Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Play with japanese cards?  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. Play with japanese cards?

    • Yes, I play with all or the vast majority of my deck Japanese.
      3
    • I use both, and my deck is mixed.
      2
    • I use all English cards in my deck.
      9


Recommended Posts

Posted
oy. all of my YGO playing friends refuse to play with japanese cards for the sole reason that they dont feel like buying them themselvves. only one of my friends uses japanese, and he has a few english in his deck. i have a few japenses. he bougt all te structure decks, but i dun have that kinda money. so he has all these really good cards, and i dont. he4 got the decks from, his dad, who bought them all for him....T_T anyway, he has a kickass deck and stuff, and its really annoying, but the japanese game is so much... better, because of the variety of cards, and the kajillions of effect cards etc. *sigh*. does anyone else have the same problem? got opinons on the better game, japanese or english?don't care?
Posted
well i can tell you why most people don't play with the Japanese cards. The main reason is that if you enter a tournament you won't be allwoed to participate if your deck consists of Japanese cards only. Oh and the cards with the Asian symbol on the back are illegal in tournaments as well. Just thought i would tell you.
Posted
I use English cards mainly because their cheaper than Japanese cards. And some of the Japanese players buy all of them. If i had them, I'd use them because all my English newbie friends wont know what hit them. lol
Posted
yeah, i know they arent allowed in tourneys. but we dont go to tourneys very often. so....

plus, they have a problem with ME using them. they dont have to, but NO..

you're right, HS, english can SOMETIMES be cheaper... but more often than not, their much cheaper. japanese packs come with 5 in them. english with 9. the least common multiple of them is 45, and the price for 45 japanese cards in packs is slightly cheaper....

i want the structure decks, but i dunno where to get them....plus, im broke, so..
Posted
Genkai, have you looked on eBay? They've got all 4 different types of structure decks up for auction every time I look for them, and the highest price I've seen one go for is 40 bucks, and that person had bad feedbacks, so... I'm not buying from them!
Posted
yah, but on most sites they are about 40 bucks..... and im still broke, 10 is too much lol...

i dun care if the structure decks come to amrica because then everyone will have them and i wont feel special.
Posted
Now I'm starting to use more Japanese cards.
Like with my DMGirl, Occult/controll, and Toon decks.

Lol. But if you get them first, Genkai, then you'll be special for a day or two. :)
Posted
mwh, i'll trade with my friend...easier and cheaper.... meh...

well, i added my japanese cards back in my deck, who cares what my friends think...
Posted
Well Tourny rule restrictions is what I care about the most.

I made that clear to my friend when he used 2 Dark holes, than 2 Monster Reborns after.
Posted
My friend liked to use fussions with out fussing, play magic cards durring my turn, flip flip cards back over to use them again and junk like that...
Posted
well, restrictions i care about, but what language the cards, nah....

i mean, the restrictions matter, so i use the japanese restrictions too.... so it works out.. oh, and i SO use promos in my deck...they're normally good enough to.
Posted
Well, I let him use Japanese cards that are out in English, or regular monsters. Just nothing that I have no clue what it does, cause he isnt the most honest person...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...