-
Posts
1857 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
4
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Korey
-
[quote name='AbbeyLiz']Rachmaninoff, I feel you're being quite offensive.. almost saying that my way of thinking is childish..?[/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]You say tomato..... It all depends on how you read Rach's post and how you interpret it. It would also depend on the maturity and age of the person reading it. I didn't see anything besides Rach stating his opinion (which he's allowed to have, btw). You can feel free to disagree with it. Rach doesn't have to believe what you want, nor does he have to be nice in the way he disagrees with you. He's not calling you childish, nor does he imply it. He thinks your way of thinking is silly, end of story.[/COLOR][/FONT] [quote name=' AbbeyLiz']If you think Ishmael is a work of fiction (indeed it is) and that people shouldn't really listen to it then what can you tell me about the Bible? Is the Bible not fiction? Only because Catholics read and believe it doesn't make it real, it doesn't make it anymore real to me.[/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"] The Bible may or may not be fiction, it all depends on what you choose to believe in. It's also not just Catholics that follow the words in the Bible. There's Protestants, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians...etc. You're certainly entitled to believe what you want though. [/COLOR][/FONT] [quote name=' AbbeyLiz']And who said I'm trying to convince someone of something? I intentionally stated that I understand people's ways of thinking for the purpose that I would not be coming off that I want to change anyone. My intentions are not to change, but possibly enlighten. If you don't wish to listen to my "enlightenment" then don't listen to it. I, honestly, enjoy hearing other's opinions and like being "enlightened".[/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Then why try to justify it? If you understand that people are capable of having a different opinion, then don't worry if they post accordingly.Your views are certainly welcome here and we encourage members to post their own ideas up, but don't be offended if someone decides to question your way of thinking or think lowly of it. Trust me, there are worse members than Rach (no offense Rach) that could have blown your post to smithereens in a not as friendly way.[/COLOR][/FONT] [quote name=' AbbeyLiz']What I'm really getting at, is that one life isn't superior to another one. If you kill a bug it is still killing a life. A life is a life, in my opinion. [/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Well, if your dog was vicious and killed many animals, would you put him on Death Row? Obviously not, and obviously that's a bit of a stretch, but I think that as the Human race we hold oursevles to a higher ethical standpoint than that of an animal. It's practically a given that animals will kill each other. Rules of the game they play, sadly. However, to hold something like a human's life, where humans are able to reason, is a different ball game than an animal who kills because they want to eat. It's apples and oranges really. [/COLOR][/FONT] [quote name=' AbbeyLiz']If your thoughts differ..please do tell :][/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"] Done ANNNNNNNNNNNNND done.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='itsoverninek']wasn't this thread about the death penalty? when did we get on this tangent about whether animals are people or not? lol weird[/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Because the natural course of human discussion may bring up multiple facets about the topic that's being discussed. We're not talking about animals are people, but rather how certain ethnicities had been considered "Animals" by other ethnicities in racially divided times. Please refrain from backseat modding and trying to bring the topic back on track without fully reading the posts. ~~~~~~~ Anyways, to bring up ChibiHorseWoman's point, the offender in this case couldn't be tried as an adult because he's under the legal age in most states. I don't know New York law, but here in Texas it's 15. Now the question really is how [B][I]IS[/I][/B] he going to be punished because he committed this crime in cold blood, without regard to human life. So the punishment would probably be the worst he could get with the death penalty off the table, because he's a minor. Regardless of past criminal activity, the bad tendency test was struck down a long time ago. So it's hard to say "Well he's been a criminal in the past, so let's execute him to stop the bleeding now." I personally live with the fact that some people are beyond redemption and will continue to do bad things regardless of any attempts to correct that behavior, but executing someone on the basis of prior criminal history, especially if the prior arrests were non-murder related charges is rather barbaric in my opinion.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Korey replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"][B]LRB[/B]- sweet hat dude. I'm instantly compelled to snatch it from you. Or I'll just buy one...maybe. Anyways, I dug up a recent-ish picture of me. This is me at the office, repping my boys, The New Orleans Saints. [/COLOR][/FONT] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/HaruharaK/DSC00753.jpg[/IMG] -
