Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
What happened to my position? I was an Otaku, and now I'm a Member again. Can someone tell me what happened? I had 1032(or something close to that) post and now I'm down to 982 or whatever. Can someone tell me what went on? Please?...
Posted
[color=darkred]Is it possible that you posted in the Newbie Forum at all? A lot of people lost posts from there, but if you go "Search for all posts by this user" or whatever it is, it'll come up with the number of things you've posted, even if its not counted in the posts under your name or in your Profile. [/color]
Posted
[color=red] Yup. What Rae said...

We really don't know exactly why, but it has something to do with the deletion of Newbie Lounge.[/color]
Posted
It's because newbie lunge posts used to count, then didn't then got deleted. So you lost about 50 post because you posted 50 posts in the newbie lounge before it stopped counting.
Posted
[color=#507AAC]Actually, it's more likely that you were posting in a large thread that was removed. Either that, or several threads (that may have included your posts) were removed.

Threads are deleted all the time at OB, so if you've posted in something that gets deleted...it's possible that your posts were also deleted. That's the most likely explanation.[/color]
Posted
Actually.. I think I know where all mine went (the 10 of them lol whoopie).

I had bout 10 posts in the LadyM "where ive been" thread...while it was in OBL, than it was moved to NL, so bleh... Thats the logical reason....James is prolly right on the money with that..
Posted
[color=darkred]Tigervx, I posted after they stopped counting. I think the computor registered the loss of posts when the NL got deleted, but didn't realise that they didn't count towards your post count...or something like that. I know what I think happened, but I find it hard to explain things... >.<[/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=#507AAC]It's unlikely that Newbie Lounge counted your posts. That's not why they were lost.

They would have simply been lost because a thread may have been deleted that you had posted in. That's really all there is to it. I mean, Moderators are always removing redundant threads in their respective forums. So it doesn't surprise me even if my own post count goes down as a result. Usually though, it's not a big enough hit to actually change your status or anything. It just depends where you post I guess.[/color][/size]
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...