GONNA GET SLAPPED!", lol, everyone calls me Veg, or Veggy

[color=blue][size=1]Combined Posts.[/color][/size]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SirCanealot
Omgfg Veggy you suck. You arent nearly in the top 3 best at T4 in the UK. You might make top 15... MAYBE but top 3 is laughable. I laugh. Hahahaha.

Stop talking so much ****....

SirCanealot - 3rd best Tekken Tag player in the UK (haha).

What ever sirtalksalotacrap. You obviously got onto the boards just to try and talk crap and to piss people off. (which will fail)

You dont know a thing. Veggy made the top three, he wasnt being theoretical...

But I will let the man speak for himself, so...

Guest SirCanealot
I dont know a thing? I dont know a thing?? I know Sephiroth/Veggy personally and I know hes talking crap about being the second best in the country. I'm not posting to try and upset people, I'm posting in hope that Veggy will stop posting crap in these forums, to people who dont know better.

Well, in that case I will apoligize.

simply said....

I am sorry.

Although, now I want some serious talk from veggy, cause this is all very not cool of someone to do. so... seph you better speak up and soon.

Although, because I am honest as often as possible, I must say I am still skeptical.