[COLOR="Gray"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Of all the vices I had- smoking, drinking, the whole rap sheet- gambling was not high on my list. I was content on just dealing out the hands and doing my best to keep up with Carol and Eros. It was like watching two grizzled war veterans go into battle. Their faces were blank and showed no sign of emotion, not even a smile when Lady Luck tossed a hand their way. I took out a smoke and was immediately met by Carol's stern stare. "Sweetie could you not smoke around Mrs. Young? Her old lungs can't take it." I wasn't about to raise an argumentative tone to Carol. It would have ended badly anyways. I dealt another hand and sighed. "What's bothering you?" Grace asked, mind full of curiosity. "I'm tired of running to be honest. It's not like we can escape them anyways. I'd rather go down in defiance then to give those bastards the satisifaction of seeing my back." 'Hey it was your idea to run jackass...'. my brother's voice echoed in my head. I went inside myself for a second.... 'Shut up. It's a reflex. You should know me by now, Jason.' 'Psh. I knew you would always get defensive, but you seem to have changed ever since she....' ' SHUT. UP. She's dead and there's nothing I can do about it. It's my fault you're gone and it's my fault she's dead too...' 'Listen to yourself, Korey. You need to stop beating yourself up for something you had no control over.' ' But if I had gotten there sooner...' ' What? Were you gonna stop the fire? What could YOU have done? I'm dead dude, who cares? You're still alive, so obviously you have something left to do.' I snapped back into reality. "Something left to do," I absent-mindedly muttered out. "What?" Eros said, questioningly "What do you have left to do, besides raise or fold?" "Oh...I fold. Excuse me..." "Where are you going?" Carol asked, in a motherly tone that only she possessed. "To stretch my legs." I said without looking back. "I'm coming with you," Grace said as she left the game sitting there at the table. "Fine. Be my guest." Grace and I ambled along inside the safe house. For something that was built for a quick escape, it was awfully large. It didn't surprise me, given the lavish nature of the estate we were just occupying. Mrs. Young obviously had money to burn. I lit a cig and took a few drags, blowing the air absent-mindedly into the room around me. Grace followed behind me, with a child-like curiosity radiating from her. "Don't think I don't know what happened back there. You were thinking about something huh?" Grace said, breaking the silence. "Not really." "Your lying is about as good as your martial arts. Tell me." "Why should I tell you? I don't even know you." "You know me enough to trust me." "Circumstances caused me to put my trust in you. To keep me alive, sure I trust you, but as a person....you can shove it." Grace stopped and looked at me. Even if she had survived countless attacks to her home and dodged being devoured, she had a soft side. A compassionate side. Grace wasn't icy like Eros or experienced like Carol. She was young, and still very impressionable. And I just crossed the line. "Why are you such an enigmatic asshole? Why can't you just let anyone in?" "Why do you have to be in my business? Jesus Christ, Kendra..." "W-What did you just call me?" I froze. This situation was all too familiar. I turned and met Grace's eyes. She stared at me with slight terror in her eyes. She didn't know what to make of my anger. She stared at me for the longest time before I managed the strength to utter... "Look I'm..." Grace put her hand up and placed it on my lips, quieting me. She studied my face further and it was like she wasn't looking at my body, but my soul. It's like she could see the wounded soul within me. She could see my vulnerable side. She came closer and her eyes met mine. I could feel the warm breath coming from the minute opening in her mouth. It caressed my skin and the softness of it only seemed to match the rest of Grace's personality. She lifted one hand and put it on my face and slid it down my cheekbone in a slow, almost rhythmic pattern. Then she finally broke her silence. "You don't have to be alone anymore. We are all here for you. Most importantly, I'm here for you, Korey." Grace thrust herself into my arms and began to sob. I instinctively put my arms around her and tried to comfort her. Her head rested on my shoulder, looking away into the distance. Her raven hair lay every which way against me. I stroked the back of her head and ran my fingers through it. For the first time in a while it felt good to comfort someone else besides myself. I had always lived with the mantra, "Live for yourself and only yourself" for the past two years. But in this moment of weakness... it wasn't about me. It was about comforting this one person. My heart was at ease.[/FONT][/COLOR]
-
[quote name='AbbeyLiz']hey, i'm Abbey. i'm a gamer... and i actually found this site while looking for a Zelda walkthrough cause i'm stuck >< but anyways, yea, i belong to a few different forums. i'm interested in hacking, gaming and music mainly. i like being outside, but its winter so its not my favorite right now..and yea idk, if you want to know more just ask :] my aim is: AbbersaurusRex :D[/QUOTE] [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] You came to the right place then. [B]Desbreko[/B] is our resident Zelda expert and he can answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions about games or gaming in general, don't hesitate to PM me or ask about it in the Arcade section. Come to think of it... *writes down a note* Welcome to the site! ~Korey[/FONT][/COLOR]
