-
Posts
2323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Revelation
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]I completely agree with Darren. If the nomination for [B]Gifts and Curses[/B] isn't enough to keep us motivated to write, then what is? I'm glad that the RPG got a spot in the nominations, though. And like Darren, expect a post sometime today or tomorrow.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]There were mixed feelings behind Amelia?s encounter with her mother. She felt awkward, as if this woman was someone was off-limits yet at the same time it only felt natural to call her by her first name and act as if they were acquaintances. If her father knew with whom she had a run-in with, she?d never hear the end of it and hopefully he won?t know?for now. Stepping into her house Amelia?s phone had beeped, letting her know that she had received a new message. Looking at her PDA there was an e-mail and a voice message left for her. Before she could even listen to her voice mail or check her e-mail, her father called her in. His voice hinted that he was agitated, as if something- or someone- caused this agitation. [B]?Amelia, is that you??[/B] Her father?s face popped out from the study. All Amelia could do was smile as if nothing had happened, but she knew full well her father saw past her façades. Yet, he said nothing about it only, asked [B]?How was your day? Did they like the new act you added in??[/B] Amelia looked at her father strangely before asking, [B]?Papa, what?s wrong? You never ask about my work unless you?re avoiding or hiding something from me.?[/B] She stepped in a little closer, putting away her phone as she did. [B]?What is it??[/B] Her father hesitated before he led his daughter into the living room where the answering machine was kept. His finger gently pushed the play button. Amelia wanted to ask what was so important that her father couldn?t tell her but the voice that followed after the automated voice stopped her from doing so. [B][i]?Hey, if you?re home pick up. Amelia? Alright, when you get this message come to Central Park. There?s some urgent business we have to talk about. I?ve already called some of the?[/i] others [i]so if you can, get over here as soon as possible. You know where to reach me if you can?t.?[/B][/i] The look in Amelia?s father?s eyes seemed disappointed but also concerned. If anything, he understood the meaning of ?urgent business? more than anyone she knew. All she could say was, [B]?Il mio padre??[/B] something she hadn?t said a few years after her mother left. He took his daughter?s hand and held it before nodding and giving her a kiss on the cheek. If she had been capable of it, tears would?ve welled up in her eyes but they both knew she wasn?t anymore. It was enough that she returned the kiss before she left hurriedly. [center]+ + + + +[/center] Once she was in New York, her father informed her that he had set up a hotel and would have her things sent over. She thanked him and told him she loved him- another thing she didn?t do often. Her father said the same and hung up. Sighing, Amelia put on a pair of sunglasses and waved for a cab. She told the driver to take her to Central Park; he gave her a strange look which she returned back- though not so strange, one of threat, so to speak. The driver adjusted in his seat and drove off. Though she had just been in New York, she couldn?t get enough of the scenery. Although New York was made up of mainly tall buildings, lights, and whatnot it appealed to her the way antique buildings, stars, and complete opposites of New York did. She merely gazed and admired, taking mental pictures of everything she saw. Amelia paid the driver and told him to keep the change once they arrived at Central Park. It wasn?t hard for her to find the other Magicians as they were huddled around one particular bench. One of them looked up and tensed but relaxed when he realized she had seen her face before. When Amelia got closer to the group, more turned and tensed but relaxed; whatever it was that made them this way even made Mugen- who had once performed with Amelia- feel the same intense emotion. [B]?Well, don?t we all look suspicious??[/B] A sly grin made her look like the Cheshire Cat. Mugen then knew most of her hadn?t changed.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]You already know I'm in, Vicky Goat. Man, this thing is your...*counts with fingers* 3rd baby [after Dogarta and...something else which I've forgotten or at least I think it's your third baby]. But never the less, the show must go on! Or people will suffer greatly from the hands of Vicky and me, more me then Vicky since she likes to see people happy in her little RPG. Anyways, let's get the show on the road then![/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]I don't know why but this chapter didn't really get to me. It was interesting but it didn't intrigue me like the other chapters. Perhaps it's because it's somewhat early in the morning or something. On a side note, there were some repetitiveness going on. It didn't lack flow, that's for sure, but it lacked something. I can't put my finger on it. It had detail, which I liked. Lack of detail just makes the story bland unless you can work with that, but that's very rare. Well, in any case not sure what else to say about this piece. Keep at it and whatnot. Do your thing, Boss-kid.