Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Sara

Members
  • Posts

    5492
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sara

  1. [size=1]Not really, as I never see you post anymore. :toothy: Poor James. Everyone's getting all excited about something. [/size]
  2. [size=1]I live by...um...no one I really know. Heh. I think there are a couple people here from Milwaukee and Chicago, but those are both annoyingly far away. [Well, not really, but geez...who wants to go to Chicago? :p[/size]
  3. [size=1]Well, Wisconsin is in the Midwest, but I have to say, it's interesting enough. :toothy: I grew up three blocks away from Lake Michigan, yea! I've spent so many summer hours there, it isn't even funny. I truly love that place. [Zoo Beach, it's next door to..the Racine Zoo! Also within walking distance, go figure.] Now I live next to this big fun woodsy county park out in the country. I miss living by my lake [yes, it is [i]my[/i] lake], but, you know. We were driving jhome from Eau Claire last Sunday [E.C. is upper-ish Wisconsin] and I was just struck by how beautiful the state was. ^_^ Wished a million times I had the photography equipment to capture it. It was sunny, and in a very hilly area, so you could see layer after layer of fields, all overflowing with different shades of brown and tan and straw--and the sky was this awesome blue color that I simply refer to as 'sky.' heh. Postively beautiful.[/size]
  4. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuruBlu [/i] [B]I don't suppose I'll ever live that down will I? :([/b][/quote] [SIZE=1]Oh, he gets that all the time. [b]...and what kind of "plan" does god have for his "sinners"? [/b] Right now, you're making a difference in someone's life. Glory. You go by the Bible, and every single freakin' person that's ever lived is a sinner. And it sure would have changed the course of history about twenty million times over if huge numbers of those people didn't believe God had a plan for them. [/SIZE]
  5. [size=1]Dude, cheer up. ;) You're the same person, and my opinion of you hasn't changed a bit. You're still the cool guy I've never-quite-talked-to-although-I've-always-halfway-been-meaning-too. Cheers. ;)[/size]
  6. [size=1]Everyone seems to be under the impression that love is the opposite of hate. That's not true. They're so close that sometimes you can't tell the difference. The opposite of love is apathy.[/size]
  7. [size=1]I've got this all worked out... In my drama crew, I'm a 'dork,' our resident computer genius is the 'nerd,' the artist-writer-jpop guy [okay, so that description fits most of my friends...] is a 'geek,' my friend Heather is a '*****,' her younger brother is a 'twerp,' and the list goes on. [My kid sister is a 'cool newbie,' a title she holds with pride from the brief period she was a member at OB, heh. Stereotypes are hilarious when no one cares. ;)[/size]
  8. Sara

    Evangelion?