-
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Seconded. It's the fourth title that bears the Halo name, but it's not Halo 4. Consider this more of a different part of the series. While I'm sure that people are clamoring for Halo 4 (I'm not), Bungie is putting their best foot forward with Halo Wars for right now. I'm most looking forward to [b]Street Fighter IV[/b] right now. I'm gonna pick it up for the 360 to save buying an extra joystick and avoid using pads to learn this game. Hopefully they'll have some local stuff going on in town for the game. I'll be on the horn with my buddies here so we can play and learn the game. Another game on my horizon is Star Ocean. While the last entry did kind of bore me (and made me impatient. Till the end of time? how fitting) , I still loved the first two entries in the series and I hope this game doesn't disappoint me.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]That's an interesting question though, Drizzt...because as a game developer you want to evolve your series so that you don't give the same old experience every time with new characters. At the same time, you don't want to stray away from the bread and butter of your series hallmarks. I'd say in FFXIII's case, it'd be better to use the battle system that they're thinking about because ATB gets old fast. It's a race to see who can go first and the battles, while fast, aren't nearly as fun as some other battle systems. Plus the "Stand and wait, then we attack" system is rather archaic and hackneyed, wouldn't you say? I would pick this one up (YES SANGOME I AM) just for the sake of playing it. Plus it'll look nice on my 360. HDMI and all that. ;) [/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='Magus'][Color=darkgreen]Yeah, I'm well aware of Dan being a joke character, and I agree that it was fun to play as him from time to time. We just couldn't ever finish a fight because of the noises he would make (YAHOO!!!), and laughing pretty hard. I think it was Alpha 2 where we heard that for the first time.[/color][/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Yeah I think Dan's various sounds were funny too, although the funniest sounds were the ones your opponents made when they got beat by Dan. [/COLOR][/FONT] [quote name=' Magus][color=darkgreen']You're the 6th person to say the 360 controllers were bad... I should probably go in here and check out these controllers and see what everyone is talking about. I haven't really paid attention my controllers since I just use the analog part... (Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry and whatnot) I also liked the Saturn controllers (Not that big clunky controller though.)[/color][/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][color="indigo"]The thing that's bad about 360 controllers is the buttons. They stick out, which makes them a pain to press in rapid succession. It really kind of grates on the fingers. I've seen people with blishters after trying to play on a 360 pad. The Saturn had better buttons for fighters, since the buttons curved inwards into the controller and made rapid and successive button presses easy.[/color][/FONT]
-
[OFFICIAL] The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2008 - Nominations
Korey replied to Shy's topic in General Discussion
[COLOR="Indigo"]Time for an addendum to my list. [B]Who is it?[/B] Sabrina [B]Why is she nifty? [/B] Simply put, Sabrina is the nicest, purest person you will ever come across. Not saying she can't be stern, but I don't think Sabrina can actually be mean to someone. She doesn't possess it. While some view that as a potential flaw, Sabrina shows it's an overwhelming strength. She contributes to the network in many ways and it's been a pleasure to know her. [B]What is it?[/B] The Art Studio [B]Why is it nifty?[/B] I did do some stuff for the Art Studio, mostly just some work with the Art by Requests section. However, Boo does keep it going in strong with the Signature of the Week contests and other events, like the Graphic Worm. I think that OB does feature some fine work and it's been fun to be a part of that work.[/COLOR] -
[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']I pretty much covered my views on the death penalty in my last post, but since somebody had to rebuke me I figured I'd add a tid-bit of knowlege. Without proof you have no argument. [/quote] [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]No, [B][I]you[/I][/B] have no argument.:rolleyes: [/sarcasm] While Retribution may be speaking in generalities, a quick google search can find that the costs for executing Death Row inmates are actually comparable to that of court fees and the appeals processes that Death Row inmates may do. So in all actuality, the prices are virtually equal. Now just letting them sit in there for life without possibility of Parole is much cheaper, but the process can still go through appeals hearings. So incarceration in general is one huge cash cow. And we have the gall to complain about court fees for speeding tickets.:p[/FONT][/COLOR] [quote name=' Drizzt']Without proof I can say that all those in favor of abolishing the death penalty are from the dwarf planet Pluto.[/quote] [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]They're from one of the satellites of Jupiter actually. Io, methinks.