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B][indent]Applaud erupted around the auditorium as Amelia DiMaggio finalized her last act. She took a bow and waved to her so-called ?fans? and exited stage left. It was all a routine for her, in fact everything was a routine- on and off stage. Her life revolved only three things- work, play, and school. Be as it may she loved her life and nothing could?ve changed the way she felt about it. It did involve some nasty tricks that shouldn?t be seen by ?normal? eyes but?what good is a gift if it?s unused? Then again what good is a curse if it is used? Flicking a strand of black cherry hair from her ivory tone face, Amelia smiled politely to the other performers waiting their turn. She walked into her dressing room and threw her top hat onto the vanity table in front of her. Using her powers was slightly draining; it was a wonder that she didn?t experience the splitting headaches she always had. Amelia shook her head lightly and began unlacing the black corset that was part of her stage outfit when a knock interrupted her. From behind the door was her manager, Eddie. Eddie came in with a bouquet of- oddly enough- black and white roses. Before her manager left, he added, [B]?By the way, ?Lia, you have a guest who?s interested in meeting you. I?ll send her in.?[/B] This called for suspicion. No one ever came by to see her, not even a potential client, not even her father who accepted her powers and lifestyle but refused to believe what she was doing was good for it. It was even odder that her manager would allow anyone to see her. From the vanity mirror she saw a woman enter the open door. She was a tall woman who appeared sophisticated with an air of royalty hanging about her. She was dressed entirely in black and when she spoke, she spoke with an elegant tongue, [B]?It?s been a while, mio piccolo usignolo.?[/B] It was then that Amelia knew who the woman was- her mother. Inside, she was filled with rage and shock but on the outside, she showed no change of face. [B]?I know this is a big surprise to you- it should be. I left your father and made it seem like I was dead for many years and?? ?You should?ve stayed that way then.?[/B] With disregard to the comment, her mother stepped forward and tried to lay hands on her daughter?s shoulders but Amelia wouldn?t have any of it. [B]?Don?t touch me, Miranda. You?ve no right to lay neither a hand nor a finger on me. I?m not your daughter anymore?I haven?t been for fifteen years. State your business; I don?t have time for petty people like you.?[/B] A swift comment from outside made Miranda bark an order, disrupting her calm appearance. [B]?Alright fine. There?s someone who wishes to meet you, usignolo. He knows of your talents and believes that you?ll do well under his command. If you come with me you?ll see??[/B] A sharp sting to Miranda?s face stopped her from talking further. Amelia threw the door open and crossed her arms. Her mother only left with the words, [B]?Be careful and beware, the Master?s power is limitless. He?ll do whatever it takes to get to you and others.?[/B] Scoffing, Amelia watched Miranda leave with the two people she came with. Slamming her door, she slipped out of her costume and into her street clothes in an angry hurry. She stared at the reflection in the vanity mirror, wanting to break it, imagining it shattering to pieces. Leaving her room, the sound of shattering glass resounded. Amelia said her goodbyes and walked out the door. However, waiting down the street were her mother and the two goons that followed her. [B]?You shouldn?t have turned us down, usignolo. My Master?s not keen on traitors. He?s a hard businessman.?[/B] She nodded to the two men next to her and watched them advance on Amelia. [B]?I?m sorry it has to be this way, usignolo.?[/B] The sound of her mother?s footsteps walking away triggered a distant memory she thought she had forgotten. She could clearly see a woman walking away and closing the door, listening to a man punch walls and curse in Italian. She could clearly remember the day her mother walked out on her and her father. Anger boiled within her, rage settled in, and bloodlust enwrapped her. As she watched her mother walk away, blood trickled down her now clenched fists; her nails digging into the soft skin of her palm, creating small puddles of blood on the pavement. She was transfixed on her image of her mother walking away she couldn?t see an icy dagger flying towards her until the last moment. Amelia leapt out of the way but the dagger had cut her face and sent chills down her spine. The man had a menacing chuckle, it was unnerving and almost ridiculed Amelia. It didn?t take long until Amelia realized why the man had stopped when a cold touch to her neck surprised her. His breath against her neck and cheek made her shiver. Without a moment to lose, Amelia sunk through the shadows before the man could drain her life-force. Breathing heavily, Amelia leaned against the wall for support all the while watching the two men. Before they could do anything else, she noticed where they were standing and sent blood blades flying up towards them, making them jump out of the way. From that moment, Amelia trapped them in her dark trap, ensnaring their powers. Regaining her energy, Amelia stood before the men. They were expressionless and struggled to get out of whatever hold she had on them. [B]?You foolish ogres, tell Miranda this: I don?t care about her Master or his plans. I?m not interested in a worthless man?s game involving magicians. And tell her?I?m not her nightingale anymore. I never was.?