    [size=1]It has, but not since we've had a section at the main site. :toothy:[/size]
  9. [size=1]Umm...CandyLand was a pretty good game. So was Snakes and Ladders. :toothy:[/size]
  10. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i] [B]You should kidnap him an keep him in your room. Or something. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1].......... Point: I doubt his parents would go for that. Firstborn child and all that rot. Point: I have a five-year-old-brother, and still vividly remember the downsides to having young children about. Point: If I'm going to babysit, I'd like to get paid for it. Still. heh.[/SIZE]
  11. [size=1]There was ths little kid in front of my sister and me at cgurch during the PXmas service. Cutest little guy, he kept smiling at us, and you know, it was impossible not to smile back.[/size]
  12. [size=1]I've got it as 'Mith-raw-nah-doh.' Heh.[/size]
  13. [size=1]If you'd prefer, we can continue to think of you that way. :toothy:[/size]
  14. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i] [B][color=deeppink][size=1]Hey, does anyone else's school do Silent Reading once a month?[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Heh, I wish... I love reading, I really do... But the truth is, I read a [i]lot[/i] less than I used to [still more than most people I know...o0]. And it's not because of television or movies. :p I still hardly watch television. What's changed in the past couple years? Dun dun dun..... Internet. Most of my free time is spent online, or messing with photoshop. Which is why I really enjoy Trig class. I understand the assignment, I work ahead...and I just relax and read and write during class. ^_^ I prefer book to television adaptations because my imagination is always much more vivid than what they can cram into a TVscreen. In a few cases, I've seen the movie before I knew there was a book [I watched [i]Tuck Everlasting[/i] years andf years ago....] and when I found out there was a book--wow, was I ever ecstatic. But then it was more about the movie's Winnie, not my own version. So it was like I was reading a book based off the movie, more than the other way around, I think. The characters were already there, I was just learning more about them, instead of starting out with the book and falling in love with Jesse all on my own. Heh. I don't know if that made sense to anyone. :toothy:[/SIZE]
  15. [size=1]I have a fairly good system... all 'current obsession' names go to story characters, not hypothetical children. No, my hypothetical children will have quite the rigorous naming requirements. After going through grade school with several other Sara(h)s, I'd like to name a child something fairly unique. Nothing too off-the-wall, but a name he or she wouldn't have to share with half his or her kindergarten class. I would also go for a name with an accepted spelling. 'Catherine' and 'Katherine' are fine, but 'Kaethyrnn' is out of the question. I don't want my child going though life with a name they will have to spell out for every office worker they meet. If one spelling of a name is more common [or accepted' than another, I would probably go for the less-used variation. My own name is Sara [[i]Not[/i] Sarah,] and while I still get Christmas cards from relatives addressed to my alternate-spelling counterpart, the no-'h' variation of my name was what kept me different from the other seven Sarahs I knew through grade school. And there's a special thrill finding personalized keychains and whatnot for 'Sara.' I'd like a name with a story behind it, simply because I love history and etymology so much. So I wouldn't make up a name, that'd be cheating. I would also look for a name without terrible nicknames. Theo is a fine name, but I would not be able to stand having people call my child 'Teddy.' Or perhaps I would simply have to be firm with relatives for the first few years. "Her name is Elizabeth, [i]not[/i]Bitsy." [/size]
  16. [size=1]New members are actually treated very well here. ;) Staff does a good job of making sure things don't get too out of hand, and people are generally very welcoming. Semjaza is right: everyone is chastised for breaking the rules, new members in general just break the rules more often. Staff members have bad days as well as anyone else, and sure, you're likely to notice a thread closed with a sharp remark once in a while, but compared to some other boards, this place is quite the newbie haven. And before someone asks... "Playing Mod" is a term used to denote unnecessary or rude action by members. If you know a thread is spam and will be deleted, [i]ignore[/i] the thread instead of posting about it. If someone asks a question in the wrong forum, [i]answer[/i] it instead of coldly announcing that 'this doesn't belong here, you should read the rules.' It doesn't make you an outstanding person among the staff, trust me. It just ticks people off.[/size]
  17. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i] [B][size=1]Ack, I have a headache now... -Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]You were making a lot of sense till you gave up, Shy.[/SIZE]
  18. [size=1]I would name my children either [b]a[/b]. Something Biblical, or [b]b[/b]. something with a cool meaning. If I were to name child something right now, it would be: [b]Female[/b]: Jael [A pretty darn cool character from Judges.] [b]Male[/b]: Jonathan [A guy of [i]incredible[/i] faith.] The other option would be etymological, or just plain definition, which I'm sure I would have several dozen choices for, and my significant other would probably 86 most of them. :toothy: So we'll just stop there for the time being. [/size]
  19. Sara

    Cheating

    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#507AAC]But if you cheat frequently, it's true that you're only cheating yourself.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]You really aren't making the other party too thrilled about your actions, either. :toothy:[/SIZE]
  20. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#507AAC]Anyway, at the very least...I'm really glad that the work I do (and the work of the other staff) is appreciated. I'm sure it makes what we do a whole lot more worthwhile.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Indeed, cheers to y'all. You deserve it, heh. I go to other messageboards, on and off. [Mostly off, on account of losing passwords, usernames, and patience. After spending so much time with the luxurious average post quality of OB, it's rather painful to venture out into the big scary online world.] Frankly, though, it's the people who keep me here. Where else would I find wrist cutter's sarcastic remarks, Juu's sweetness, James' strained patience, and Piro's..um..Piro-ness? :toothy: I keep in touch with several people by other means, but it's really great to have a good-sized active 'core group' that I can interact with [or quietly observe] at OB. *waves*[/SIZE]
  21. Sara

