-
Posts
5492 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Sara
-
[size=1]There are two skins to choose from, and James said at one point [okay, more than one, but one recently] that more were on the way.[/size]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Circéus [/i] [B]Well, depend which animal you're talking about: the slug can't jump. I know, however, that the Elephant is the only mammal that can't jump. What's the name of the squirrel in "Ice Age"? [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]True enough; I wasn't thinking clearly.[/SIZE]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i] [B]Yoshi's got it right. :D We're dealing with a converging series, ie an infinite series with a finite sum. The paradox is only possible if one assumes that the sum of an infinite set of numbers is infinite. This, as we know, is not the case. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Hey, I said that! Sort of... Circeus...eh...the Greek fates? I think they were Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. Dunno about in French. o0 And with my luck, you're probably talking about something else entirely.. bother. What animal cannot jump?[/SIZE]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Elite [/i] [B][b]Only a few people would like to meet the man himself, Desert Shadow. For some reason I remember his favourite number: 72. He would be the reason I write in bold, along with AJeh I think :D[/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Heh, Desert was great. Yep, 72. And silly buckets, and bold type, and goofy poetry. ^_^[/SIZE]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i] [B]Hopefully, someone OTHER than MathGuy can answer this, but if not, I guess its all up to you dude? ;) [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Isn't that one of Xeno's paradoxes? Either you would eventually reach some point that can no longer be halved--meaning that distance or reality has a 'smallest unit,' or just just take a big jump and go over a bunch at once. Er...if the distances become infinitely smaller...em... Okay, what about this? First you travel half, then one fourth the total, then one eighth, and so on...so..if you keep doing all that, so on into infinite, it comes out to '2,' right? You can add the smaller parts infinitely, but it won't come out to infinite....or...eh.. No, I'm not actually going anywhere with this. Er...okay, Mathguy, your turn.[/SIZE]
-
[size=1]They all fit nicely together. Trying to keep them all seperate--or one seperate from the others--would be tricky, and just...kinda pointless. It would draw away from the other areas. Besidea..what if you wrote a poem about a show or story? Heh.[/size]
-
[size=1]Remarkably, my first attempt at posting in this thread did not appear. And so, this post is brought to you by [i]Sara Revisited.[/i] Not actually real, but an incredible re-creation. Shy, regarding kidnapping me: I don't know which should worry me more. The idea that you had such plans, or the fact that I'm disappointed. Ginny, regarding the close proximity of our names: It is amusing, isn't it? And now, a list. [b]Shy.[/b] Of course. [b]Ginneh.[/b] Of course. Desert Shadow. Nerdsy, KK, Ben, Obie. Roxie. Justin. Piro. [strike]jc[/strike] Des. ssj chic. Navi. Shaun. Deus. Devidramon. Pyrophobic. Break. Crazy White Boy. Anna. Jenna. James. [strike]Mnemolth[/strike] Mnemolth. Heaven's Cloud. Semjaza Liam, [i]et al[/i]. Juu, Bryan, Mitch. Mist.[/size]
-
[size=1]I read [i]The Hobbit[/i] in second [or third?] grade. It went downhill from there. I read the entire [i]Lord of the Rings[/i] trilogy by the middle of fourth...Most of the [i]Dragonriders of Pern[/i] books were fifth grade, along with [i]The Rowan[/i], etc. [Anne McCaffrey, and leaning more towards Science Fiction.] Somewhere in there were a few other series. [i]Chronicles of Narnia[/i] was a big one, of course. I read that straight through in fouth grade. [By C.S. Lewis.] Fifth or sixth grade saw me hooked on the [i]Xanth[/i] books, by Piers Anthony. [Fantastic, hugely amusing books, by the way.] Another 'milestone' book was [i]Sabriel[/i], by Garth Nix. Wow. Fantastic book. I was a Tamora Pierce nut starting from sixth grade: [i]Song of the Lioness[/i], [i]The Immortals[/i], and [i]Circle of Magic[/i] quartets. There are two more, now: [i]Protector of the Small[/i] and [i]The Circle Opens[/i], which I read as they come out. I think it might have been sixth or seventh grade when I discovered [i]The Golden Compass[/i] by Philip Pullman. I read [i]The Subtle Knife[/i] as soon as I found it, and waited in over a year of agony for the final book to come out. [[i]The Amber Spyglass[/i].] It was worth it. Anyway..yeah. I don't remember what year Harry Potter swept across the nation. Two or three years ago? Eighth or ninth grade, then. My..I [i]am[/i] a book nut, aren't I?[/size]
-
