Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=blue][size=1]This isn't a suggestion, it's a question. I'm guessing I'm allowed to post it here...can't think where else it would go...

Ok. Favourites topics are considered spam because people just put their favourite character or whatever and nothing else, right? What if you start a fave thread where you have to have reason why that person/anime/whatever is your favourite. Would that be allowed? Or is it still considered spam?
Just wondering...[/size][/color]
Posted
From what I understand, [I]intelligent[/I] favorite topics are allowed.

A "Pepsi or Coke" thread or a "whats ur favorite dragonballz character" topic is generally considered pointless and overdone.

If your topic encourages actual discussion and effort centered around something reasonable and discusses [I]why[/I],as you put it, something is your favorite, then it is usually allowed.

I, for one, have made exceptions in the Sony forum for quality favorite topics.
Posted
[color=indigo]Well, if you look in the rules, it doesn't actually say that favorite threads are against the rules themselves. It's the spam that most of them generate that's against the rules. If, like CWB said, people are actually posting up reasons why a particular something is their favorite and there's some actual thought going into the replies, then it'd be okay. It's when a bunch of people start posting "I like [insert thing here] the best!" that the thread gets closed/deleted.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B]Well, if you look in the rules, it doesn't actually say that favorite threads are against the rules themselves.[/B][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, not all the mods understand this.
Posted
[color=royalblue]Crazy White Boy is exactly right.

[i]Intelligent[/i] favourites topics that include some sort of discussion are fine.

But topics like "Do you like Coke or Pepsi?" are absolutely stupid.

Common sense is what is most needed in this situation. :)[/color]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]I asked Asuka about that for the general Anime...
She said as long as you explain [i]why[/i], and it of course, is intelligent... as ppl said above... ^^;;
I've been seeing quite alot of fvorites threads... and they seem to be pretty clean. ^^[/color] [/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...