Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
this has bothered me ever since the first time I saw it: in dragonball, goku takes that one freaky rabbit dude to the moon, however, in dragonball z frieza said that saiyans could not breathe in space and that he was going to kill goku by blowing up namek.
But can saiyans really breathe in space?
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
i think that they can because i have seen on many occasions saiyans breathing in space. Maybe Frieza just didnt know that they could breathe in space.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lil_android [/i]
[B]No because in the Freiza Saga Freiza said that if planet Namek blew up Goku would not survive but he would. [/B][/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't seen alot of the series yet

Anyway. It's a mystery really. He said they can't but then they do. So it's all another mistake that Toriyama made during the series. You can't much blame the guy. 153 (or is it 6?) episodes of DB and 291 eisodes of DBZ.... he's bound to do something(s) wrong.
Posted
I just assumed they could since Bardock was in space, he didn't
appear to be choking, He appeared to be breathing just fine,
I think that maybe Frieza forgot that when he was shotting off his mouth but theses are just my observations.And I have been wrong before!!
Posted
plot holes my friends, its Dragonball Z, get used to them. Bejita blows up Arlia, he's standing directly outside of his ship, he apparently has no problem breathing in space, and yet he apparently can't breath in it according to Furiza. Not to mention Gokou seems quite worried that he would die if the planet exploded, but if Furiza can survive it why would Gokou be able to? is it because Gokou thinks he can't breath in outerspace either? Gotenks flies around the world like three times or whatever he does it, he's too far out of reach for him to still have oxygen and he has no problem, all strange coincidenses that don't make sense with the statement that they can't breath in space. But its DBZ, it happens all the time.


and Like Transic Nerve said, the series is massively long, their's bound to be something things muddled here and there.
Posted
umm... my first question would be... how can you breathe "nothing" (well... okey... there's a speck of dust here and there and a few cosmic rays... but not NEARLY enough to breathe)
But assuming you could breathe nothing... I'd just say that the saiyans just held their breath for the 5 min. or so that they're out there (remember the way DBZ worps time... 5 min in DBZ-land = 5 Hours in Earth-time)
Anywhoo... tha's enough of my ranting for now... lol
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GundamGohan [/i]
[B] I'd just say that the saiyans just held their breath for the 5 min. [/B][/QUOTE]
but remember when bardock was in space? he was talkng so he couldn't have held his breath.
Posted
[color=red]You wouldn't breathe anything, you'd just have no lungs. You'd probably have something that could convert anything around you into an oxygen-like substance to keep you alive, or you wouldn't require it. I know it sounds odd, but it's just because you're used to breathing.

--J.C.[/color]
Guest boogeta
Posted
I think they can but when frieza said that he didnt know and nither did the saiyans
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]You all forget Vegita breathing in space early on in DBZ with his bald headed friend with the cool moustache (Nappa was it?) [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=firebrick]I knew that. :] It was when they blew up Arlia. I was getting ready to post that too. :p Well, I guess that is a point prooved.[/size][/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
For me, I just assume that the saiyins have strong enough body to not explode and bloat up while in space and show how powerful the saiyans were for not needing air to summon enough energy to blow up a planet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...