Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
what is your favorite punk bands? mine are flogging molly, gob, afi, reel big fish, andrew wk, good charlite, alkaline trio and audiovent.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reflection [/i]
[B]Nick Carter has formed a 'rock' band. [/B][/QUOTE]

Right...And by "rock", you mean "Happy Crappy Poser Rock, Sung By a Talentless Loser who didn't get enough face time, and made his own band!"...Sorry, I really don't like pop...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Right...And by "rock", you mean "Happy Crappy Poser Rock, Sung By a Talentless Loser who didn't get enough face time, and made his own band!"...Sorry, I really don't like pop... [/B][/QUOTE]

So I'm not the only one who thinks that...
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]I don't consider Blink 182 pop at all. Not even 1%...
I'm a pretty big punk fan, although really what I prefer is something I can dance to. Blink 182 is definitely [i]not[/i] pop...
I prefer Linkin Park, (I just got Reanimation, yes, took me long enough...) Avril Lavenge *dodges tomatoes* some of Green Day... and some of G.O.D.-Korean Band.

They're all pretty good, and I'm sure michelle branch belongs in pop... er.. I think.. Anyway, she's kewl too ^^[/color] [/size]
Posted
Obviously Avril, Blink 182 and the like are arguable. Linkin Park is definately not punk though, there is no other way to take that - they just aren't lol (if that's even what you meant, I can't tell :)). I personally don't like any of those, but to each their own. I didn't like Blink 182 even when they were lesser known... their sound never did anything for me, so I'm not one of these turncoats that hates them for their popularity. Greenday is decent, and Offspring is tolerable.

My favorite punk band is a local Chicago band called Apocalypse Hoboken. They are kind of like Screeching Weasel, except even less user friendly. It's all supposed to be tongue in cheek though. The band broke up last year, but had a sort of "final" show a few months ago. They sold a box set at the show, which I of course missed. I picked one up off eBay the other day, and I was so excited to get it... But at the same time I was really sad considering this is the [i]last[/i] thing they will ever put out. Sucks to see your favorite band basically die.

Otherwise, I like all sorts of punk/whatever... AFI, No Use For a Name, Assorted Jellybeans, Mi6, Bad Religion, Millencolin, Useless ID, Ramones, Ozma, Goldfinger, Antifreeze, Satanic Surfers, Ataris, Sex Pistols, 88 Fingers Louie, Rise Against, Ignite, Model Citizen, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Jughead's Revenge, Blue Meanies and so on and so forth.

I'm currently working on making a shirt design for a band called Ten Foot Pole... It's part of a small contest, hopefully I'll win haha.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devon [/i]
[B]i think thier more pop [/B][/QUOTE]

They aren't pop, I'll tell you that. They aren't pop-rock either. I happen to like both those genres to an extent and I don't think they'd fit. Let's label them "pseudo-punk".
Posted
pseudo punk is a good label. They aren't quite pop but don't like up to Rancid like punk so i guess it fits. so good p-punk would be
new found glory
a simple plan
gold finger
blink 182
green day
alkaline trio
sugar cult
Posted
ok. i got disagree with alkaline trio. i think they are pure punk. i think they are pure underground punk. but lets not get into that.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devon [/i]
[B]what is your favorite punk bands? mine are flogging molly, gob, afi, reel big fish, andrew wk, good charlite, alkaline trio and audiovent. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]First off Anrew WK is definatly NOT punk, second Good "Charlite" is not punk either, they are just the same as Blink 182. Gob some of there old stuff was awesome. Alkaline Trio is alright to an extent. AFI is pretty good. Audiovent is garbage plain and simple garbage.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Thrid favorite topics are NOT allowed please read the rules...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]I guess I'll tell you anyways. I liek the more hard stuff like Rancid, The Distillers, Anti Flag, The Hunns, The Casualties, Operation Ivy, Satanic Surfer and many many more. Anyways just remember that favorite topics aren't allowed.[/COLOR]
Posted
Lets see... AFI, Minior Threat, Rancid, MxPx, NoFx, Good Charolette, Anti Flag, Black Flag, Flogging Molly, NUFAN, and Juliana Theory...

Those are just a few of what I know, I'm a big fan of punk and any metal. Well now.... Lets just set the record straight, Blink 182, Linkin Park[btw Reanimation was crap, it sounds like RAP], Green Day, and any other main stream so called "punk"

[b]Don't Hate, Just Correct Me If You Think I'm Wrong, But Do It In a Mature Way Please....[/b]
Posted
I think you guys need to differentiate between favorite topics that are like lists and one word posts. Stuff with actual conversation is generally alright, and that's what's going on here. I guess whoever is in charge here can do what they want though.

I just hope this doesn't turn into yet another "I hate this band and this band isn't ____" thread again.
Posted
Punk Rock. Now here's a genre that's fully got its act together. You're all arguing on which punk bands are really punk bands.

Anyway, I seem to listen to more of these "pseudo-punk" bands.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hybrid [/i]
[B]Lets see... AFI, Minior Threat, Rancid, MxPx, NoFx, Good Charolette, Anti Flag, Black Flag, Flogging Molly, NUFAN, and Juliana Theory...

Those are just a few of what I know, I'm a big fan of punk and any metal. Well now.... Lets just set the record straight, Blink 182, Linkin Park[btw Reanimation was crap, it sounds like RAP], Green Day, and any other main stream so called "punk"[/QUOTE]


[COLOR=darkblue]Uh, last time I checked NOFX didn't spell there name NoFx, just wanted to inform you.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Yes, it does. People have died for spelling "hide" with a capital H. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]Oooh that hurts Devon, I've never heard of hide. What kind of music does he play?[/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...