[/B] Once around the corner, Amelia released the men from the entrapment. She knew that she hadn?t seen the last of them or her mother.[/color][/indent] Ugh. Long and ugly, sorry for posting so late, Mike. Anyways, Amelia basically uses the dark arts as her foundation. It?s a little of everything but she mainly likes to manifest things especially from tarot cards. Her dark arts powers are also connected to her emotions and can get out of hand when the more extreme emotions take control of her. Anyways, have at it. Let?s see if this thing goes on for a while like Gifts and Curses.[/size]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Like I keep telling you, buddy. You need to stop doubting your work. Although it may sound like a piece of crap to you, it sure doesn't to everyone else. In fact, like DW, I like this one too. It had slightly more detail and just kept you thinking in some way. As for the QT reference, it did make me think of that but it also made me think about "Smokin' Aces". Not a Tarantino movie but it's still a fairly good movie. It keeps you thinking, you should watch it sometime. You might get some ideas, might help keep the creative juices flowing. =][/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet held her hands to her temples, rubbing them and telling herself that this was just a bad nightmare. However, when she opened her eyes and lifted her head, she was still in Dani?s house, standing in the same room as Charles who stood there with hands in his pockets and a slightly smug, yet annoyed, look on his face. Juliet sighed and opened the backdoor, grabbing Charles? belongings and bringing them into the house. She exhaled loudly and somewhat exasperatedly. If this was what Quan had in mind of?she remembered last night but she also remembered Quan?s ?request.? She shook her head, knowing she couldn?t go through with it. Not after what she?d seen in the man she supposedly hated, not after she?d seen him near his weakest. [B]?Screw Quan.? ?What about Quan??[/B] Charles? voice brought Juliet back from her mind. She blinked a few times before realizing Charles was standing there. With a cigarette at the side of his lips. Carefully she looked him over, noticing things that she hadn?t noticed before. He had a certain ruggedness to him but also a certain gentleness, it was difficult to comprehend but more difficult to explain; he just had something she never noticed. Even so, she was still surprised that he didn?t ask her why she was at Dani?s house in the first place. But, Charles seemed to change that. [B]?It?s none of my business and all but?what are you doing at Dani?s?? ?You?re right; it is none of your business. So let?s keep it that way?unless you?d like to lose more than just your dignity and pride.?[/B] Juliet walked past him, hearing a slight hiss from him and then a chuckle. Ignoring his hiss, she said to him, [B]?Try not break anything while I go talk to Dani. There?s probably some alc? left from last night?you?re welcome to it.?[/B] The second floor was somewhere she hadn?t been?or at least she didn?t remember it if she had been up there. It was vast and almost empty, portraits hanging here and there but nothing more. She then came to Dani?s room and knocked. He didn?t answer and because Juliet was impatient and didn?t like to repeat herself?with anything. She opened the door and found Dani in the recesses of his room. A smirk crawled across her face as she watched him mumble and grumble. It was quite entertaining to watch a full-grown man act like a child. In fact, anything that Charles and Dani did was entertaining- especially when they try to kill each other. [B]?Acting this way isn?t going to make him disappear, you know.?[/B] Before Dani could answer, Juliet cut him off. [B]?Stop acting like a child and suck it up, [i]Daniel[/i]. There?s nothing you can really do if Quan brought him to you. Be a man and deal with it? or the two of you can suffer from a fate far worse than anything you?ve ever imagined.?[/B][/size][/color]
-
The OtaKuties- Critiques/Betting Thread [E]
Revelation replied to Dragon Warrior's topic in General Discussion