[/FONT][/COLOR] [quote name=' Drizzt'] I can argue to my hearts content, but without proof I have nothing. So what I'm saying is get proof of this, THEN, forget about posting it because I'm sure you are right IF. The person who is on death row gets an inordinate amount of appeals and sits on said row for many years.[/quote] [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]As opposed to any other Row? Life Row? Purgatory Row? Out of Body Experience row? There's only one Row as of right now.[/FONT][/COLOR] [quote name='Drizzt']Solution, modify Texas' "express lane" service. 2 appeals or less ONLY in this lane.[/quote] [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ah, nice wit. Might wanna shoot that up to Perry then. He'll stamp it with the Texas seal of approval. [/FONT][/COLOR] [quote name='Drizzt']Plus if you think of somebody who's spending life in prison. What happens if they appeal over and over and over and over and over? Then how does it cost more to shoot them up with some nice sleeping meds and a nice long nap?[/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Well, you figure you have to get the physicians to perform the procedure and handle the chemicals, the chemicals themselves...you pay to have the families brought down to witness the procedure. You pay for the equipment. It adds up eventually. Someone has to make money out of the deal and the right people are doing the job. You don't want Billy Joe Bobby Ray, who guards block B to be doing the procedure with a rusty needle filled with lord knows what.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='Retribution'][font=Arial]I don't know how to say this any other way. I acknowledge that I'm making a generalization when I say "the wronged party does not behave dispassionately" and thus is more predisposed to seek the death penalty. Of course it's not true in 100% of cases, but for the vast majority I would say it holds. [/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]I can't agree with this. Regardless of the families emotions towards the crime, the punishment must fit the crime that is committed. If you want to say that killing is wrong, then let's put it in this perspective. You're at a friend's house and you've had a few drinks. You decide you're ok to drive home and your equally drunk friend goes with you. You lose control of your vehicle and you crash into a tree. Your friend wasn't wearing his seatbelt and gets ejected from the vehicle and dies on the scene. Because of your carelessness and regret, you just killed another person. Obviously his family isn't going to be too happy with you about it, but would it be fitting to say "Oh I wanted to seek the death penalty because you killed my child by your own carlessness?" Would you really want that for yourself for something you didn't do purposely? I wouldn't go so far as to say even the vast majority of homicide cases even warrant the death penalty. I would say that for especially heinous acts, like mass murder, terrorism, sexual assaults, and genocide. I would also extend that to crimes done not as "murders of passion", where the murder takes place after an argument between two parties that are familiar between one another, but as "remorseless crimes", ones that are done with utter disregard to any sort of life.[/COLOR][/font] [quote name='Retriubtion']You'll always be able to find a few exceptions to the rule, however in large part, victimized parties in the US seek death.[/quote] [Font="franklin gothic medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Hardly, and to prove my point I'd like to direct you [URL="http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/crimes-punishable-death-penalty"][COLOR="Blue"][U]here[/U][/COLOR][/URL]. Every wronged party does not have the right to seek the death penalty in murder cases. The defendant has to satisfy specific qualities. Most of them involve aggrivated murder with having to meet special circusmstances. So even though a murder may occur, it has to go through over 15 facets in most states before it can be considered a death penalty worthy trial. So like I mentioned earlier, it has to be a really heinous crime for capital punishment to even be considered.[/COLOR][/font] [quote name=' Retriubtion']I'm of the opinion that the death penalty is indeed killing for revenge. It's a very basal practice that fails to transcend our primal urges to exact an eye for an eye. The vast majority of the developed world (read: the west) has done away with it, and the fact that America still clings to it is bizarre. Our country is perhaps the most resistant to progress in the west.[/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Well, I like to take the "put yourself in the victim's shoes" angle here. If your family was mercilessly slaughtered at the hands of some lunatic, would you not seek the death penalty? Or would you cling to some sort of moral high ground, even though this person just took everything from you, with no regards to your wishes? I think that the decision lies in the hands of those from case to case, but to say that America is bizarre because it clings to the death penalty and is resistant to progress is also to say that penitentiaries aren't full or that heinous crimes, worthy of capital punishment, should just result with some bars slammed in front of you. I'm not really trying to discount anyone who thinks that the death penalty is wrong and that we shouldn't have it as a society. However, I do ask that people look at all sides of the issue and try to envision yourself being a victim of the crime or a relative of the victim of the crime. Most people who get into this kind of discussion and take a moral high point fail to realize the reasons why we have the death penalty in the first place.