[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Kaia sighed as she looked at the 'car' so to speak; it could be handy that was for sure but there was no way it would hold all of them, scratching the back of her head she looked at it again and shook her head, just no way. But as everyone started to pile there things in and clamber in as well she saw that they all could squeeze in if they all almost literally sat on one another. Shrugging she let Kenzie take the wheel and pushed her way inbetween Oni and Jensen. Looking at the others she sighed and leaned forward.
"Hey Ken, head North for a little while."
"I thought we were supposed to be going North West?"
"Yeah I know, but I heard that there were rumors of a small town around here somewhere to the North that was more a ranch than anything."
Jensen leaned forward now, interested it seemed, as well as Oni who chose to sit back and listen.
"Ranch for what exactly?"
"Not really sure if I remember what they call them up here, but horses I suppose is the safe thing to say."
"Horses? I thought everything died during the fallout."
""Well I thought so too, but from rumors I hear coming in and out of the bunker that's not true. I guess some of the animals mutated or something like that."
As if to put her statement home they all turned to look at a pack of barking dogs who seemed to look like walking zombies. Their fur was gone and parts of their skin seemed to be melted away, their eyes had a feral and wild look to them but the group could tell that they had been, undoubtedly, dogs at some point in time.
"My point exactly. Although I don't think they all look like that...at least, I hope not."
Her hand wandered down to her left pistol as if to comfort herself that she had her weapon and hadn't left it behind; shaking it off she leaned back some and sighed as the sun blazed down on them, it was hot, and humid and it smelled horrible compared to the filtered air of the bunker but she could also smell the dirt and the grass, no matter how dead it was. She put her hand on Kenzie's shoulder and patted it.
"If you need a break from driving let one of us know and we'll take over, we should get there in a few hours."
He nodded and she leaned back the rest of the way resting her head against the back on the seat and let her eyes roam over the sky. Her mother had told her stories of it once, saying it was blue and clear and beautiful; but that was not what she saw now. The sky she looked at now was yellow, and dirty looking, thick with the remains of the fallout. She draped her arm across her eyes and heaved another sigh, this was crazy, they shouldn't be out here, not in this mess...so why were they? This 'purifier' could all just be some sick joke made up to screw with them...either way, if a few months they would now...or a year? What if it took longer than that? Would they ever find it? She jumped slightly as Oni nudged her in the ribs lightly.
"Your thinking to much."
"I am not."
He smirked snidely and ran a hand through his hair.
"Your forget my profession."
"And you forget mine kid. I'm your cook. Don't make me mess up yours."
His face paled slightly and he grew quiet, nodding she slipped down into the seat to get comfortable and closed her eyes letting the oblivion of sleep take over; it only seemed like moments later when Kenzie jerked the wheel to the right making everyone in the car yell out in surprise. Kaia sat up fully and clamped a hand down on his shoulder.
"What the hell was that all about?!"
She looked up at Leo as he climbed from the back of the vehicle and stood as still as a statue.
"What is going on?"
Kenzie shook his head as if clearing it of fog as Sarge and Jensen also hopped out of the car, it was than that she heard growling, inhuman and dangerous all around her, looking up her eyes met the red and yellow mixed ones of a creature almost as large as Leo. It was black, and shadowed them all except for Leo.
"...Black Death..."
"What the hell does that mean?!"
She looked at Sarge as he spoke.
"They are said to be bears."
Kaia looked that the thing again and could clearly see the large paws and thick fangs of the beast.
"Well that's nice, but how the **** are we supposed to get rid of it!?"
Sarge and Kenzie hoisted up their guns aiming at it.
"Oh well that's just great!"
Kaia in turn pulled her pistols from their holsters and aimed.
"Guess it's time to see how well we work together!"
Firing the first shot the rest of the fight was a blur of gun shots, and blood as the rest joined in as well.
[color="#8B0000"]okay there you have it. I know it's early but this isn't a vacation. xD show us what you got![/color][/color][/font]