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B][quote name='Sandy][B]Revelation:[/B'] Isn't it creepy being outside in the dark on a fence? ;P Good call on the racist police, too! >;D[/quote] As strange as this may seem but...not really. I'm used to walking around that park. I've heard people tell me all sorts of crazy things about the park but, I don't know. I'm just not affected by it. [quote name='Sandy']Anyway, the picture is thrilling indeed. You would defs make a better leader that G.W.B., but I think the same could be said from all of the contestants. Even Clurr, who would turn the country into one gigantic sushibar. XP[/quote] By no means do I mean this rudely but...George W. Bush is a dickhead. I know that was very immature and unlady-like of me but it's true. He doesn't have a single clue as to how to run this country the correct way. Bill Clinton did a much better job and less people hate him. I don't necessarily despise him [because I haven't caught up on World News as of late]; however, the things he does is simply...stupid [for a lack of better words.] He is a simple-minded, good-for-nothing, poor-excuse-of-a-man and leader. But then again, that's just my opinion. Oh and to comment back on what you said about my picture: I saw the fence and I simply HAD to climb it...and have my friend take a picture of me doing it. I wanted to climb the baseball fence but she thought that since I was smaller, it'd look a bit more dramatic and funny. Sort of a simple irony, if you might. [Although, I'm not sure where that irony would fit. XP][/size][/color] -
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]My, you got this up quick. Well I'm looking forward to your latest production. I'm just dying to get to the satire. It'll be one heck of a story, I'm sure.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]DW with a gun? I thought he was a "greedy bastard." Maybe I was mistaken, maybe there's more to him than meets the eye...or perhaps there's less. But that's besides the point. The point is, this was a pretty good chapter. I didn't expect there to be a small free-for-all, thought this would be a quiet chapter with not a whole lot of action. I actually liked it though. It somewhat reminded me of this one movie- its name just whooshed me. But either way, it was good. I also agree with 'Zeke about Retri and White's outfits and personality. It suits them so well. And I just realized, they're sort of a yin and yang.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B] [indent][size=2][color=red][center]Picture removed - outside size parameters - site distorted.[/center] [right]--Raiyuu[/right][/color][/size][/indent] [center]Man, the cops are after me! Not again. It?s ?cause I?m Asian, isn't it?[/center] [list][*] If you could combine two animals, what would they be, and why?[/list] - I?d combine a komodo dragon and a dragonfly; although, a dragonfly is an insect. Therefore, it doesn?t really count does it? So in that case, I?d probably use an Angler Fish. The reason for this is simple: You have a semi-mysterious, over-grown lizard that has an uncanny likeness to a ?dragon?; then you have the intense and ferocious Angler Fish. Put them together and you have a Angodo Fish or Komongler Dragon. [list][*] If you had to film an action movie, what location in the world would you think would suit the most exciting action scene ever? (In other words, where would you film it?)[/list] - After just finishing watching [B]Smokin? Aces[/B] [which, by the way, I recommend you all go and see if you haven?t already] and just finishing playing [B]The House of Dead[/B], I?m all for the action. Anywho, If you think about it, it all depends on what sort of movie you?re planning to film and how you plan on doing it. It also depends on the plot, motifs, themes, etc. Basically, all in all, you?re bringing a book come to life. Anyways to answer the question, I?d most likely film my movie in an Asian country. Why, you ask? For one, it?s not because I?m Asian, I just have an affinity for their beautiful scenery- both natural and urban alike. Most of the places in Asia aren?t as well-known as the places in the U.S. therefore it gives a more dramatic outlook. It?d also offer a lot more ground to work with, meaning different places, different stunts, different everything. There?d be an array of choices: more thematic schemes, more character development, and a bit of a spice added to it. [list][*] Let?s say you ruled a country. Whether your economy prospers or not is up to you. In other words, you can be a harsh ruler to your people or a kind one. But what of food? Do you vary in vegetation and agriculture? Do you have a large marketing system? Perhaps some world wide food industries were founded in your nation. The question is, how do you run your country?s food situation following these guidelines? This takes more thought, folks. You can choose to make your food of plenty or not. What?s it going to be?[/list] - Living in a democratic nation [with an incompetent, asinine poor-excuse-for-a-leader], commerce would be essential. Friendly trade with out-of-country areas would of big consideration. Without friendly trade, where would this world be? I mean, there?d be no way that I?d allow my country to be fed off of fast food. It is an unhealthy lifestyle and absolutely horrendous, though it does taste good once in a while. As for the marketing, I say ?Let the games begin.? Businesses would enter competition with each other, grow at an incredibly fast-pace, and when one becomes a monopoly, downsize them and start allowing other businesses within the same area of marketing to grow. The way it?ll benefit my country is that there?d be about a few good amount of businesses and therefore food wouldn?t be scarce. There?s also trade and commerce, which?ll benefit us and the people we?re trading with. [strike][I?ll edit this tomorrow. I haven?t finished my answers. I?ve been swamped with finals and whatnot that I haven?t had time to do this. >
