1337 Posted October 31, 2002 Posted October 31, 2002 Would you allow the government to kill one innocent, unexpecting person to stop world hunger? Would YOU kill one unsuspecting, innocent person to stop world hunger?
Sara Posted October 31, 2002 Posted October 31, 2002 [size=1]Would you kill the person you loved the most, if it would save the world?[/size]
Phantom Posted October 31, 2002 Posted October 31, 2002 naw.. .wouldnt.. .just means there would be more people on earth..more waste...more everything... ide go for earth life over human life... if people starve.. i'm sorry... not my fault.
Break Posted October 31, 2002 Posted October 31, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i] [B]naw.. .wouldnt.. .just means there would be more people on earth..more waste...more everything... ide go for earth life over human life... if people starve.. i'm sorry... not my fault. [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=crimson]I actually agree with you there, more people = more pollution. Dead Earth or dead people?[/size][/color]
Char! Posted October 31, 2002 Posted October 31, 2002 [color=teal][size=1][b]Yes, I would allow my government to kill one innocent, unsuspecting person in order to stop world hunger. Yes, I would kill one innocent, unsuspecting person myself to stop world hunger. and because char is oh so selfish: No, I would not kill the person I loved the most to save the world. --Mike "char,char!"[/b][/color][/size]
Ryan Posted October 31, 2002 Posted October 31, 2002 [size=1][color=firebrick] No I wouldn't. Think about it Char. If everyone is hungry then people multiple, we run out of water sooner and then everyone dies. So because you killed one person everyone has to suffer that wasn't hungry and worked hard and earned the food that they put on the table each night. You would die. Think about it that way. The earth already has its problems, don't add more.[/size][/color]
Phantom Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 SaRA: ide not kill my love.. nope never... screw the world.. if i was FORCED to do anything ide kill myself.. um... Ryan: who said people who are starving dotn work hard? or HARDER than the average person over here in Canada and US?... Its just if everyone gets to eat....everyone than however gets to live and thus destroy our already struggling planet oh so much faster. I aint being selfish by saying they can starve.. sure i take for granted that i can eat and drink every day..who doesnt? its really hard to actually take our simple life sustaining food and nourishment and cherish it with undying and everlasting praise. anyway its only gona kill stuff.. lol..we dont want to end all life just to make everyone stuffed. World hunger is always going to be an amazingly odd societal issue. Yep..
Shy Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i] [B][size=1]Would you kill the person you loved the most, if it would save the world?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1]You took that from me! :p I can't say that I could kill someone else, maybe I could yell at them for a few hours.. but that is the extent of my wrath. But I do believe that one person's sacrifice is worth it, if it contributes to the good of all humanity. -Shy[/size]
Transtic Nerve Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 What if... you were the government and you had to kill the only other person to stop world hunger, I'm sure you wouldn't do it then....
Jeebs Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i] [B]naw.. .wouldnt.. .just means there would be more people on earth..more waste...more everything... ide go for earth life over human life... if people starve.. i'm sorry... not my fault. [/B][/QUOTE] I agree with you there. My language arts teacher asked a question like this. It was: Would you kill an innocent child in order to get a cure for all the diseases in the world?
Kent Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 I'm a republican. Hell yea I would. Infact I would let myself be the innocent to be killed. I wouldnt kill a loved one unless they said so, and even then, I wouldnt do it. But I might allow them to die. But fact of the matter is, for my one loved one, there are a thousand other loved ones dying of hunger. One for the rest, of course. Hands down, I would take the life of one, for the not just he lives of many, but for the end of a problem that is possible the worst ever. odd question though...
Charles Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 The person we're killing must be pretty fat, if we're going to feed him/her to the entire poor population....
Kinetic Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i] [B]I'm a republican. Hell yea I would. Infact I would let myself be the innocent to be killed. I wouldnt kill a loved one unless they said so, and even then, I wouldnt do it. But I might allow them to die. But fact of the matter is, for my one loved one, there are a thousand other loved ones dying of hunger. One for the rest, of course. Hands down, I would take the life of one, for the not just he lives of many, but for the end of a problem that is possible the worst ever. odd question though... [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkblue] I'm a republican but I don't share the same views, so don't go flaunting that around acting almighty. I hate the republican/democratic race for power, but won't go into that now. (I don't even really know the difference between republican and democrat, so don't even [i]try[/i] to talk politics with me . . . I'd be embarrassed :p) Anyway, I would not kill that person, but I would let them die if only by their own will. I would, myself, wish to be the one that they would kill, because I'd rather it be me than someone else. Especially a loved one. Imagine if you were related to that one innocent person. The anguish and animosity you would feel. [/color]
Sara Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i] [B][size=1]You took that from me! :p I can't say that I could kill someone else, maybe I could yell at them for a few hours.. but that is the extent of my wrath. But I do believe that one person's sacrifice is worth it, if it contributes to the good of all humanity. -Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Yesh, I did. And I must say that it's been bugging me for weeks now, because you never expalined yourself at all. And most of you seem to be of the opinion that you'd rather see everyone on earth die, just so long as the planet itself came out okay. Am I right? And Gokents, don't you think it would be easier to let yourself be killed than to decide that an innocent person has to die?[/SIZE]
James Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [color=royalblue]I wouldn't. The world is already over-populated and mandkind is finding it difficult to sustain our development. That said, it's never going to happen anyway...so any answer I give is totally pointless. lol [/color]
Mnemolth Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 Actually, nobody needs to kill anybody to stop world hunger. The problem is not the lack of food but the lack of political will to produce food and/or distribute it. People don't die from hunger, they die from politics...
Rain Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [color=blue][size=1]I wouldn't. Firstly for the reason that everyone else stated (the world would be too over-populated), and secondly, because what if that one innocent person turned out to be someone you know and love...it would be an entirely different perspective then, wouldn't it?[/size][/color]
Sara Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i] [B]Actually, nobody needs to kill anybody to stop world hunger. The problem is not the lack of food but the lack of political will to produce food and/or distribute it. People don't die from hunger, they die from politics... [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Oh, stop being practical. It's a hypothetical moral question.[/SIZE]
Mnemolth Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 Ahh! There's your rapier. I knew you had it somewhere, you were just waiting for the right moment to draw it out. :)
enigma Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [I]Hmmm, that's an interesting question. I don't know what I would do.[/I]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now