Avalon Posted October 23, 2002 Posted October 23, 2002 Does anybody here know any bands that are mainstream but seem underground? I just started listening to Chevelle and Cirrus. I thought they just came out but people told me that they were old bands...hmm, how shocking...;)
Omar Harris Posted October 23, 2002 Posted October 23, 2002 Most rock bands I listen to, I had never heard of myself, but that's probably because I had never been the biggest rock fan until now. Among the most notable were Korn and Limp Bizkit, but that was years ago when I was first introduced to them. yay, my 500th post.
OlgaTheDwarf Posted October 24, 2002 Posted October 24, 2002 Chevelle used to be on Squint Records which may not be mainstream but is a very well known "christain" record label.
Nimrod Posted October 24, 2002 Posted October 24, 2002 Jimmy Eat World is a perfect example. They've been making records since 1994 and just now they start getting a little attention, but still not quite enough so that everybody knows who they are.
vegeta rocker Posted October 24, 2002 Posted October 24, 2002 I remember old jimmy. They have four discs out and they get credit for only one.
Avalon Posted October 26, 2002 Author Posted October 26, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nimrod [/i] [B]Jimmy Eat World is a perfect example. They've been making records since 1994 and just now they start getting a little attention, but still not quite enough so that everybody knows who they are. [/B][/QUOTE] Yup, that is a perfect example. I just started listening to them
Guest Anakin Solo Posted October 26, 2002 Posted October 26, 2002 Good ole' Jimmy Eat World. One of my favorite bands. Didn't I introduce them to you Nimrod? Or made you relize it was them who sang some songs you knew?
Semjaza Posted October 26, 2002 Posted October 26, 2002 I'm not sure what you mean by this... Bands that are doing well, but are still unknown to most people? Bands that are signed to bigger labels, yet aren't big themselves? I find that most everyone knows who Jimmy Eat World is.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now