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]This thread has been moved to [B]Manga Workshop[/B]. Just a heads-up, anything revolving around a manga typically goes there. Confusing, I know. But, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. =P If you have any questions, PM a staff member and someone will explain it to you or at least do something helpful. >_
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]I'm glad I could help. Also a great way to look for names is if you Google "Baby names" and you can specify whether you want female or male. But I prefer to use 20000 Names.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]You know, I'm not too sure myself if this site'll help you any. It's called [URL=http://www.20000-names.com][B]20000 Names[/B][/URL] and I've used it to get some ideas for interesting, outworldly characters as well as simple and modern ones too. It's sort of like the site Lady A provided only this one just lists categories and nationalities. It's still a good site to go to, if you want to that is.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Darkness settled in and Juliet tried hard to look through it. It didn?t take long before she realized she had closed her eyes- or perhaps she covered them. When she opened them a hideous sight befell them. There, standing in front of her, was Dani and a woman. This woman had blood pooled around her. Dani merely stood there wide-eyed and shocked, Juliet?s eyes widened as well. The warm blood trailed down to where she stood and created a puddle around her feet. She couldn?t speak, Juliet just stood there watching, breathing, and wondering. Then like a sudden scene change in a play, Juliet was standing in a club similar to the one from that very night. In fact, it was the very same club and very same night. The same music played and the same people danced; except this time something wasn?t right. Juliet?s eyes trailed around the room looking up and down, right to left; there was nothing that could?ve seemed wrong?except for Quan standing in a corner with that god-awful smile looking in Juliet?s direction. He diverted his gaze to something below, in fact everyone was staring at something below. Juliet leaned forward on the railing and saw two small figures. Squinting her eyes, she realized the figures were her friend and the murdered man. She looked up to find Quan again but he was nowhere to be found, he was never anywhere to be found when you wanted questions. She swore under her breath and pushed her way down to the floor. The man scoffed as she came behind her friend. His mouth moved but no sound came out, only his mocking laughter was heard. This only fueled the fire that burned within. The same anger, the same rage, it all felt too familiar, it all felt like that night. And just like that distinctive night, inky blackness grew beneath Juliet and black tentacles twisted around her. They took form into snakes and darted towards the man; it didn?t take long for Juliet?s eyes to change to its white-gold color. He was silenced for now. The man?s laughter settled into a muffled scream. People backed away as the snakes hissed and slithered towards them. Without a moment?s hesitation, something triggered within Juliet that caused her to do what she feared doing most: kill. The black snakes thrust forward and choked, they combined to create weapons, and did all things chaotic. All the while, Juliet walked towards the man- pinned against the wall by her snakes. Air-cutting bloodlust exuded from her being, slicing the man as she got nearer but never touching him. As she got close enough to him, she recalled the black snakes and watched them climb up this man?s body. Juliet smiled devilishly and? She woke up with a gasp. Confused from her dream- more like nightmare- it took Juliet a few seconds to register where she was. She remembered coming to Dani?s house and having a few drinks. Sighing, she sat up and looked at the many empty bottles of alcohol; the leather jacket fell to the ground. Looking at it, it somehow reminded her of a distinct smell from last night.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]I can't believe you talked me into commenting...not that there's anything wrong with that. Anyways, long story short: You have a few grammatical errors, mainly SPELLING, other than that, everything seems to fit. Your story revolves around fighting, fighting, and more fighting. I'm pleased, [i]VERY[/i] pleased with it. I don't know why but to me, it seems like there's satire in there somewhere, which is good. I like satire because it's a relief from...well every other genre out there. And it makes the writing piece a bit more enjoyable, right? Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next piece. If I happen to show up in the next piece, I'd better not see myself as some sort of...yeah you get the picture since we already went through this. Anywho, keep it up, kid.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]*GASPS* I can't believe you just said that! Juliet is not PUNISHMENT! She is, in fact, err...okay so maybe she is punishment but still, she has to put up with Charles' and Dani's fighting. So obviously, she's got the short end of the stick. Darn boys thinking they can wave their hands high and act like king. They all will bow down to the Empress' feet and lift her name high! *steps off pedestal* Now then, shall we move on?[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]I'm really glad you're considering finishing up Crimes Of Hate. It really was a good piece and I'm sure the majority of the people here did as well. It had flair, style, and just about anything and everything you are, 'Zeke. Okay, now I'm just sugarcoating everything to make you write the finishing touches. Anyways, I can't wait to see what you've got in store for the rest of us. =][/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet shivered ever so slightly at the touch of Dani?s fingers against her temple and jaw. She wasn?t used to people touching her, let alone letting them touch her. In fact, this was probably the first in a long time she?s actually [i]let[/i] anyone get close to her. She breathed in slowly and exhaled to control her, what seemed like, racking nerves. Her eyes were closed but she could tell that Dani was smiling- not evilly or mischievously- but a genuine smile. She heard him breathe in sharply, but it wasn?t a forceful breath. Juliet?s hand wrapped around the snake statuette Dani had given her earlier. Its smooth edges and rippling lines that defined its scales seemed to calm her as it reminded her of her own snakes. Her breathing was slow and paced, as was Dani?s. Never once did she open her eyes. His fingers were soft, comforting. She couldn?t help but tense but his voice seemed to help soothe her. [B]?Relax, Juliet. I ain?t going to hurt you. Like I said, you can kill me with those snakes, right? So relax.?[/B] Juliet did as she was told, he must?ve been waiting for her to fully let go of her anxiety and weary before he let himself into her mind. In the recesses of her mind, all she could think of was, [i][B]I can?t let him open that door. He can?t open that door. If he does, I?ll?I?he just [/i]can?t [i]open that door. He mustn?t. I?ve kept it closed off?even to that rat bastard of a psychiatrist the damned law gave to me. Even so, that door can[/i]not [i]be opened?not even unintentionally.[/B][/i] Juliet finally opened her eyes and looked deeply into Dani?s icy blue eyes. She felt like she was almost being hypnotized by the magnitude of beauty it possessed. She had never seen eyes so gorgeous such as his, Juliet couldn?t close her eyes again.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B][B]Name-[/B] Reinhilde Montgomery [B]Also Known As-[/B] Monty. Monty Python [more commonly used by the Punks to tease.] [B]Age-[/B] 22 [B]Personality-[/B] A woman stuck between young age and desiring recognition, Monty is wise, knowledgeable, and understanding. Unlike the other Illuminati members, she understands the depth and multitude of the truth beneath the covenant; she does not underestimate the power it holds as a whole and thus tries to keep peace and balance within. In essence, Monty is a peacemaker, the one who everyone calls for when things get rocky, the one people go to for counsel, even the elder members. She is ultimately the foundation that holds the others, all the while doing her own job. However, under no circumstances should anyone underestimate her, for underneath the kindly exterior lies a deadly, terrifying, and apathetic woman when need be. She carries daggers for words and spits fireballs of wit, but also a fist of stone when angered and perhaps a steel toe. Yet, it is only when she?s been pushed to her limit, which rarely happens. [B]Appearance-[/B] With natural beauty and elegance, [URL=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/291/6/d/Persephone_by_lithiumpicnic.jpg]Monty[/URL] is like a goddess in the eyes of the members of the Illuminati and among her friends; albeit, she does not flaunt this. It is naturally shown yet subtly. She loves to keep her hair in hairstyles that seem to mismatch her personality and natural appearance; even so, her outfits consist of sophistication and casualness, as well as comfort and business. Apart from that, Monty has one non-Illuminati look about her and that would be the tattoo she sports. It is somewhat unbeknownst to Illuminati whether or not some of them keep such things on their body, yet Monty is one who does. [URL=http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snaketc0.jpg]Here[/URL] [B]Habits-[/B] Being born under the rule of