Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Anyone remember the original Mario game? No, I'm not talking about the one with duck hunt on it. I'm talking about way back when... Atari times... with DK kidnapping Princess Toadstool, the ladders, barrels, those were the good days... when games weren't as complicated or had as big of a plot as they do now... anyone care to share what they remember about it? The 2nd best game on atari... Pong was #1 for me, but then came the mario game and well, it was number 2 lol. Well, anyone?
Posted
[b]Ah yes, I remember when I first played it. Only problem was that I was 4 or 5 years old, so it drove me mad, lol.[/b]
Posted
Donkey Kong was my dad's favorite game. DK Classics was the first NES game he actually bought me. It was more for him, but he rarely wound up playing it (If he did play NES, we played Double Dragon 2).

This reminds me of Mario Bros., which was also a pretty cool game. It doesn't really compare though.
Posted
[color=indigo]Hmm...I've played Donkey Kong some, and I have to say, I didn't find it all that fun after a little while. I like playing two player on Mario Bros. a lot more, and then three and four player on the Mario Bros. game on the Super Mario Advance games. Battle mode on the SMA games is the best, heh.[/color]
Posted
Donkey Kong was the first game with Mario? Anyway, that was a neat game. Though the original NES one with Duck Hunt will always hold a special place in my heart. I'd play it for hours and hours, and would even draw my own levels on paper. What I wouldn't give for an editor for it.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]ahhhhh.... good times, good times. I used to waste hours trying to rescue the princess, while dodging barrels and grabbing hammers....

Hmmmm, i think i'm goin' to llook for it... i know i have it somewhere in my room for my GB... [/COLOR]
Posted
Here's me with an interesting fact - did you know that the first appearance we had of Mario, he was abad gy? I also think that, Luigi, being the least popular of the brothers has got a lot of attention from Luigi's Mansion! Mario is fat.
Posted
[color=indigo]Yep, Mario actually did start off as a bad guy, heh. He imprisoned Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Jr., and you played as DK Jr. trying to rescue DK from Mario. In the original Donkey Kong, he was called Jumpman, so the first game with "Mario" was DK Jr.[/color]
Posted
Yes i remember it...did i like it? hell no..why? because i never played it until about a year ago when it was so obsolete(sp?) that it provided no fun whatsoever. But i remember it..

the one game i still like though, it JETPACK...oh so fun hehe.
Posted
Yea i play that game all the time on Donkey Kong 64 they have 2 old arcade games the one with mario and the barrels and some game called jetpack.
Posted
Yeah, I miss all the old Mario games.. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong jr. those were the days.

I figured this would be a nice place to make my entrance.. Howdy everyone! Heh..

Lacking an NES of my own, I'm forced to relive my NES days through my Animal Crossing game... :(
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
man i remember those... we even had an atari. good times... well mario and duck hunt... that seems to make me feel old... since in all i was playing that how long ago.. gosh i dont even remember... but yea... that was fun. oh and DK wow.. i used to play that too... well gtg ttyl
Posted
I remember this game. I used to play it when I was like 5, though my Big Bro N-man, had to take it. lol. But yes, this game brings back arguments, and memories. The reason N-man took it though, was just because it was broken. I loved that game. I think my grandma still has her atari. I'm sure she does. Man the memories!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...