Jump to content
OtakuBoards

The Sopranos...anybody watch it??


Recommended Posts

Posted
Any otakus out there like The Sopranos? This is one of my favorite shows to watch. I like all of the storylines because they're catchy and you can get into them easily...
Posted
I love the Sopranos. Tony is a complex an fascinating character. Its always interesting to get inside his head. I can relate to him very easily, except I'm not an Italian mob boss. I haven't seen the show since


*Spoiler*





Jackie Jr. got shot and Melody (can you say hot :flaming: ) went pretty crazy




*End Spoiler*
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
I simply love the Sopranos at first I didn't like the show, and never paid much attention to it until a friend of mine named Jorge showed me season 2 I was simply hooked. Though the language is a bit extreme, the storyline is always great and its interesting to see the power struggle between Tony and the mob boss who meets with him at hospital appointments.
Posted
One of the best Sopranos moments
Jackie Jr. and Melody were playng Scrabble in her dormroom while she was sick. He put down "***" and said "When you gonna give me some."

In a later part of the scene she puts "oblique" and he goes "Hey, no spanish. What is this Oblique (pronounced oblikay)?"
Posted
I have an Italian ethnic background and...Italians don't act that way at all...My family and I find it disgustingly offensive. Italians aren't pizza obsessed, violent, mob crazed druggies... This show I really think needs to be toned down, simply for the fact of its vulgarity towards people with certain heritages. As far as the story goes, its okay. It could be [I]slightly[/I] deeper but its pretty good, as far as character development goes. That's what I look for in shows and movies becuase I'm aiming to be a screenplay writer/novelist. The only program I watch religiously on HBO is Six Feet Under. I think it's brilliantly done. Anyways, the point I'm trying to say is, good show, bad outlook on Italians.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...