OtakuBoards

Rate FUNi's Dubbing Job on DBZ

Guest Altron Gundam

Guest Voodookanaka
I think the voies were really well chosen, bar Tenshinhans in DBZ

The translations were quite poor however.
Id give em a nice 6.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]I think the voies were really well chosen, bar Tenshinhans in DBZ

The translations were quite poor however.
Id give em a nice 6. [/B][/QUOTE]
The voices wer good, but i dunno y u would giv em a 6. Did u kno a big bald guy did the voice of Gohan?!?!

Edit: I'm not even going to say it. Please...I'm not this stupid anymore...

Guest Majin Gohan
I rate it a 2 voices are ok and the music is ok but the editing is terrible. Oh but if you have a DVD player (or a PS2) you can go out and buy the DVDs they have the japanese version on it. I prefer buying subs though. It's alot cheaper than DVDs

• 1 year later...
[size=1] [FONT=century gothic] [color=crimson]

Vegeta-sama's voice, like sephiroth said, was well done, Goku on the other hand, sounds more like a typical american superhero, like Superman or something. I believe they did that on purpose believing that the main character should be a heavilly accented grunting moaner. ugh!

My real beef with fUNi is the horrible awful music, and the editing. But i give it a 5. It has it's moments. [/size] [/FONT][/color]

This topic was discussed and ended a LONG time ago, and there is no need to bring it back. Since it was soo many pages back, you know you could've just made a new topic about it. Bringing back a topic that hasnt been used for months is REALLY pointless.

Edit: But since there have been 2 replies to this post thus far, I guess we can keep it open. But please, dont bring back posts that havent been used for more than 2 months.

I'd give it a 1/10. Which a lot of people rated that.

I give it that rating because when they dub it, they leave out so many important scenes! Also, the music didn't really sound any good. It was just repeating.

Though, I did keep saying it over and over again in my head. I just couldn't get it out.

United States dub: 6/10 - they keep the good voices (vegeta) but could have been better

UK dub: 2/10 - we got a stoned vegeta for a lot of the series, and USA fat buu sounded way better than the awful uk one.

I would give the dubs an 5 out of 10.

This is all really a matter of personal opinion. Since there arent too many things that really drive me up the wall, Im not gonna be too harsh.

But I do hate the change of dialoge and change of feelings expressed because of that. When you curse, it makes a statment of anger that is hard to beat. So when you replace all the dirty words, suggestive dialoge and any major violence, you get one majorly toned down show.

Usually toning down ends up screwing over the loyal fans that brought the show its popularity.

I still go with one concept when thinking of these things...
Something is better than nothing. So I will take what I can get, dub or not.