[size=1]In this case, "cooties" would be some imaginary disease one caught from the opposite sex. And Sere's got the other part right. Kids would make two circles and two dots on their hand, while chanting that rhyme. The other one was something like "Circle Circle Square Square, now I've got it everywhere." I think. Wow. That was a long time ago.[/size]
-
[size=1]Not to be offensive, but version one is a far cry from what we have now.[/size]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i] [B]I'm sure that it would be handed down to, we all know who, Sephiroth. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]That was the universal reply last time I recall this thread being around...but Safer's faded away, hadn't you noticed?[/SIZE]
-
[size=1]Hang in there, Teddy. ;)[/size]
-
[size=1]Christmas Spirit? Not this year, I guess.[/size]
-
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][color=indigo]Not too shabby. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]You have no idea how deeply it disturbs me that you said that. And she's cute, punk_3. ;)[/SIZE]
-
[size=1]Otaku? Nope. I joined cause Ginny asked me to. I'm just here for the people. :p And I guess, after so long, I wouldn't know what else to do with so much free time.[/size]
-
[size=1]But we wouldn't care about the strawberries...[/size]
-
[size=1]And I'm [b]Princess God-is-gracious warlike [or warrior][/b]. That [i]almost[/i] makes sense. I still get a kick out of 'Princess Warrior,' though.[/size]
-
[size=1]I don't have a solid stand on the truth right now. The raw concept scares me and intrigues me at the same time. I love it, I hate it, I admire it, and I'm afraid of it. It's foreign to me. Everything's shades of grey, which is difficult for me to admit. I've always been a Christian, and I look at the Ten Commandments, and other rules and laws, and wonder if they're really the right thing. They're supposed to be, but I'm not seeing them that way. Life's too real to search after far-away ideals. On a different note: When you can't admit the truth about something to yourself, it's hard to admit it to others. As far as telling the truth.. I would not tell the truth if it would hurt someone I loved. Just as I would not lie. If it would 'ultimately' help them, that would be different. The situations I have in my head are complicated. I would not tell the truth maliciously, and if were something of great import, I would not tell it without good reason. It's a dangerous thing. A little bit of truth can do many times more damage to a person--socially and emotionally--than a hundred lies. [Edit] Shy, I will never see you any differently. You're somewhere between my big brother and a best friend. All I have to say is what I said tonight on AIM: I love you, and please don't let me lose you. [/edit][/size]
-
[SIZE=1]I'm the same person, but I act differently in different environments. I act differently in school than I do at home, and differently at home than I do in Otaku L. I act differently in this forum than I do in Digimon. It's all a matter of context. I think I tend to be misunderstood more on OB, as it's difficult to get emotions and inflections across through type. But I act the basically the same wherever I am. I'm quiet when there are a lot of people around--whether in school or a chat with folks I don't know well. I talk more with friends, tho' both online and off, I'm usually the quietest of them. I suppose one could say I''m quieter IRL. Simply because...I am. One of the fun things about an online forum is the opportunities you have to participate in discussions one usually wouldn't see in 'real life.' Because of the variety of topics, I have more to say. I also tend to be able to act more...neutral...online. If I'm very upset, or very giddy, you would notice it instantly if you were in the same room with me. I can't hide that sort of thing. But when you can go over and think out every reply, you can keep your emotions under a little tighter reign. Although I admit I don't always take advantage of the opportunity. [/SIZE]
-
[B][color=indigo]Hehe, do you not love me more because of it? ^_^[/color] [/B] [SIZE=1]How could I help, but?[/SIZE] [B][color=indigo]Political, of course. ;)[/color] [/B] [SIZE=1]Had to throw that out. You left it so open. :p[/SIZE]
-
[B][color=indigo]They think that I am trying to say that religion and politics are one in the same... honestly, I plead the fifth on that one.[/color] [/B] [size=1]The irony in that is killing me. :whoops:[/size] [B][color=indigo]Someday I shall have to choose one, I suppose. I shall look into it then.[/color] [/B] [SIZE=1]Religion or political party? [/SIZE] :smirk:
-
[size=1]Do a search for dave barry's gift guide.[/size]
-
[size=1]Yeah, no one post anythig else. You'll be repeating...stuff.[/size]
-
[size=1]Sorry 'bout that. I've been upset. I guess I shouldn't try for that sort of humor when I'm not level-headed. Yes, that was humor. Actually, I like the ending. It fits. Ya, I've read Romeo and Juliet. I've read all sorts of stuff without happy endings and liked a lot of it.[/size]
-
[size=1]We get a tree after my sister's birthday. So we've got another week...[/size]