Illuminati, Monty is respectful and good. She is ultimately the ideal ?girl? that many look up. Though, she has a tendency to suppress emotions- mostly negative- and in doing so, she resorts to wearing herself out through fighting, smashing things, and the like. Her specialty in this sort of thing is breaking anything glass; her favorite things to break are mirrors and windows, occasionally glass doors. Other than that, another ?habit? Monty has is sadomasochism. As terrible as it sounds, it goes hand-in-hand with the suppression of her emotions. Whether it is asked by the elders of the Illuminati or of her own accord, Monty finds pain pleasurable- whether it be her own or others. [B]History-[/B] Reinhilde Montgomery, also known as Monty, is one of many children born under the rule of the Illuminati. She is, however, one of the few to ascend to a position within the Illuminati before graduating college. For most Illuminati members either marry into or are ascended to position a few years after college. But for Monty, she ascended second year of secondary school. Everyone was amazed by the way she took hold of her position and authority, but also holding respect for the elders, who believed she would hold much pride for ascending at an early age. Yet it wasn?t that way. She threw her pride away and assumed professionalism, knowing that being called Illuminati wasn?t a right, it was a privilege and that it could be taken from her at any point. She is the second youngest of the Montgomery family and is the only one unwed within the family. She prefers to keep her social life at a low, for being a high ranking member of Illuminati meant that it took a lot of time out of her schedule; albeit, it wasn?t always that way for her. During her younger years, Monty was seen as a happy-go-lucky child who always brightened up a room whenever she stepped into it. She loved to sing and dance and entertain her family?s guests, always looking for applause. She never wanted to be center of attention or anything like the sort, only to be acknowledged. Her wish came true the day she was admitted into Illuminati, given the formalities and ceremonies. She despised it but bit her tongue. A few years after, the suppression took hold of her and turned her into a jaded character. She merely went on with life as if it were a task. Nothing meant anything since the day she entered Illuminati nor did anything else matter the day she was ascended. It didn?t matter, not the ascension nor anything only that she was there. All other trivial things were mundane and obsolete. [strike][B]EDIT:[/B] Finished! So sorry it took so long, Ozy. Flog me, stone me, just do whatever! >< I truly, really am sorry.[/strike] [B]EDIT:[/B] I changed my age to 22. It's my favorite number and besides, it goes better with her personality...in my belief.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B][B]1) What day is your birthday?[/B] February 22. [B]2) What is your zodiac sign?[/B] Pisces. [B]3) How does your zodiac sign describe your personality?[/B] For the most part: [QUOTE]Imaginative and sensitive Compassionate and kind Selfless and unworldly Intuitive and sympathetic[/quote] [QUOTE]Main positive personality traits: Uncommon ability to instinctively respond to given situations; compassionate; understanding; artistic, sacrificing.[/quote] Then again: [QUOTE]Escapist and idealistic Secretive and vague Weak-willed and easily led[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Main negative personality traits: Lazy, impractical, unrealistic, fearful, emotionally restrained, melancholy.[/QUOTE] [B]4) Does the description of your zodiac actually describe you? Why?[/B] Somehow the description describes me to a full and complete ?T?. It?s, as ?Zeke puts it, frightening. I mean to say that my personality, good and bad, are described to ?T?, if not close to it. I am compassionate, understanding, and all of that other good stuff; as well as lazy, secretive, and definitely an escapist. It?s just?scary how this all fits so well into who we are. [B]5) How does your zodiac sign PWN over the rest?[/B] Simply put, Pisces is the 12th sign and thus carries all of the former traits with them. In essence, Pisces will rule all. >=)[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]About 6 hours till New Year comes in. Anyways, 2006 wasn't all that bad. My grades are getting better, I got accepted into the college I wanted to go to, I met a really great person, I've gotten closer to some friends, I've met new friends, and just overall had what every average joe has- a life. Yet somehow, I dread it being 2007. For one, I'm graduating [thank goodness]. But other than that, I'm not really expecting anything from 2007. After all, you can't get disappointed if you don't expect anything. And please excuse my pessimistic view on things, I was never really big on what my future has in store for me. Anyways, hope everyone has a great New Year and don't do anything that I would do. =P[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet felt a tugging on her arm and slowly, she looked up. There was the face of Dani, extremely close to hers. It hadn?t registered that she was on top of Dani when he pulled her down; however when it did register, she quickly propped herself up on her hands, managing to stand up. Juliet ran a hand through her hair and cleared her throat. She looked down at Dani and noticed he propped himself up onto his arms and was looking up at her. She held out her hand and offered him help, which he, strangely enough, took. Juliet pulled him up and somehow the force managed to pull the two closer together. Juliet looked up once more into Dani?s face, only to pull away from him, reaching for another drink. [B]?So,?