[color="#006400"]I could probably write a short novel about these kinds of things if I put enough thought into it, but let's see ...
[b]My "Metallica" complex[/b]
I have a sort of mental block about getting into anything that has become wildly popular for very little reason. The average Metallica "fan" really only ever boasts songs like [i]Enter Sandman[/i], [i]Master of Puppets[/i] (actually a good song, though), or maybe [i]One[/i] before they've depleted the extent of their knowledge of the band. I think in my lifetime I've only ever met one person who was really into them, and it was actually sort of relieving to hear about the band from someone who is actually into the music and albums as a whole. He would ask what kind of music you were into, and then point out an album or certain songs that he thought you'd like based on your answer. Though I still haven't really given them much of a listen to this day.
[size="1"]There are probably a handful of other bands I choose not to listen simply because it seems like people think they are better than they really are. Nirvana is another victim of this for sure.[/size]
[b]Pretty much any [i]old[/i] classic movie[/b]
There's really no reason for this outside of laziness. Every once in a while I'll look up a 'new' one and watch it, but it's a slow progress. I think the most recent thing I've watched is [i]Breakfast at Tiffany's[/i], mainly because Audrey Hepburn was a total fox, lol. But yeah, [i]Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, Some Like it Hot, Revel Without a Cause, Casablanca, Brazil,[/i] a variety of old horror movies, any James Bond movie pre-Pierce Brosnan. I have a book a I got for Christmas one year of '501 Must-See Movies,' so it's good to have a reference for when I'm in the mood, lol.
[size="1"]My exposure to music I think suffers a lot because of this sort of thing. I know there were plenty of bands in the past that were amazing, but I never get around to listening to them; or even if I manage to get an album or two I never really take the time to sit down and just let them play. I couldn't really name any off the top of my head, which doesn't help the problem. It's only when someone else brings them up that I think, "Oh yeah! I should get around to them."
[/size]
[b]Facebook[/b]
Bwuahaha, I don't think I'll ever be seduced by this thing. I used to be part of it back when it was a college-exclusive thing, but even then didn't use it a whole lot. Later, I ended up making a different account after it had been public for a while, but still really didn't get too involved. Since then I've frozen and had that account removed. I started another one recently only to find someone I didn't know how to contact any other way so I could talk to them about something, but haven't touched it since. The only thing I think I might use this site for is if I had a business or just something that had a larger following (like a blog or website or something), so I'd maybe make a Facebook page for that idea to make it easier to communicate with followers and attract more. Which sort of brings me to my next thing:
[b]Twitter/Flickr/Tumblr/etc[/b]
I've never gotten into any of these simply because of a lack of anything interesting to put there. Same goes for actually being a contributor to YouTube. My group of friends is depressingly small, and I have even less of a life. So even though I see how places like this could be fun or useful, I just don't really bring anything to them.[/color]