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='Humaru'] Another game would have to be Mario Kart! Its simple enough to just hold a button down and turn ever so often![/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]So I take it you never use Items? Oh this WILL be fun. While I do agree Mario Kart is a relatively simple game, there are some subtleties about it that the casual player doesn't really look at. Especially with the Wii version now on our hands. Imagine drifting around any and every corner. Now you see that there's more than meets the eye to Mario Kart.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='Magus'][color=darkgreen]I don't think anyone talks about Dan because he's not really all that good. Atleast I don't think he was. I know everytime me or my brother chose him, we'd always bust out laughing and could never finish the fight.[/color][/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Well, it's easy to say Dan sucks, but you gotta remember, he's a joke character in every sense of the word. It's fun to play as him, but he does have strategies and moves just like everyone else. Winning with Dan really isn't a joke as much as it is a challenge. Alpha 2 Dan wasn't half bad though...[/COLOR][/FONT] [quote name=' Magus][color=darkgreen']So what system/console will people get this for? I'll be going with the 360, not like I have a choice in the matter lol. If I had a ps3 too, I'd probably get it for that over the 360 seeing how I'm so used to playing the Street Fighter series with the PS controller. (Especially with me coming off of SFA3.)[/color][/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"] I'm going to get this for the 360 as well, because I already own a joystick for the 360 and it would be silly to get it for any other system. Plus I own the HDMI cables for the 360 too...so I'll get to enjoy my SF4 in HD quality. I hear you on the PS/ Xbox controller though, Magus. Those things are horrible.....the 360 controllers anyways. But I wish I could get a Sega Saturn controller. Those things were made for fighters, imo.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Well in that case, it may be better to emphasize the reputation system on our next version, especially if we can create proper icons and stuff for it. I like the idea of rating individual posts (even if it's simple, like thumbs up or thumbs down). Thread ratings are nothing new and we did used to use them years ago. They were never terribly successful. This was because a couple of threads would carry ratings while most didn't... most people just wouldn't bother rating a thread. But yeah, we'll see. I'm sure there are plenty of options to make sure that we can recognize contributions from members in a variety of ways.[/font][/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"] Alright hold on, let's discuss why Rep is a bad idea. I am a member of Shoryuken.com, that has post thumbs up or down and lemme tell you, while it may emphasize good posts and things of that nature...it also opens the door for "gang raping" of posts or members that may not be popular. It's not really representative of good posts or not, just a popularity contest more than anything. So I'd say nay to that, unless we could disable that feature.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='Aurgelmir']Well, this is mine: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=503kXDeX8g"]-503kXDeX8g[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE] [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I think that should work better for you. Remember, the tags work like this, but with brackets. (youtube="title of your vid")numbers after the V= (/youtube) ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]
-
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Now while I don't normally play FPS games, I got into [b]Call Of Duty: World At War[/b] and I must say, wow. The game's story is cool, the presentation of the story is creative and very interesting and the game play is spot on. Also, the game doesn't look half bad on my HDTV, heh. I've also been playing a lot of Capcom vs SNK 2 recently, after a recent spurning at the hands of my buddies. Too bad they're not as proficient as me in some other fighters, but I have more time on my hands now. Right now I'm practicing all the Custom Combos in the game, as they seem to rule over all other forms of game play that are present in the game...:animesigh[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Feel free to disagree on this one, but I think it's my theme song.[/COLOR] [CENTER][YOUTUBE="Return of the Mack"]yIZJ_fL_FT4[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER][/FONT]
-