[/B] Juliet cleared her voice again, trying to make herself less flustered. [B]?how?d you know I liked snakes??[/B] She was looking at this beautifully engraved and decorated snake that was in her hand. Dani was right when he asked if she liked snakes and he was right when he said that she?d like it. [B]?A lot of people find that hard to believe.?[/B] Dani shrugged and mumbled out some incoherent words about her power, the Academy, and some other thing. Juliet ignored most of what he said and just stared at the statuette. While she stared at this, she couldn?t help but wonder if he knew about the 13th Zodiac, Ophiuchus. She wouldn?t know unless she asked. [B]?Let me ask you something, Dani.?[/B] He looked at her while he took another drink of alcohol. [B]?What do you know about the Zodiac?? ?Not much ?sall?[/B] He made no indication in his body language nor was there any difference in his tone of voice, but somehow Juliet figured he knew something. [B]?Why do you ask?? ?The only way you?d know I had an affinity for snakes would be if you knew about the 13th Zodiac??[/B] Juliet placed the snake on the table and leaned back into the sofa. She seemed sober all of a sudden. [B]?do you??[/B] Her eyes seemed to look straight into his soul. It had given Dani the chills, not many people did that to him. He took another swig of the Polonaise before he answered Juliet?s question. [B]?Yeah. I know about the 13th Zodiac. But it?s not why I thought you?d like that.?[/B] She raised a questioning brow, in which Dani answered, [B]?Your power gave me a hint. The way you used snakes and all.?[/B] Sighing, Juliet relaxed and poured herself another drink. She then put on the leather jacket Dani had offered before. It smelt like smoke and had a bit of his scent in it but somehow, Juliet found it comforting. She took another drink and went back to talking about her sign, Ophiuchus. It intrigued the both of them.[/size][/color]
-
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Obviously the man was buzzed from the Polonaise in his hand. She took a sip of the Wyborowa. It was a bit stronger than most of the alcohol Juliet had taken before but it left a strangely nice aftertaste. Putting aside the warmth of the alcohol running down her throat, Juliet was impressed. Dani lived in a particularly nice house and actually had manners behind the crudeness that he always carried. Juliet couldn?t help but look around the room. It was clean, organized, and?beautiful. Something she didn?t think Dani knew anything about, she was mistaken. She took another sip and felt the warm tingling down her throat. She stopped looking around the room and took a final sip, downing the rest of the drink. [B]?I?m assuming you can but either refuse to, won?t speak it, or don?t know how to speak it.? ?Like I said, ain?t nobody?s business if I can.?[/B] Dani poured her another drink and poured himself one, as well. He then leaned back into the couch and stared, not out of suspicion but out of curiosity, wonderment. He took a drink of his Polonaise and asked, [B]?What about you??[/B] Juliet tilted her head slightly and raised a brow in question. [B]?I mean, you?re not English but you?re not one of those bloody Americans. So?what about you??[/B] A light laughter escaped Juliet, one she hadn?t used since that particular day. She looked at Dani with glowing eyes, not the kind she had when she used her powers but the kind that seemed to bring life back into them. [B]?You?re right. I?m not English and I sure as hell ain?t American; although my birth certificate would say otherwise. Anyways, I?m Korean; born and raised in America for most of my life?until my parents sent me to live with my grandparents in Korea. And that?s my life story.?[/B] Before coming to Dani?s, Juliet hadn?t thought about conversing with him the way she was right now. She thought they?d sit at each ends of the room, glaring at each other, wanting the other to die, but for whatever reason, it wasn?t like that. Maybe it was because he was tipsy or maybe it was something else. Either way, she thought it was going to be a good night, perhaps an entertaining one at that.[/size][/color]
-
The OtaKuties- Contestants Thread [E]
Revelation replied to Dragon Warrior's topic in General Discussion
[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Well...if you can't beat them, join them. DW sure knows how to make a person say yes. =P [center][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9457/meehbp9.jpg[/img] [B]Name-[/B] Erica.[/size][/color][/center]