    Cheating

    [size=1]It drives me nuts when people cheat in school. I've always done really well--sometimes I work myself for hours on something, but usually it is easy. But I do the work myself, and I spend time on it when I don't get it. In grade school, my class was notorious for cheating. Someone started calling it 'extended help,' and it turned into this giant thing... The best was when not a soul understood the unit in English--crazy gerund stuff--and they all failed the test, every last one of 'em. Maybe that's a little spiteful of me, but that's who I am.[/size]
  22. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#507AAC]Deus makes a really good comment toward the end of his post. And it makes me wish that you (Sara) would go hunting for Telling Lies for God by Dr. Ian Plimer. You are just the person who should be reading it, in my opinion. I think it's quite healthy to be able to study science whilst also believing that God is [i]responsible[/i] for the wonderful complexity and perfect inner workings of natural science.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Point One: I've been keeping my eyes open for it for a year and a half, James. ;) Point Two: See, now...[i]that[/i] is something that makes sense to me. ^_^[/SIZE]
  23. [size=1]Style? I shop by color. :toothy: For two or three years, I'm pretty sure I wore nothing but browns and greens. There was this olive-green color that I just loved, and I would buy clothes--usually Kmart, or secondhand, because why the heck would I pay tons of money for [i]clothes[/i]?--that either were that green, or matched with it. I don't remember why, but I did an 'inventory' of my clothes. I had something like twelve green or brown tops, a couple blue, a couple black, one red [for Christmas], and zero purple, orange, pink, or yellow. This past spring, I fell in love with Orange...all of a sudden, I went from drab browns and greens to brilliant sunny bright oranges and reds. Heh. A day didn't go by when someone didn't compliment me on my clothes, which I thought was hilarious. Now I wear whatever. I just got a ton of clothes from my aut [she was moving, and gave me a bunch of stuff she'd worn in college.] It all fits me, and it's so much fun. ^_^ I'm still fond of orange, too. I wore a shirt spoofing Abercrombie [the brand of choice at school], and every time I walked into a classroom, I heard whispers suddenly stop. 'Did you see her?" "Sara's wearing and Abercrombie shirt!" Hardly anyone noticed it was a spoof, heh. It was [i]so[/i] funny.[/size]
  24. [size=1]It really only takes about twelve seconds to bold the text you're quoting, and people are much more likely to read and make sense of your posts, then. Especially, since you're always arguing, you often sound like you're contradicting yourself. [b]On topic:[/b] I believe in Evolution...[i]and[/i] Creation, simply because that's the thing that..well...makes the most sense to me. I've heard it termed 'Continuing Evolution,' as opposed to 'Original Evolution.' It bugs me that some of my Christian friends won't accept what I believe, like I've 'betrayed' Christianity. Please. This goes back to 'choosing a religion to fit your beliefs' vs 'choosing beliefs to fit your religion.' [i]I[/i] prefer the first. And it's honestly not that big of a deal. I guess the reason I can't accept evolution has to do with the way I was raised. I was brought up on Sunday School stories, had tests on the what God created on each day, and other stuff. And It was fine for me, for a long time. In a way, it still is.. But I'm upset, partly because I've gone to parochial school most of my life, that I've never really been introduced to other theories/religions. So, frankly, I can't comprehend them. The world was made in six days? Gotcha. Big Bang theory? Wha?! If I'd been taught it, I'd probably embrace it. As it is, I've been taught differently, and I don't think I could really change if I wanted to.[/size]
  25. [size=1]I'm going over to a friend's house in a little while. It should be fun, although I'm not a party-type person. My city/town/whatever doesn't do anything special, to my knowledge. There are a handful of weirdos who jump into Lake Michigan [cold place, mm], but I'm not that insane yet. Does anyone remember last year's New Year's Thread, I wonder.... :toothy:[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...