[quote name='Octopus Royalty']Yeah but they were killed off AFTER God gave man dominion over the animals. It was our responsibility to take care of them and we blew it.[/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"] Tell that to the ASPCA. Their whole job is to stop Animal Cruelty. Or how about those lovely folks at PETA? I'm sure they'd throw some red paint around to get their point.[/COLOR][/FONT] [quote name='Octopus Royalty']I'm pretty sure God made two eggs of different sexes, who then bred after they became adults. And the chicks wouldn't have died on their own...Why would God make eggs to start a species and then just let them get killed off? He wouldn't.[/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]But the same can be said about this. What if God created just two adults to start off with, as he did with Adam and Eve? I'm pretty sure that God didn't create Embryos first, because that would be a waste...ce n'est pas? The thing is, unless we were there...it was hard to say what came first. This argument has been beat to death with no real conclusion to be drawn. I'll guess we'll have to wait until time travel comes out of the fictitious realm and becomes a reality.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='Magus']Haha, helpless little animals? The only helpless animal I recall seeing is a chocobo. Dying from women with magical powers might not be so bad, but then again I'd run if I ever see icicles forming at someones finger tips... If she cast stop I'm as good as dead (Wouldn't know how to counter that... Haste?) heh.[/QUOTE] [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Wear a Ribbon?[/FONT][/COLOR] [quote name=' Raiha']But then again, I might also want to live in the No More Heroes universe so I can wield a lightsaber, shout out the name of my favorite pudding to go Super Saiya-jin, and do odd jobs for months at a time. [/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]I want to be in the No More Heroes universe to have some badass name like "Korey Snapurballshoff" or "Korey Bodycheck" or something like that. Plus all the cheeky humor would totally work for me. It's like heaven, but with lightsabers.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='chibi-master']GWAH!!!:o I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!!! Mark my words, I will attain the "Senior Member" title!!!:smirk:[/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Good luck, since not even James has reached that mark. I will say this though. For your one year or so being on OB, you've almost already past my post count. So it's one of two things. 1)You post more 2) I lurk more I think it's the latter rather than the former. I do visit every day, but most of my visits pertain to checking on my section and various other things, mod-y sort of stuff.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Perhaps you prefer arguing with people that believe the same as you? I'm sorry but i just don't understand this. Arguing with another person who has a different view is such a great thing. You can learn so much. Why would you pass that up? [/FONT][/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]I would pass it up on the fact that religious views have been argued to death on Otakuboards and I'd rather stay clear of the shrapnel, because someone always takes special measures to add their own opinion and shoot down the others and dismiss them as silly or even downright wrong. I'm all up for discussion, but arguing is rather pointless if neither side is able to concede even just an inch for their beliefs. Know what I mean?[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Hello Twilight Zelda, welcome to Otakuboards. I'm sure this was mentioned before in the thread. But in this thread, we try to generate discussion by giving reasons for why we played the games for over 100 hours. Simply generating a list doesn't generate any sort of discussion, so if you could please either elaborate on your post further or do that in the future, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a Private Message. Thanks, Korey CRAZY MOD EDIT: Now I believe I've said something about generating lists before...so I ask one more time. Please try to do more than just list games, because a list doesn't generate discussion. If we can't follow the rules, I'll turn this car around![/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name=' Ace']A thread wherein I must justify my beliefs to someone who's clearly stated that they're only in it for the sake of arguing? I do believe I lack interest.[/quote] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"] Exactly. I'm not about to argue over my beliefs with someone who obviously believes differently than I. I'll leave it at this. You say tomato.[/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[quote name='chibi-master']Personally, I like the post counts! What's the big deal anyway, they're optional, after all. And I can't wait to become a Senior Member someday! How many posts are required for that anyway?:confused:[/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"] Chibi Master, I think I know the number. *points to Attachment* [/COLOR][/FONT]
-
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Seeing as my title can't grow any regardless of my post count, it doesn't matter. The only qualm I have with it is this. Doesn't it look rather cluttered to you guys. I mean you have... USERNAME TITLE POST COUNT THEOTAKUPROFILE PHONE NUMBER E-MAIL Ok, so the last two don't actually exist, but you get the point. It's too busy for my eyes and makes the title look cluttered. Also, if someone wanted to know your post count, they could simply look up your profile, since it's stated there. No need to publicly display it on every post, because you can see it on your own profile. But hey.[/COLOR][/FONT]