Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wing Gundam [/i]
[B]I've never heard of hide. What kind of music does he play?[/B][/QUOTE]

I can't really define it other than "rock", and even then some of his songs don't really fit... he has very few songs that sound the same and he always was trying new things. If you can, try to download these songs -

PINK SPIDER
ROCKET DIVE
Junk Story
ever free
TELL ME

Some of those (probably most of them) may be labeled as "hide with Spread Beaver"... that was the group he was with in the last part of his career.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hybrid [/i]
[B]Lets see... AFI, Minior Threat, Rancid, MxPx, NoFx, Good Charolette, Anti Flag, Black Flag, Flogging Molly, NUFAN, and Juliana Theory...
b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Just a Friendly reminder that Julianna theory is not punk, they're emo.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]Heh, I have never heard of this [B]H[/B]ide guy. :smirk:
As for punk, I am not a huge fan of punk (more into death metal...meh) but I do like a few bands.
Pennywise, ah a punk classic! I also like Big Wig, Big Willie, A.F.I., Misfits, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Dropkick Murpheys, Sick of it all, H2O, Acro Bats, Tiger Army, NOFX, MXPX, Unseen, Distillers, Operation Ivy, Modest Mouse, Black Flag, Anti-Flag, Rancid and others I don't feel like typing.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Omni Slash [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]A.F.I.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]That's good enough for me. ^_^ Well, not really, but yeah... AFI owns. Good choice in most of those other bands as well.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]That's good enough for me. ^_^ Well, not really, but yeah... AFI owns. Good choice in most of those other bands as well.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]Ah, an avid punk fan I see. I forgot so many others I have already thought of though. Well, here is a bit more.
Against All Authority, Auto Pilot Off, Minor Threat, Decendants, Face to Face, and I can't beleive I forgot CKY! Heh, but really I am not a [B]major[/B] fan of punk. I only only own a few cds and tapes.
But, apparently this is the thread for me right now? Hey, PiroMunkie do you know of any bands I might like based on the bands I listed?[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Omni Slash [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]Ah, an avid punk fan I see. I forgot so many others I have already thought of though. Well, here is a bit more.
Against All Authority, Auto Pilot Off, Minor Threat, Decendants, Face to Face, and I can't beleive I forgot CKY! Heh, but really I am not a [B]major[/B] fan of punk. I only only own a few cds and tapes.
But, apparently this is the thread for me right now? Hey, PiroMunkie do you know of any bands I might like based on the bands I listed?[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=firebrick]I can't beleive you forgot CKY either! You also forgot Lag Wagon, Agnostic Front, The Ataris, Clash, and Lars and the Bastards.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Just a Friendly reminder that Julianna theory is not punk, they're emo. [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=royalblue]Please, don't talk...you're making me want to smash your face through the computer screen. Check out Thursday, they're emo but they are punk....think about it for a second.[/COLOR]
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
I only think Thursday as crap, because thats what they are. :-D Im sensing some violence(sp) here.....
Posted
What is with some of your posts in this thread? Think before you type.

Thursday is pretty good. I had only heard of them fairly recently, and am supposed to see them when they stop in Chicago this November. I doubt that will happen though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wing Gundam [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]Please, don't talk...you're making me want to smash your face through the computer screen. Check out Thursday, they're emo but they are punk....think about it for a second.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I like Thursday very much, but I don't like punk. I really don't see how you could label them "punk". Thursday's emo that's all.
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]What is with some of your posts in this thread? Think before you type.

Thursday is pretty good. I had only heard of them fairly recently, and am supposed to see them when they stop in Chicago this November. I doubt that will happen though. [/B][/QUOTE]



Was that directed towards me? Because if it was, that was the only time I posted int his thread.

Anywho. Yeah, I hate Thrusday, yuck. The singer can't sing at all, in my opinion.

Yet, that's just me, some of you may think different.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wing Gundam [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]I only think of you as a ignorant little fu....bird. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]First and last warning right here, Wing Gundam. I don't want to see you behaving like this toward other members again.[/color]
Posted
that was un called for. have you herd every band out there? i dont think so. so there for you dont have the right to tear it down if you dont even know about it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devon [/i]
[B]yes! thier like the hardest christian rock ive ever herd! [/B][/QUOTE]

Finally someone has heard of my favourite band. I was just wondering because Brett Detar of the Juliana Theory used to be the guitarist for Zao.


[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wing Gundam [/i]
[B] :sick: Christian rock.


'Nuff said.
[/B][/QUOTE]


Wing Gundam, that was probably the most ignorant remark I've ever heard regarding music.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Wing Gundam, that was probably the most ignorant remark I've ever heard regarding music. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Agreed. Those who are pissed should not post on message boards.:)

I like Blink 182(punk or not :p), Good Charlotte, Green Day, MxPx, and Anti-Flag. [/b][/color]
Posted
I figured I'd ask this... No one I know seems to know this band, and I was wondering if anyone here did. Hopefully, someone would actually like them as well heh. They are one of my favorite punk bands.

Anyway, the group is Assorted Jelly Beans. If you care to listen, there are some mp3s in the MP3 section at [url]www.kungfurecords.com[/url] I think.

I've heard of Zao, but never listened. Someone told me to check them out when I mentioned I liked Ozma. Are there any songs I should check out first?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Wing Gundam, that was probably the most ignorant remark I've ever heard regarding music. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]Glad to hear it...[/COLOR]
Posted
wing, why do you have to be soooo cocky? its just like your a sliver in my pinkey toe. and what youve been posting is off the subject.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...